Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Love is in the Air 2020, Shadows Rising - Shadowlands Prequel Novel

Love is in the Air 2020
    Love is in the Air returns from February 8th to the 21st.

World of Warcraft Shadows Rising - Shadowlands Prequel Novel
    An all-new official prequel novel to Shadowlands will release on July 14th, 2020! Below is the official book description. To read an excerpt from the novel, visit Blizzard Watch's official preview page! You can preorder the book on Amazon by clicking the banner below!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    “The Horde is nothing!” With those infamous words, Sylvanas Windrunner betrayed and abandoned the Horde she vowed to serve. The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance, including her own sister, Alleria, race to uncover her next move. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas’s whereabouts.

The Horde now stands at a crossroads. The various factions form a council, leaving the mantle of warchief to rest. Thrall, Lor’themar Theron, Baine Bloodhoof, First Arcanist Thalyssra, and many other familiar faces rise to this new challenge. But the threats are numerous, and the distrust runs too deep.

When the council is derailed by a failed assassination attempt on Talanji—the Zandalari queen and a key ally—Thrall and the rest of the Horde leaders are forced into action. They empower the young troll shaman Zekhan, still grieving the loss of Varok Saurfang, with a critical mission to aid Talanji and help uncover the rising threat against her.

Meanwhile, Nathanos Blightcaller and Sira Moonwarden have been tasked by the Dark Lady with a terrifying gambit: to kill the troll loa of death himself, Bwonsamdi.

As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi, their journey will be a key turning point in bolstering the Horde against the coming darkness and finding themselves along the way. Failure to save their allies and the trickster god will surely doom them—but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong."
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-02-10 at 03:34 AM.

That's nice and all, but when will they announce and enable pre-orders of the physical CE? T.T

Love Rocket mount after a decade of nothing, I can feel it dropping...!

Who am I kidding, got a better chance of winning the lotto...

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That's nice and all, but when will they announce and enable pre-orders of the physical CE? T.T
    Whats the rush? Do you think it'll arrive sooner if you preorder today?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

try spending 6 years with 8 max lvl chars everyday to get ravenlord -_-

Am I the only one who really dislikes the fact that memeing "zappy boi" has turned Zekhan in to a pivotal character, rather than the background grunt he was always intended to be?
    Last edited by peepeepoopants; 2020-02-09 at 05:41 PM.

Nice story. Of course left for a book.

For us who play it’s better to continue killing -enter number- + -enter creature- and recover -enter part of the creature- forever and ever.

they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong
    How many freaking times do we need to discover that???? holy crap, same thing everytime ever since MOP. We are the Horde!! What binds us is to conquer as much as we can or die trying!! Leave the kumbaja bullshit to the alliance!!

The books are the best part of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How do you know what the original intentions were?
    If I recall correctly, the lore panel at 2018 Blizzcon was asked about zappy boi and they basically said he was never meant to be anything more than a one off, but because of the meme they made him an actual character.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Love Rocket is 1 in 3333, lotto is 1 in like 45 million... which tells something about idiots who play lotto.

I would like to join them on their quest to kill Bwonsamdi. Where do I sign up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If I recall correctly, the lore panel at 2018 Blizzcon was asked about zappy boi and they basically said he was never meant to be anything more than a one off, but because of the meme they made him an actual character.
    That's like the opposite of what they said.

They said when the BFA cinematic was released and people started meme'ing Zappyboi they were excited because they had already made the Saurfang cinematics (and ingame quest lines including Zehkan) so they knew he'd be featured more.

Him being featured more now might be because of the memes tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof. Another 80% Horde book. Like, I main Horde, but they could easily make Alliance interesting if they chose to write for them, but its almost always Horde gets the main story and Alliance either gets to tag along or have to stop them. Can't keep selling Horde as the underdog faction anymore when they genocide some elves, and get the alliance to stop their assault on their capital (again) for ...reasons? Can Alliance get a council too? Anduin lets Horde stomp on Alliance just because a few orcs talk about breaking the "cycle of hatred" unironically.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    How many freaking times do we need to discover that???? holy crap, same thing everytime ever since MOP. We are the Horde!! What binds us is to conquer as much as we can or die trying!! Leave the kumbaja bullshit to the alliance!!
    Nope. If that was the spirit of the Horde, and the Horde would have had the actual courage to state this openly, then the alliance would have dismantled it at the end of MoP. Because, you know, you *would* die trying.

(And I'm completely omitting the fact that one of the Horde's founding races, the Tauren, are a pretty peaceful folk unless threatened. Blood elves and Pandaren don't care for conquest either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Nope. If that was the spirit of the Horde, and the Horde would have had the actual courage to state this openly, then the alliance would have dismantled it at the end of MoP. Because, you know, you *would* die trying.

(And I'm completely omitting the fact that one of the Horde's founding races, the Tauren, are a pretty peaceful folk unless threatened. Blood elves and Pandaren don't care for conquest either.)
    i'm more concerned about the idea that the "blood elves" are a dying race compared to when they were high elves. If you look at their loses from Burning Crusade (when they halved themselves) with all the wars up to now.

i'm amazed there's any left

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peepeepoopants View Post
    Am I the only one who really dislikes the fact that memeing "zappy boi" has turned Zekhan in to a pivotal character, rather than the background grunt he was always intended to be?
    Seeing as they have a habit of killing their famous characters they'll take whatever have recognition value/what bones fans throw them.

OT: May have to read this one, with 8.3.5 missing and whatnot, just to fill in the holes in the lore in prep for SL.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Oof. Another 80% Horde book. Like, I main Horde, but they could easily make Alliance interesting if they chose to write for them, but its almost always Horde gets the main story and Alliance either gets to tag along or have to stop them. Can't keep selling Horde as the underdog faction anymore when they genocide some elves, and get the alliance to stop their assault on their capital (again) for ...reasons? Can Alliance get a council too? Anduin lets Horde stomp on Alliance just because a few orcs talk about breaking the "cycle of hatred" unironically.
    Why did you decide it is 80% Horde book? Just because the except is from Horde viewpoint?

You can tell she is a Blizzard quality writer, successor to Golden standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post

You can tell she is a Blizzard quality writer, successor to Golden standard.
    TIL You qualify as a writer by your looks