Poll: Worst final content patch?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Tiny timegated daily island and timegated raid. People who voted for 8.3 probably didnt even play back then to know how little content that patch had.
    Id rather take little content that is fun over 8.3s hodgepodge of tedious bullshit. Plus the game played about 100x better back then than it does now. If i wanted a button mash action rpg id have downloaded Tera a while ago

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Then BfA rolls around, and suddenly all those past flaws were forgiven, because BfA somehow did it way worse.
    Exactly. While Legion certainly had its flaws, BfA doubled down on them while removing the nice parts of Legion. That doesn't mean the bad parts were "forgiven" though, especially when they are still very much present today.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point i am convinced the forums have just decided that BfA is all bad all the time, and that no amount of good content will convince them otherwise. They are simply bad by association to BfA.
    What is "good" content for you can be bad for others. Please don't assume everyone here should share your tastes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Anyone saying Visions of N'zoth is just riding the Hatetrain.
    We got a significantly better raid than Dragon Soul and world content in 8.3.
    4.3 had maybe the most poorly received raid of all time and....?

Seriously, someone explain how this is comparable.

4.3 added in LFR which is the reason I got back into raiding. Played the hell out of that patch. So many alts thanks to cata altogether. Oh yeh, and transmog! Transmog is easily one of the best things ever added in a patch.

This one is a strong contender. It is hard to not give it to WoD since it was 1 of 2 patches and part of a very week expansion over all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Id rather take little content that is fun over 8.3s hodgepodge of tedious bullshit. Plus the game played about 100x better back then than it does now. If i wanted a button mash action rpg id have downloaded Tera a while ago
    Ah yes, do 3-4 dailies and spam a two button rotation. The epitome of quality!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

At this point i am convinced the forums have just decided that BfA is all bad all the time, and that no amount of good content will convince them otherwise. They are simply bad by association to BfA.
    The ONLY good part about BFA was the 8.2 zone & story of Nazjatar and Mechagon. That's it.

The rest of the expansion has been trash, every system plagued with poor design. It's arguable even Nazjatar was bad because it was a huge wasted opportunity that could have carried an expansion itself.

I like Ion - but i'm surprised he's still in a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    If you think 8.3 is the worst final patch you have some major recency bias.

If 4.3 was released today the forums would explode.

3.3>8.3>5.4>6.2>4.3

Left out sunwell and Argus because I didn’t play them.

- - - Updated - - -

People who started playing in Legion/BFA shouldn’t vote.
    Started playing late in Burning Crusade. Wanna try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Started playing late in Burning Crusade. Wanna try again?
    Doubt. /10

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Good to see the same nonsensical "reasoning" still going on strong. Because apparently you can't be playing the game and criticising some parts of it at the same time. Besides, if you hadn't played 8.3, how could you possibly criticise it at all?
    This is what we call the reductio ad absurdum in the business. I never said you shouldn't criticize the game at all, i just feel weird seeing that so many people from start to finish shit on bfa and still somehow seem to play the game. This shitting on bfa no matter what has been in my opinion so loud that the actual criticism has been made silent next to it.

To me it would make sense that the last tier of the "worst expansion ever" would get the least votes just cause there would be less people playing it but here we are with bfa on the top of the most hated final patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hour of Twilight was pretty bad. But yeah, this one is worse.

What makes 8.3 worse is they have had years now to perfect a final patch and keep the game feeling worthwhile. They actually hit is right in the last expansion, Argus was a fantastic final patch, so why is the final patch one expansion on so underwhelming? As Argus proved it isn't because WE'RE bored of the game, its because they failed to deliver something new or interesting.

We are right now flying around zones from cataclysm and mists instead of fresh new zones. Instead if any new dungeons we get scenarios. Instead of a fresh new idea for world content its just 'do xx daily quests' again. And all this building to a raid with an disappointing ending.

I just can't get how its possible to make an amazing experience like legion and follow along with this piece of crap expansion. Sure BFA has some highlights, like the playable allied races, some of the backdrops, some of the lore here and there. But its like finding nuggets of gold in a pile of cow crap. The war story was a meaningless distraction from what could have been an old god driven expansion, instead of have lore whiplash in how it turned from a war driven expansion to suddenly being all about n'zoth.

And the systems of play are just awful, There unsatisfying feeling of having an epic piece of armor with great ability slot powering you up, to just having to throw now just the armor away but take a reduced amount of power upgrades every patch is just a bad system. Azerite grinding because its such a popular system like it was apexis grinding.. and now on top of that its grinding corrupted momentos, oh yay..

they did so well with legion, why did it go this way..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

as said, 4.3 was bad, but they had years to perfect and work to making a better system since those days. Cata came fresh off of wrath, which itself was a very slow burn final patch, so they were still working out how to make final content new and interesting at that stage.
    they don't have an excuse anymore, except being honest about how many people they fired from the company as to why it turned out such poor quality.
    #boycottchina

8.3 is pretty bad. only logged in for the alpaca mount.

I enjoyed WoD in its entirety. BFA? Not even 1/4 of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post

This may be hard for you to believe, but others do not share your enthusiasm for mandatory world content.

I just want to raid and do dungeons. All these daily chores just get in the way of that. Not only do I not consider it a positive that 8.3 has this world content, it is actively detrimental to my preferred way to play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually voted for 3.3. Nothing bad about that patch, but as a final content patch and in comparison to the rest of that expansion, I felt like it didn't do much other than giving us a good raid. Sunwell is a close second, but it gave a lot to do.

3.3 literally added The Frozen Halls dungeon, ICC and Cross-Realm dungeon finder. Cross-realm dungeon finder in many minds could be seen as the "beginning of the end" for community standards on servers.

