Poll: Worst final content patch?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashanerz View Post
    BfA was bad enough to make me not want to keep playing well before 8.3

But Cata? Cata was one of my favourite xpac's up until 4.3....Firelands was one of the finest raids they've ever made. For the time it was exceptional and still holds up to this day....but dragon soul? Cata started incredibly well and I enjoy every minute of it until Dragon Soul dropped, and Dragon Soul was so bad that I stopped playing and didn't come back until 6.2 (almost 6.3)
    Agreed, DS was the laziest major raid besides ToC, and definitely the laziest final raid. Nyalotha is awesome.

8.3 easily. Raid seems solid but would have been better served by fewer bosses + another dungeon. Visions are tedious, unfun bullshit, as is the grind for mementos / cv’s.

History will list the O:M instance as the only memorable element of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    lol at the one dude who picked sunwell. boo this man
    Tiny timegated daily island and timegated raid. People who voted for 8.3 probably didnt even play back then to know how little content that patch had.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-02-08 at 03:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    8.3 seems to be topping the poll results by a good bit, but I didn't play in BfA long enough to see how bad it is, so I'm going with 4.3. Dragon Soul was a disappointing end to an expansion that otherwise had some pretty decent raids.
    It's usual. Check similar poll in few years, when current 10.4 or something will be "worst patch ever created", then you see how people see 8.3 compared to other final patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I found most fights in ICC to be enjoyable and the dungeons to be fun to run multiple times. Ruby Sanctum was simply a bonus.
    No, seriously....

LK HC was a good fight.. Not epic or legendary, but good.
    The rest of ICC was ranging from horrible (Gunship) to less than mediocre (pretty much all of the fights) to slightly above average (Prof Putty).

It really wasn't a good raid (in a bad expansion), and certainly not end-of-expansion material; that should have been Ulduar.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    8.3 - Visions of N'Zoth - This patch burnt me out. I completely dropped my Alliance main a few days ago so I could just stick to suffering through it on the one character. Blizzard managed to make the daily system an annoying inconvenience by spreading the pickups out over a giant map, making you fly over rares and chests on the way to pick up a quest only to be told to go back out there and get those very things. Only they’ve been killed/despawned by now. Even horrific visions, which interested me at first but now I find just plain tedious.
    On the bright side this patch made it the perfect time to give Classic another go, which I did and I now find myself enjoying it whereas I hated it the first time around.
    This actually makes me more frustrated since I’m logging on to keep up with my daily chores so I don’t fall behind on content I actually do enjoy (Mythic+) instead of playing Classic.
    Oh and the legendary cloak is shit. Can’t put goblin glider on it and you have to keep upgrading it to infinity to increase the corruption resistance. Fuck that. Fuck the corruption system in general, I preferred titanforging.

So yeah, 8.3 is the worst.
    Daily pickups are all in the same place....

and how are horrific visions tedious? I’ve heard people say dailies are tedious, assaults are tedious, but not horrific visions. You can only do 4 of them per week, and they have high stakes, scaling rewards and difficulties.

If you didn’t actually play the patch then say so in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Daily pickups are all in the same place....

and how are horrific visions tedious? I’ve heard people say dailies are tedious, assaults are tedious, but not horrific visions. You can only do 4 of them per week, and they have high stakes, scaling rewards and difficulties.

If you didn’t actually play the patch then say so in your post.
    They're not all in the same place.

They're tedious because you have to conform to the quest requirements and experimentation is discouraged due to the time limit and limited attempts at them.

Maybe you should consider playing the patch before shilling for Bli$$ard??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Oh, was it the rename of flex>normal, normal>heroic, heroic>mythic that was the prepatch? Because my cutting edge for Garrosh was definitely heroic.
    Correct, 5.4 was flex, normal, heroic. 6.0 was normal, heroic, mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    blows my mind how so many people pick 8.3,they either started playing in legion or its just the trendy thing to hate on curent content....this patch is actualy pretty good as final patches go,wotlk was worse,nothing to do....WORSE timegating,wod had less to do,cata last patch was pure garbage
    This right here. This hits the nail on the head. People only hate on 8.3 because it's trendy to hate BfA. It's nowhere near as bad as Wod or Cata's end patches.

shadows of argus for me, cause the zone is one of the worst ever made, and destroyed the chance for Argus to be its on expansion like it should have been.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

tbh this has probably been my favorite final content patch. I thought Argus was super ugly and the raid was okay. All of the other patches were dead pretty much after the raids were cleared.
    I love visions, the daily/biweekly/weekly grind is fine for me and pushing m+ is always fun.
    My highlight has been the raid so far. I love all of the bosses except for N'zoth.

