Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is pala or mage better to farm gold through dungeons?

Normally I would choose pala because he is a tank and farming gold as a tank is very straightforward, you res some orbs/ greens and there you go. On the other hand, a mage can farm lower level dungeons and make some monumental pulls. I prefer the pala because I don't have to loot much but what I hate about him is that he lacks the ability to pull from a decent range, I can't describe how much I hate that part about him.

Anyway, what do you think?

If your looking at pure gold per an hour, Mage is the best hands down when it comes to that. Paladins have some alright solo AoE farming (Mainly Lasher runs in Dire Maul) and can do power leveling through dungeons up to SM (Once you start getting to mobs that have the ability to heal, you start to lose the battle of attrition on bigger pulls).

At max level, Paladin tanks are kind of hit and miss. Most groups kind prefer a warrior or a druid due to boss mechanics in a few dungeons have a threat drop mechanic that you cant taunt back for.

Mage is vastly better

Paladins are only known as teh lowbie dungeon farmers because it's not profitable for a mage to do it relative to other higher gold per hour options.

A mage doing ZF GY runs by himself will make as much or more gold than anything a paladin could do. Add on XP carries and you're getting the best gold in the game.

I do stocks runs as a paladin. Make good gold, but not as gud as mages in ZF or hunters solo farming diremaul trib

Can also solo DME runs as a holy paladin...But not as well as a mage
    Last edited by Mukind; 2020-02-09 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Normally I would choose pala because he is a tank and farming gold as a tank is very straightforward, you res some orbs/ greens and there you go. On the other hand, a mage can farm lower level dungeons and make some monumental pulls. I prefer the pala because I don't have to loot much but what I hate about him is that he lacks the ability to pull from a decent range, I can't describe how much I hate that part about him.

A well-geared mage pumps out so much damage, and has so much crowd/battlefield control, that you're easily going to pound out more gold per hour AoE farming dungeons as a mage versus a paladin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Prot paladin currently are the best. A prot paladin can solo DM east...im not talkkng just trash. Im talking soloing the bosses. No mage can do that. Plus if you got mining (which you should) you get all that sexy nodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Prot paladins solo dm east. Bosses and all. Ive seen it done. Ive done it. It is vastly superior ti any mage farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Mage is vastly better

Paladins are only known as teh lowbie dungeon farmers because it's not profitable for a mage to do it relative to other higher gold per hour options.

A mage doing ZF GY runs by himself will make as much or more gold than anything a paladin could do. Add on XP carries and you're getting the best gold in the game.

I do stocks runs as a paladin. Make good gold, but not as gud as mages in ZF or hunters solo farming diremaul trib

Can also solo DME runs as a holy paladin...But not as well as a mage
    As a mage you cant solo the bosses. Prot paladins can.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    A well-geared mage pumps out so much damage, and has so much crowd/battlefield control, that you're easily going to pound out more gold per hour AoE farming dungeons as a mage versus a paladin.
    Gear has almost nothing to do with AoE farming ability of mages because the spell power coefficient of AoE spells is like 10%.

If you're not going to get good gear, then a mage wearing of the Eagle stuff is probably a better bet. If you watch the videos you can start soloing ZF at around 42 and this is great XP and profit.

As a paladin you're going to need to farm specific reflect damage items, like the shield from Strat, the ring from BRD and probably some others.

The mage will be more skill dependent and riskier and the paladin safer but slower imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mage because you make your own water and your main nukes apply a snare automatically, so all your GCDs are pure damage.

Like you wouldn't even need to do lasher runs or w/e, you could just fly out to Grim Batol and kill the elites all day or kill stuff in Silithus right next to black lotus nodes all day. Zero downtime, zero need to ever move other than to empty to your bags. Not to mention all the emergency buttons you have in case things go wrong.

I elite farm as elemental and it's basically a ghetto mage. I just get a free hearth, reincarn and im fairly tanky, that's about it. I prefer farming like this because it's the most brainless, you just have to be fairly skilled at kiting and have an intermediate knowledge of the mobs you're farming. Some of them have insane abilities that can hit you for literally half your HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Prot paladin currently are the best. A prot paladin can solo DM east...im not talkkng just trash. Im talking soloing the bosses. No mage can do that. Plus if you got mining (which you should) you get all that sexy nodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Prot paladins solo dm east. Bosses and all. Ive seen it done. Ive done it. It is vastly superior ti any mage farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Mages solo the DM:E bosses just fine.

A mage almost everysingle day. The only thing that a paladin can come close is MAYBE full t1 for that heal proc but with skullflame shield, spikes, consecration, thorns aura etc but you still have to juggle seals non stop. A mage can pull aoe and maybe drink and that's it + much more mobility, TPs, it's a no brainer.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If you're good u can solo those bosses taking no dmg....

It's much faster

Just use the same strat palas do, on the last boss u just keep him so far away he never dots u when in satyr form.

I can do that as a pala but i like to hit em to speed it up so i take some dmg sometimes or have to cleanse the dot. Even eat a sac on zevrin messing with the LoS

Both of which mage can deal with. Iceblock/bandages > paladin for DME solo runs if you're competent

Meh. Paladin is still better in every single way.

You must be very bad at mage to believe that

Paladin GPHr caps out at about 70 or 80 no matter how clever u get.

Mages can push well into 100 with XP carries.

Go away pleb you have no idea what you're talking about

Solid and convincing counter-arguments.

To me it is. Im a paladin supporter. I dont like mages to much.

Except not at all or anywhere close.

To me it is. Im a paladin supporter. I dont like mages to much.
    the question si about gold farming specifically in dungeons.

Shut up idiot

No one cares which class you like more.

The only paladin niches only exist because it's not enough gold to satisfy a competent mage.

And paladins can solo more and grab more.

Dont try to look like you're in anyway smart.

I know what mages can grab and do...and i know for a fact that as a paladin i can grab x2-4 more mobs than any mages and kill them all in the same time said mage can. With nearly full hp.

Ive had races with a friends on their mages to see who can clear dme faster. And every single time i beat them and nearly cleared it a second time before they did one.

So don't try to come on and call anyone an idiot when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Except in

Surviviblity
    Utility
    Healing
    Gold farming

Only thing a mage wins in is dps. Which is pretty unimportant when i can gran 10 to 20 mobs and never die with using no cds. Mages need to kite or iceblock. As a paladin i can literally stand still and end any fight with full hp and nearly full mana with proper seal usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    And paladins can solo more and grab more.

Dont try to look like you're in anyway smart.

I know what mages can grab and do...and i know for a fact that as a paladin i can grab x2-4 more mobs than any mages and kill them all in the same time said mage can. With nearly full hp.

Ive had races with a friends on their mages to see who can clear dme faster. And every single time i beat them and nearly cleared it a second time before they did one.

So don't try to come on and call anyone an idiot when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Except in

Surviviblity
    Utility
    Healing
    Gold farming

Only thing a mage wins in is dps. Which is pretty unimportant when i can gran 10 to 20 mobs and never die with using no cds. Mages need to kite or iceblock. As a paladin i can literally stand still and end any fight with full hp and nearly full mana with proper seal usage.
    What a hill to choose to die on.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Oh my god. You just reminded me of farming for my Paladin mount back then. 1 1/2 months of grinding mobs and vendoring their trash.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.