I mean sure it was a big deal with rank 3 essence when only 1 person in the raid had it OmegaLul

So this confirms the mythic exclusive phase isnt anything terribly exciting? No new cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    So this confirms the mythic exclusive phase isnt anything terribly exciting? No new cinematic?
    That was confirmed a while ago. It's almost certain they ripped a phase out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    That was confirmed a while ago. It's almost certain they ripped a phase out.
    How boring.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I agree with this. Always thought that raids should just have only 1 lockout, you should still br able to downgrade difficulty and finish the raid just not from the begging again, and with loot.
    I actually didn't mean one lockout like that. Let's ignore normal since that gear will often be worse anyhow.

The intent is being able to do at most 1 heroic split. The first heroic you do bounds you to an instance id for the next reset or even multiple resets for Mythic. This means that if you kill one boss on heroic then everyone in that raid is bound to this randomly generated ID for the next reset on Mythic. This would prevent split raids with mains as they would not be able to see each other anymore on Mythic otherwise.

Though I assume it would mean they'd be farming Mythic+ all day long instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    I actually didn't mean one lockout like that. Let's ignore normal since that gear will often be worse anyhow.

The intent is being able to do at most 1 heroic split. The first heroic you do bounds you to an instance id for the next reset or even multiple resets for Mythic. This means that if you kill one boss on heroic then everyone in that raid is bound to this randomly generated ID for the next reset on Mythic. This would prevent split raids with mains as they would not be able to see each other anymore on Mythic otherwise.

Though I assume it would mean they'd be farming Mythic+ all day long instead.
    All it would mean is people would need more alts. Unless you are talking about binding per account.

Quote Originally Posted by BreaKerNZ View Post
    I mean sure it was a big deal with rank 3 essence when only 1 person in the raid had it OmegaLul
    Method had the rank 3 essence and Limit had a pair of pants.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    All it would mean is people would need more alts. Unless you are talking about binding per account.
    How so? You can not do split raids anymore with what I mentioned, unless you don't want to play Mythic with the same players.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    How so? You can not do split raids anymore with what I mentioned, unless you don't want to play Mythic with the same players.
    Wait you want to bind them to the same id for the next reset??? Are you nuts it would completely kill the ability to pug.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why do people keep expecting every xpac that there is a new cinematic on Mythic fights?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wait you want to bind them to the same id for the next reset??? Are you nuts it would completely kill the ability to pug.
    It's funny you should say that because in the past all difficulties of the raid used to have an ID and somehow everyone lived with it. Maybe doing that again would encourage more people to join guilds again

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the case with most of these "solutions" to split runs - they only think about the world first race and ignore everything else. Even assuming they'd somehow manage to "fix" the split runs, they'd also screw over other people.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    If being world first for over dozen of tiers was "mediocre", what is your definition of "good"?
    Having 5 alts geared to the teeth and playing 16 hours a day for 2 weeks when a raid releases is impressive in your book? Then sure. Its realy not in myn

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's funny you should say that because in the past all difficulties of the raid used to have an ID and somehow everyone lived with it. Maybe doing that again would encourage more people to join guilds again
    Next reset is very different from same reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Method on #2. I legit figured they'd get snubbed on #2 by Pieces or Alpha. Guess it finally clicked for them.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You say that like it's a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing
    It's a horrible thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Grats Method on #2. I legit figured they'd get snubbed on #2 by Pieces or Alpha. Guess it finally clicked for them.
    Was kind of hoping for Alpha to get it

Mm, was kind of hoping for a Pieces/Alpha kill as well. Would've been funny.

Oh well - congrats on #2.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Having 5 alts geared to the teeth and playing 16 hours a day for 2 weeks when a raid releases is impressive in your book? Then sure. Its realy not in myn
    They're "geared to the teeth" in the sense that pretty much every future guild that kills this boss will have superior items because they'll have more than 2 mythic boss kills. Also, by this definition, all top 5 guilds are "mediocre" and the only skilled ones are armchair raiders like you.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They're "geared to the teeth" in the sense that pretty much every future guild that kills this boss will have superior items because they'll have more than 2 mythic boss kills. Also, by this definition, all top 5 guilds are "mediocre" and the only skilled ones are armchair raiders like you.
    Eh in the case of this tier that's actually unlikely because of how huge corruption was.