Hm. I resubbed for 7.3 at least. I resubbed for 6.2. I wasn't unsubbed in 5.4, 4.3 and 3.3. I was new player leveling in 2.4.

8.3 couldn't even make me to resub. Nothing is interesting for me in this patch.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-02-08 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They're not all in the same place.

They're tedious because you have to conform to the quest requirements and experimentation is discouraged due to the time limit and limited attempts at them.

Maybe you should consider playing the patch before shilling for Bli$$ard??
    Yes, they are in the same place 75% of the time. The only time they’re not is during the N’Zoth vale invasion.

I would say visions are too restricted but they’re certainly not tedious. And if you think 2 hours of intro quests is too much idk what to tell you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    tbh this has probably been my favorite final content patch. I thought Argus was super ugly and the raid was okay. All of the other patches were dead pretty much after the raids were cleared.
    I love visions, the daily/biweekly/weekly grind is fine for me and pushing m+ is always fun.
    My highlight has been the raid so far. I love all of the bosses except for N'zoth.
    Agreed 100%. I’m having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    8.3 easily. Raid seems solid but would have been better served by fewer bosses + another dungeon. Visions are tedious, unfun bullshit, as is the grind for mementos / cv’s.

History will list the O:M instance as the only memorable element of this expansion.
    If you cant do anything other than just the main boss, I can see how one might find them tedious. Once you're capable of pushing them further not so much.

It's like if you were complaining that 5mans are tedious when you've never been able to push above a 9.

I get that hating on 8.3 is the hip thing to do these days, but you should at least have some experience to back up your ridiculous opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    I am totally with you when it comes to Argus. I have yet to play BFA though so I can't comment on the current patch.

The worst final patch is always the newest final patch. The voting pretty much shows it. There has been some pretty shite last patches over the years, but people wont on 8.3

4.3, by far. 6.2 being a dishonorable mention but at least it had a raid with some effort put into it.

Lol @ anyone voting 5.4 or 8.3.

5+ Year Old Account
    8.4th Specs is coming…..

Let's see
    - Dragon Soul not solely because of the content itself, (imo 3 new dungeons & a raid is a formula for a pretty good finale patch) but the drought afterwards felt like the longest we had seen since the BC launch delays, probably longer.

- Fury of Hellfire again not because of the content. (Raid was good, new zone wasn't actually that bad) but because it was the final patch after only 2 "Major" patches, a record low for any expansion. Also between those two patches, it was the only one to have actual content. Literally all 6.1 brought to the table was twitter integration and other quality of life changes. FoH was decent as a content patch, but only because it was the only patch to have real content, in a 2-patch expansion at that. Didn't make for a good finale because the finale came waay to soon (and the story writing was very visibly rushed as an attempt to shove WoD into the skeleton closet.)

- 8.3 has a lot of disappointing aspects to it, mainly the writing, but voting for it now is just low hanging fruit, because it's all the rage in the "blizzard bad" circlejerk atm.

- I see how some could argue 3.3 given that, while the dungeons and raid were cool, it was the start of lfg dungeon queues and the new dungeons dropped once difficult to obtain, highly coveted purple loot like candy from a pinata. Wrath was also significantly easier in PvE than BC or classic, and 3.3 was Wow at it's most streamlined for the time. I do feel like any gripes like that are drowned out by the awesomeness that was ICC and the defeat of the infamous Lich King.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2020-02-08 at 05:15 PM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    If you cant do anything other than just the main boss, I can see how one might find them tedious. Once you're capable of pushing them further not so much.

It's like if you were complaining that 5mans are tedious when you've never been able to push above a 9.

I get that hating on 8.3 is the hip thing to do these days, but you should at least have some experience to back up your ridiculous opinions.
    Ah, the “i disagree with you so you must not be a good player” schtick. GL with that.