10+ Year Old Account

Hour of Twilight-True End time

What if we're in it? A lot of those things that were shown to us in that Cataclysm 5 man where we fight Murozond the infinite have come to pass, just wondering if that means something for the future that none of the player base has thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    just wondering if that means something for the future that none of the player base has thought of.
    While there are some similarities, there are far too many differences and far too much stuff missing in order for it to be THAT future. It is certainly A future close to it, but it's not what we saw in the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    While there are some similarities, there are far too many differences and far too much stuff missing in order for it to be THAT future. It is certainly A future close to it, but it's not what we saw in the dungeon.
    Well yes, that wasn't the True End time as Morozond said, it was a distorted version of it.

End Time can never come to pass due to the precedent that the good guys (heroes) always have to win in the end.

Step 1: Introduce insurmountable odds and seemingly unbeatable villains.
    Step 2: The heroes beat the villains.
    Step 3: Profit.

Rinse and repeat every expansion cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    End Time can never come to pass due to the precedent that the good guys (heroes) always have to win in the end.

Step 1: Introduce insurmountable odds and seemingly unbeatable villains.
    Step 2: The heroes beat the villains.
    Step 3: Profit.

Rinse and repeat every expansion cycle.
    You're taking things way to literal. Also if you notice in the End Time Dungeon Deathwing is dead on Wyrmrest Temple, what if killing him was a part of the old gods plan?

You're taking things way to literal. Also if you notice in the End Time Dungeon Deathwing is dead on Wyrmrest Temple, what if killing him was a part of the old gods plan?
    Or what if its actually a fully grown Wrathion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Or what if its actually a fully grown Wrathion?
    Going on what we know now with him being able to resist the old god's whispers i'm not so sure. I mean it could be but i'm not willing to go down the rabbit hole that far to justify it, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the End Time has any relevance outside of Cata.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The True End Time, the Final Hour of Twilight or the Infinite Night (as called by AU Cho'gall) is like the victory for the Void-aligned forces. If it comes to pass, it means we've lost. It's apocalyptic enough to destroy even the Shadowlands-aligned deities ("even Death may die"). True nothingness, and some Void Lords dancing around their Corrupted Titan.

Well, in End Time Deathwing committed suicide by impaling himself on Wyrmrest. In the prime timeline, Thrall vaporized him with The Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well, in End Time Deathwing committed suicide by impaling himself on Wyrmrest. In the prime timeline, Thrall vaporized him with The Dragon Soul.
    We don't know how Deathwing died in End Time, it was never shown i don't think. Thrall didn't vaporize Deathwing, he just made a hole in his armor. We then got in his back, loosening the armor up so that it'll fall off then it was just his head and old god modified body we fought in the last part.

The end time was the hour of twilight which meant the old gods won. The old gods are not in any position of winning because they're as alive as the Parrot from that monty python sketch.

We don't know how Deathwing died in End Time, it was never shown i don't think.
    End Time is based on Ysera's vision in Twilight of the Aspects. It's made explicit there that once Deathwing had accomplished what the Old Gods needed him for, they commanded him to impale himself on Wyrmrest Temple.

Thrall didn't vaporize Deathwing, he just made a hole in his armor. We then got in his back, loosening the armor up so that it'll fall off then it was just his head and old god modified body we fought in the last part.
    And after fighting that last part the Aspects poured their essence into the Dragon Soul and Thrall used it to vaporize Deathwing.

What if we're in it? A lot of those things that were shown to us in that Cataclysm 5 man where we fight Murozond the infinite have come to pass, just wondering if that means something for the future that none of the player base has thought of.
    what things have come to pass according to you??

Going on what we know now with him being able to resist the old god's whispers i'm not so sure. I mean it could be but i'm not willing to go down the rabbit hole that far to justify it, sorry.
    Well he isn't resistible to them. We know everyone has varying levels to where they'll eventually succumb. During the cloak line Wrathion even mentions how hard it was for him to resist and that he could succumb. So it could have easily been him or any member of the black dragonflight.

Here's the quote from the scenario:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I underestimated the sway the Old Gods still hold over the black dragonflight. There was little I could do to resist their power.
    Heck even us, the main character, can easily succumb to it and without the cloak we would have been in the same boat. Though we all know technically you can lose sanity and succumb, but from the story point the cloak saves us from that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well he isn't resistible to them. We know everyone has varying levels to where they'll eventually succumb. During the cloak line Wrathion even mentions how hard it was for him to resist and that he could succumb. So it could have easily been him or any member of the black dragonflight.

Here's the quote from the scenario:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I underestimated the sway the Old Gods still hold over the black dragonflight. There was little I could do to resist their power.
    Heck even us, the main character, can easily succumb to it and without the cloak we would have been in the same boat. Though we all know technically you can lose sanity and succumb, but from the story point the cloak saves us from that happening.
    we know is deathwing, stop this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    we know is deathwing, stop this nonsense.
    I wasn't saying it wasn't Deathwing. I was saying the possibility could be there as the OP dismissed it because Wrathion is resistable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The True End Time might have been Ny'alotha taking over the world. In which case that's taken care of, I suppose.

Though it also might refer to the possibility of Azeroth falling to the Void and rising as a Void Titan to eff up the universe forever.

We don't know how Deathwing died in End Time, it was never shown i don't think. Thrall didn't vaporize Deathwing, he just made a hole in his armor. We then got in his back, loosening the armor up so that it'll fall off then it was just his head and old god modified body we fought in the last part.
    So you think he was just flying in a heavy fog and got impaled on Wyrmrest then?

I mean it's literally the loading screen for the dungeon. Heck, I think it's even visible in the skybox.

There's also that the Jaina is the one that lost Theramore - and possibly tidal-waved Orgrimmar. Baine it doesn't do much of anything other than showing him desperate to try and hold the line - no idea why he's in the Shrine of the Black Dragonflight other than it was a good environment. Tyrande you might have a point with, except that Elune didn't abandon her and she has now taken on the aspect of the Night Warrior fighting with a sword instead of a bow and encompassing Elune's aspect of a shrouded moon.

I get what you're going at but any foreshadowing from any expansion older than two isn't really applicable to current expansions.

Best example of this is MoP. Where we see the full fall of Garrosh. He was a minor character in BC, then built up in Cataclysm to be the warchief - where everyone missed subtle things like him killing the Stonetalon general not because of the reasons stated but because he tipped everyone's hand about the mana-bomb - then we get MoP which starts with a prepatch of him nuking Theramore then going into a hot war to control Pandaria before finally being overthrown.

We are seeing the same thing now with Sylvannas.

She played a fairly minor but important character in Cataclysm and wasn't even seen in MoP or WoD. Then we get Legion where she "saves" the horde - though in reality she calls a retreat to keep the fight going and the death toll rising to feed The Maw. Now in BfA we've seen her get overthrown and we know that she's a major villain in Shadowlands.

They do a two expansion buildup, tipping their hand toward the end of the 2nd expansion.

So by the end of Shadowlands I'd expect us to start seeing a lot of an important but tertiary character. Most likely Alliance this time - quite possibly Tyrande - and for them to do something partisan.