At least with every final content patch thereafter, something was done so that it made playing the game more fun, imo.

With 4.3, though Dragonsoul was a let down in most opinions, it was a patch that offered easy access to gear alts, which I always love. The trinkets and weapons in dragon also made for some fun game play.

5.4 was the longest content drought I think we've ever experienced? 14 months or something of SoO? However, Timeless isle was a ton of fun for myself and the people I was playing with. Challenge Modes were extremely fun and I had the privilege of selling carries for a ton of gold at the time. SoO was also a simple raid, especially after Mythic was released...gearing alts became fun.

6.2 was fun for the same reason as 5.4 for myself. Challenge Modes and an easy heroic HFC made playing alts extremely fun. Trinkets/Legendary rings were really fun to use.

7.3 saved Legions worst system - legendaries. Being able to obtain the BiS legendary on all my characters was very welcoming. MAGE TOWER was one of the best things that Legion itself offered.

8.3 is a close worst final content patch, but I can't give it that title until I see how it plays out completely. As of right now, this is the WORST expansion to play alts. From my previous statements, alt playing is something I very much enjoy. Needing to dive into three different systems to have a properly functioning character is absurd. Neck, Essences and Corruption. If you don't have these three things in a good spot, you feel so underpowered. When logging on an alt and realizing you have to get all these things, it sucks. Especially when the corruption system is backed by complete RNG with no way to actually obtain which corruption trait you want.

However, in time, with the cloak upgrades and getting proper corruption traits, I think 8.3 could be good. I just think it's a bad patch thus far because most final content patches usually address all the underlying issues the expansion has faced (see Legion). However, Blizzard decided to add another problematic system into the game without addressing any of the previous.

All in all though, BfA is by far the worst expansion to exist. At least WoD and Cata had fun class game play/balance and good gear progression. In the beginning of BfA...I quit for the first time because I cleared the highest M+ for my weekly chest three weeks in a row - no upgrade because of stat priority...same for PvP chest. THREE WEEKS IN A ROW. I cleared heroic uldir with the first 3 weeks...not the best, but there were people walking around in better gear that only did WORLD QUESTS AND FREAKING LFR with warforged/titanforged upgrades. What kind of trash gearing systems are these?!

I gave up and came back at the start of Battle of Dazar'alor, only to see the exact same problem. Spent weeks on my Spriest getting a heroic 415 ilvl sliver from opulence. Run it one time on my Balance druid through LFR, get a titanforged 415 ilvl socketed sliver. This should not exist.

BfA sucks...and there's so much to complain about (Gearing, RNG, Essences/Azerite Traits outdoing actual class abilities...etc)

For Shadowlands to save WoW...bring back a lot of class abilities. Don't put in ridiculous systems that out perform the class itself. I don't want to see the top damage of someone be crucible of flame, reaping strikes, anima of death, tentacle, infinite stars, etc etc...please just make the class themselves good and fun to play again without all these added systems.

Bleh /end rant
    Last edited by Vorality; 2020-02-09 at 03:37 AM.

If you enjoy world content Wrath and Cata was basically no content at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This may be hard for you to believe, but others do not share your enthusiasm for mandatory world content.

I just want to raid and do dungeons. All these daily chores just get in the way of that. Not only do I not consider it a positive that 8.3 has this world content, it is actively detrimental to my preferred way to play WoW.
    They made you the perfect expansion.

It was called WoD.

No Chores, no busy work, no boring farming.

Just dive into raids, dungeons, and rated PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Also, what's with all the people bitching about "no 8.3.5?" as far as I recall, there was only ever ONE "interim" content patch after the final patch that held anything of substance, and that was Ruby Sanctum. That's not exactly a "precedent."
    I suppose you could also count game-wide level scaling in 7.3.5, but yeah, there haven't exactly been a ton of notable final .5 patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    They made you the perfect expansion.

It was called WoD.

No Chores, no busy work, no boring farming.

Just dive into raids, dungeons, and rated PvP.
    WoD was very far from perfect, even if it did cater to players like myself fairly well.

The dungeons and raids were pretty awful, for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    as said, 4.3 was bad, but they had years to perfect and work to making a better system since those days. Cata came fresh off of wrath, which itself was a very slow burn final patch, so they were still working out how to make final content new and interesting at that stage.
    they don't have an excuse anymore, except being honest about how many people they fired from the company as to why it turned out such poor quality.
    Then how do you explain 2.4 and 3.3?

Both were better patches than 4.3 and yet had "less years to perfect" the system.
    They're constantly iterating on end game systems, for better or for worse. And they're also forever contending with competitors and gaming trends that call for "y" because "x" is "old". Oh and their fanbase is aging and has different wants and needs, generally speaking.
    Saying they've "had more time to perfect it" is equivalent to asking why the world isn't a utopia yet after all these years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post

It's not hard for me to believe. But it also doesn't match what the majority of players are interested in. Lots of players want to be in the world doing relevant things.
    Even with your idealized version of content, 8.3 has better, more challenging raids and dungeons for you than 4.3 did.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying 8.3 is top notch, just like I would never say BfA was "good". But people must have some powerful prescription rose-tints on the lenses in their glasses to say BfA is truly their worst "final patch" WoW experience. (Or they haven't played every expansion.)
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-02-09 at 04:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I suppose you could also count game-wide level scaling in 7.3.5, but yeah, there haven't exactly been a ton of notable final .5 patches.
    I wouldn't even call that content. That was literally "you can do zones in different orders now if you have alts."

The "no 8.3.5" as a grievance is like... people blaming Obama for not having a World's Fair on US soil during his presidency.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.