Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Im glad Blizzard is recycling zones. They should expand to really dead zones

So they took Legions idea of "Legion attacks" and recycled it along with recycling old zones. Why re-invent the wheel?

Im glad we're back in Uldum and in Vale. I wish this would be more urgent, as in, it literally spreads across Azeroth and we would have more zones to quest in. Im looking at you Ghostlands.

Thoughts?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    well I mean Uldum and Vale have special significance for N'Zoth - there are reasons why they are being targeted. You'd need to have a reason to go back to the old zones but yeah it could work

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would love if they started reworking old zones like they did with Arathi, and gave us a meaningful reason to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well I mean Uldum and Vale have special significance for N'Zoth - there are reasons why they are being targeted. You'd need to have a reason to go back to the old zones but yeah it could work
    .........It would be easy as hell to come up with any reason to go back to any zone. Arathi's selection, for example, was completely arbitrary. They can pull any reason out of their ass, and they should

If it's not at the cost of new zones sure, occasionally like in bfa that's great even though you will always find whiners.

I love Uldum and the Vale but they should've been side pieces of content with Ny'alotha as the main zone for 8.3.

They weren't even updated with new textures or anything, just old god eyeballs and raid assets sprinkled everywhere. At least Arathi and (to some extent) Darkshore had good updates.

With Shadowlands being Blizzard's main focus though it doesn't surprise me that the 8.3 zones were rehashed. A polished Shadowlands is much more important than an above-average end to a below-average expansion.

I agree its nice to add new flavor to zones from the past.

Im fine with it. A nice mix of new zones and the existing zones getting developed

Yeah I have nothing against it when it makes sense. One of the things I admired about Legion is how it was the first expansion to really take you to a multitude of zones instead of making you spend all your time in 1 or 2 at max level. I loved revisiting Ulduar for my Hati questline for example.

I'm with you that I wish they had gone full ham with this idea and had several more zones invaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If there's anything that's good in this patch, it's the Vale of Eternal Blossoms in its pre 5.4 state. What a gorgeous zone.

I'm glad that they do it.. but they're doing it wrong.

While at it, they should make it a permanent change, add new low level quests as well or remove the zone as a leveling area when appropriate.
    They way they do it now does not remove the excess clutter and old outdated areas with terrible graphics and with Classic out, they don't even have the nostalgia reason to keep that stuff around.

Plus I really.. really hate Bronze dragons timey wimey stuff. I mean the lore isn't exactly solid now but this is just stupid.

I actually like re-using Uldum and the Vale. I feel like they also planned for the Storm Peaks but it might of been left out.

Either way. I would love if we get more revamped old zones each expansion

Not a fan, especially when first they remove portals to Shrines in MOP and then make us fly there every day and waste time. I'd rather have everything on 1 continent / island / landmass / mini-planet together.

Also every time I do seasonal event it's such a pita to phase back Silithus, Blasted Lands, Darkshore, etc. etc. can't use flight paths there while above x level and so forth. Makes collecting tokens for Hallow's End, Lunar Festival, Midsummer etc. such a chore. And I always liked to do them, since I started playing wow.

We are going to really dead zones. Did you miss what the next expansion is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Shadowlands doing the one island for the whole expac again is going to be it's biggest flaw, BFA at least has you going all over the planet, you rarely stay in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    .........It would be easy as hell to come up with any reason to go back to any zone. Arathi's selection, for example, was completely arbitrary. They can pull any reason out of their ass, and they should
    I always thought it was because that's the bordergrounds between Sylvanas' lands and the Alliance where they fell back to after their taking of Lordaeron failed. They used that area for that meeting area, like a no-man's land of sorts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    Shadowlands doing the one island for the whole expac again is going to be it's biggest flaw, BFA at least has you going all over the planet, you rarely stay in the same place.
    Weird. One of the big complaints I remember from Cataclysm was that there weren't all in one place.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I mean, Uldum has always had Forge of Origination, it was literally meant for this patch.

IMO, just sticking shit to random zones is not the best way forward. Sometimes it can work fine, like Sargeras just stabbing whatever and that legitimately can go anywhere in the world, but other times like with Nzoth - Uldum is like the "duh" choice.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of visiting old zones at times, it gives a little more "world" to the World of Warcraft. The artifact quests in Legion were a nifty example of how to do it fine, too bad that in BfA, they seem to have downgraded their efforts in this regard as well. At least Uldum will no longer be remembered as a huge Indiana Jones meme and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Im glad we're back in Uldum and in Vale. I wish this would be more urgent, as in, it literally spreads across Azeroth and we would have more zones to quest in. Im looking at you Ghostlands.

Thoughts?
    They should add Storm Peaks as well, as it has gigantic Titan installations. IMHO.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    They should add Storm Peaks as well, as it has gigantic Titan installations. IMHO.
    TBH, I'd rather have them all hands on deck on Shadowlands. That one needs to hit ASAP, ideally August/September. I don't really want them to work much more on a concluded expansion.