Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im thinking an hour tops

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.

What do you think will top Classic guilds gather to play in same place and have retail like event etc like we had in Ny'alotha and Molten Core race?
    We had Method hosting world first MC race but I haven't heard anything about them hosting BWL race.
    4-5 days? More like 4-5 hours
    /thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Hahahaha you're joking right? APES will have it cleared within 90 minutes of its launch. BWL isn't a difficult raid by any means.

The world first MC race involved the entire guild leveling 1-60 too which took enough time to warrant setting up the event.
    I am sure there will be a dozen of NA guilds who will have it cleared before some guild like APES (who aren't even close to being the best classic guild anyways) can even attempt it.

Its a global launch so the US dont get earlier access than EU. I dont think apes will be first though.

10+ Year Old Account
    shouldn't be more than a few hours from the PS gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

In Naxx gear and full buffs you can clear it in around 20mins (WR obv) with 5-6 mins of that being razorgore.
    current gear now is about 35-40% of the total power of naxx gear, so I'm willing to bet with the buffs and gear available now we're looking at a less than 2 hour full clear of naxx as soon as it's available. I'll be very surpriced if it takes any longer than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like few hours after went live on servers :P

It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    There are NOT gonna be BWL buffs, wtf

Gonna be over really quick if blizzard doesnt release it completely bugged (could happen with current blizzard KEKW).

15+ Year Old Account
    World record is something like 21min, expect it to take like 30-40mins tops to be cleared on releasenight, a bit slower with batching and all, even if it's buffed it still would be within the hour.

Classic isn't about who kills things first, although in Naxx you could see a 'mini race' to KT because the instance is longer in general, like 3hours, so more leeway to have a race. It's mostly about speedclears after release, obviously.

Why is this thread called "progression" the guild who gets world first on classic isn't progressing, this is a farm rekill for them.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    World record is something like 21min, expect it to take like 30-40mins tops to be cleared on releasenight, a bit slower with batching and all, even if it's buffed it still would be within the hour.

Classic isn't about who kills things first, although in Naxx you could see a 'mini race' to KT because the instance is longer in general, like 3hours, so more leeway to have a race. It's mostly about speedclears after release, obviously.
    quick google shows the "world record" as 20m23s, but obviously private server. Considering most private servers were buffed compared to vanilla and classic, who knows how this will play out. Within 1 hour seems reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Why is this thread called "progression" the guild who gets world first on classic isn't progressing, this is a farm rekill for them.
    Because the OP is just trying to bait / troll. However, they have given up completely as the conversation moved past their petty attempts very quickly and is now an honest discussion about just how fast it might be killed the first time on classic.

Well, which boss exactly will need progression that goes beyond the main tank remembering to actually drink his flask of the titans?

It will be cleared by the guild first inside, IE the guild who paid the opposing faction to not camp blackrock mountain lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    It will be that simple. A private server guild will win again because they had a ton of practice.
    Buffing the numbers doesn't do shit when the mechanics are the same. Was tried on private servers with the same results. Guilds stomping the raids.
    The only challenge in vanilla is trying to do speedrun records.

I'll be pretty disappointed if my very average guild doesn't clear it in a night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when MC was supposed to take months, and 3 days after the game launched guilds were clearing it?

Well, considering it took my guild about 3 weeks (3 raids per week á 4hrs) to get Razorgore down back in Vanilla, I'd say... hmm.. about 2.5 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Remember when MC was supposed to take months, and 3 days after the game launched guilds were clearing it?
    Some of the "confusion" comes from the public "time to kill" graphs. They are very deceptive - generally, if the raid was available at launch, but everyone had to level and gear and get atunements etc before starting, that obviously massively inflates the time to kill. This is especially obvious when compared to retail, which uses the system being employed by classic now.

And obviously there is a second group intentionally misinterpreting data to push an agenda, being that "classic is hard" or "i like to troll".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Well, considering it took my guild about 3 weeks (3 raids per week á 4hrs) to get Razorgore down back in Vanilla, I'd say... hmm.. about 2.5 hours!
    Honestly, i think it will be minutes, not hours. 30-45 minutes seems reasonable, assuming there are no boss breaking bugs. The "world record" for a "harder" version of the same raid is 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    I'll be pretty disappointed if my very average guild doesn't clear it in a night.
    I think any "raid guild" should be clearing it in the first reset - even the ones who never played vanilla and never touched a private server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Well, which boss exactly will need progression that goes beyond the main tank remembering to actually drink his flask of the titans?

It will be cleared by the guild first inside, IE the guild who paid the opposing faction to not camp blackrock mountain lmao.
    I asked this exact question earlier and it ended the OP's little baiting / trolling attempts. Anyone thinking it will take more than a few hours at the absolute extreme end needs to justify why - because we have endless evidence that a slightly buffed version of the same raid takes the speed runners 20-25m to fully clear. So to anyone thinking it will take "days", i ask the same question - which boss will require progression / multiple attempts, and which mechanic do you see causing the wipes.

wut lol 4 days

Try 40 minutes

I vote 5 days.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

1h 20min after release. You gotta count in the time it takes to get into the instance with all the lag!