10+ Year Old Account
    Threads slowly waking up as alpha nears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If 8.2 wasn't enough for your friends to return, I have no idea what 8.3 could have to satisfy them. Many people just don't play WoW long term anymore, they return for expac launch and quit few weeks into expac.
    Exactly. They've actually come to realise this and one of them has already unsubbed. He's just playing as much as he wants until his gametime runs out. My other friend will probably do the same when he's done everything he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Threads slowly waking up as alpha nears.
    Alpha has been out for some time and it isnt looking good when looking at the classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Curious what the book is going to reveal. Seems quite horde-centric, but i suppose Before the Storm was quite Alliance centric, so i guess it balances out, and who knows, maybe the Alliance part they spent a sentence giving a preview off is actually the juicy part of the story.

Starting to feel ready for the Alpha to begin and start teh hypetrain again, i had a lot of fun in this thread in the leadup ot Blizzcon, and i look forward to being able to speculate properly once models show up.
    No idea but supposedly the author has played wow for over 10 years so..theres that I guess. Also can we stop using friend's list as some actual indacator for how a game is doing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They have abandoned 83 and is focusing on SL development so alpha soon ish i think

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No idea but supposedly the author has played wow for over 10 years so..theres that I guess. Also can we stop using friend's list as some actual indacator for how a game is doing.
    Should be interesting, as much as i dont like hating on Christie Golden i don't think this kind of story they are pitching in this book is a good fit for her anyways.
    Her strength has always been writing day to day stuff about "normal" people, not so much weaving intricate epic plots, which i felt was shown quite well in Before the Storm.

Not sure what the author having playued WoW for 10 years has to do with anything though, there is barely any overlap in the field of playing an MMO with friends and writing a novel.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Alpha has been out for some time and it isnt looking good when looking at the classes
    They have abandoned 83 and is focusing on SL development so alpha soon ish i think
    Its amazing how your able to contradict yourself within 2 hours and with only 1 post in between.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its amazing how your able to contradict yourself within 2 hours and with only 1 post in between.
    Then you are easily impressed.

May I ask for your source? Didn't hear anything about alpha yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    May I ask for your source? Didn't hear anything about alpha yet.
    It's not out.

Yes, and as I said. People did not like the Azerite armor and traits system which is linked to the rewards a lot of us get(Which would need to be rethought of as well). They'd have to redo a massive part of the game if they wanted to wait a bit more. Bad enough people loathed Argus already or should say MMO-Champ did). It was just not a good system. I argue the fact they decided to do essences(Which IMO should of been replacing Azerite armor but I digress).

As much as I wanted them to scrap the azerite armor stuff/Heart of Azeroth, I feel like we'd have to wait 4-5 more months.

Edit: Why am I still playing despite that bad system? I still have fun and if I could handle WoD, I think BFA will get off easy.
    If you think about it lizard did abandon azerite armor after the launch of 8.2

The majority of Azurra armor had most if not all of the unlocks completed by the heart level that you got after completing the intro quest and now you complete the intro quest and you are boosted to 50

There have been no major new traits added since 8.1

The required level for the essence unlocks are just a way of time getting player power

Lizard abandoned the broken system and overtime have found a way to Nerf it while not making it absolutely unnecessary

- - - Updated - - -

Should be interesting, as much as i dont like hating on Christie Golden i don't think this kind of story they are pitching in this book is a good fit for her anyways.
    Her strength has always been writing day to day stuff about "normal" people, not so much weaving intricate epic plots, which i felt was shown quite well in Before the Storm.

Not sure what the author having playued WoW for 10 years has to do with anything though, there is barely any overlap in the field of playing an MMO with friends and writing a novel.
    Well when you have 10 years of experience with the source material you can kind of get a grasp for how the story would progress

For example a possibility of someone who has absolutely no connection to Warcraft writing this novel could have them having the characters doing minor things that are out of character or the opposite where someone experienced with the source material will make sure to include a characters quirks

From the little I've read, seems some dataminers who've had acess to alpha and its already not looking good. If this keeps up then i'll probably skip this expansion, I played bfa for the first raid tier and stopped. If the classes by chance are still the same S***show then no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleah Junia View Post
    From the little I've read, seems some dataminers who've had acess to alpha and its already not looking good. If this keeps up then i'll probably skip this expansion, I played bfa for the first raid tier and stopped. If the classes by chance are still the same S***show then no thanks.
    I haven't found any information that dataminers had access to the alpha, and I'm pretty sure it's not even out yet. Can you link your source, friend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like someone is being a bit of a troll.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bellurar made video where his "sources" give 100% info that Alpha is in terrible state.

Given we got BFA alpha around this current time (like early february) i would say Shadowlands alpha is close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bellurar made video where his "sources" give 100% info that Alpha is in terrible state.
    tbh those sources are more trustworthy than anything on mmo-c.

Given we got BFA alpha around this current time (like early february) i would say Shadowlands alpha is close.

- - - Updated - - -

tbh those sources are more trustworthy than anything on mmo-c.
    I wouldnt be surprised if his sources actually IS MMO-champ

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be surprised if his sources actually IS MMO-champ
    I call shennigans on that, considering how wrong a lot of *leaks* are in the past year(*Cough* Northrend melting *Cough*)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-08 at 03:48 PM.

Warrior-Magi

I call shennigans on that, considering how wrong a lot of *leaks* are in the past year(*Cough* Northrend melting *Cough*)
    Yeah that leak was some straight bullshit. And from such a trusted leak too, i was so hyped for it.
    Guess it just goes to show me what i get from trusting supposedly "credible" sources.

I have some concerns over the new player experience.

New starting zone - Yeh thats fancy no qualms with that.
    Forced(?) BFA leveling - Concerns.

So if we look at this from a new player perspective they are told and advertised that wow is a massive multiplayer online game with 15 years or so behind it and numerous expansions. We finish the starting zone (and we probably understand its a starting zone if were familiar with mmo's before) and then the whole world is suppose to open up to us and we can explore the vast world of... zuldazar or kultiras?

Now don't get me wrong I agree with having a cohesive story being good. However, would it not be possible to give the same option to new players as veterans where they can do whatever they want while still making it clear that what they're doing is out dated? You can default to BFA and put a note there to explain that by doing said content you would be the most upto date with story elements while still giving the option to fuck around in outlands for whatever reason a new player may have (Oh look sparkly space rock). I feel limiting it like this is taking a lot of the charm of wow away from a new player experience which is something most people are told to cherish cos that magic is lost soon after.