Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Who's gonna protest, and what?
    ...??? That the Reublicans ignored and dismissed the rule of law to playcate an impeached president? Hello??? o_O

Dude, there were protests when the Keebler Elf, Jeff Sessions, was fired by Dump because people thought there was a saturday-night massacre about to happen. I know cus I was at one of them. (one of the best signs I read there was "You know things are bad when you're protesting FOR Jeff Sessions!" :P). The Republlicans literally allowing a frigging criminal to go unpunished is what protests were designed for! =/

You think protests are only about getting your local representatives to do something? Not sending a message of solidarity behind an idea? really? really!? o_O

That whole Martin Luther King march was just about convincing a couple senators? Not sending a message to the nation/world about an idea? Really? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Why would anyone who is a member of the democratic party tell their delegates to vote for someone who isn't a member of the democratic party?
    Because they have an IQ above 50?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...??? That the Reublicans ignored and dismissed the rule of law to playcate an impeached president? Hello??? o_O

Dude, there were protests when the Keebler Elf, Jeff Sessions, was fired by Dump because people thought there was a saturday-night massacre about to happen. I know cus I was at one of them. (one of the best signs I read there was "You know things are bad when you're protesting FOR Jeff Sessions!" :P). The Republlicans literally allowing a frigging criminal to go unpunished is what protests were designed for! =/

You think protests are only about getting your local representatives to do something? Not sending a message of solidarity behind an idea? really? really!? o_O

That whole Martin Luther King march was just about convincing a couple senators? Not sending a message to the nation/world about an idea? Really? o_O
    If the Senate isn't going to convict, they're not going to change their minds because some people chant slogans and wave signs, not unless it threatens their chance at re-election in their home districts.

The Civil Rights push used shaming tactics to gain a lot of ground. Current Republicans have no shame. As demonstrated by how things played out in the impeachment. It's so egregious that I think everyone realizes that protests would just be pissing into the wind. They're laying their hopes on the 2020 election, and the courts thereafter, which hopefully aren't nearly as unethical.

Nothing cubby has said is "frothing at the mouth".
    Looking back, I can see I was mostly wrong about @cubby's posting... I think I was cross-conflating what Elequawhatever's shitposting at me and others at me with what Cubby wrote... and then this line...

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Awwwwwww, look at you, becoming everything you loathe, and not the wits to realize it.
    ...Probably tricked me off to conflating it as that qualifies as a "Frothing at the mouth" insult post in my book. >_<

But, again, that was seemingly a very rare one from Cubby. My bad >_<

- - - Updated - - -

If the Senate isn't going to convict, they're not going to change their minds because some people chant slogans and wave signs, not unless it threatens their chance at re-election in their home districts.

The Civil Rights push used shaming tactics to gain a lot of ground. Current Republicans have no shame.
    As demonstrated by how things played out in the impeachment. It's so egregious that I think everyone realizes that protests would just be pissing into the wind. They're laying their hopes on the 2020 election, and the courts thereafter, which hopefully aren't nearly as unethical.
    OK, I think we're actually agreeing here - and not realizing it. That line right there was basically the gist of what I was saying. :P

That was kinda my point, people realized that there's no point in protesting and voting is now the other option.

Most people tend to protest, even if it would fall upon deaf ears. It's kinda like this one very good but VERY vocal co-worker who always bitched about everything my old office, and then one day I said to somebody
    "Dude, I think he's quitting this time!",
    The other co-worker said "C'mon, he's always threatening to quit! What makes you think this time is for real?"
    "He didn't yell about it"
    /both stared worryingly at eachother.
    A week later, he actually quit. :P

Why would anyone who is a member of the democratic party tell their delegates to vote for someone who isn't a member of the democratic party?
    Because in that scenario, that person got the most votes? I think he's right, but I'll broaden it: if a(ny) candidate wins a clear plurality of the vote/delegates (but not a majority), and a contested convention results in one of the other candidates, it will be a disaster. The party would be really wise to make sure that the leading vote getter gets the nod in 2020, and that moving forward there are ranked-choice elections so people's preferences are more clear.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Bitching about the “MSM”.... really? That’s what the common Trumphadi does in its natural habitat (Fox News).

Sweet Christmas. Be better than that. Bernie not being exactly a winner isn’t the “lame stream media’s” fault. It’s because he hit a support ceiling about 8 months ago and can’t break through it...
    Look at his posting history. He's just doing drive-by shitposting - and you're taking the bait. >_<

Which is half the argument I'm trying to make here is that the other half seem to be taking the bait. =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Look at his posting history. He's just doing drive-by shitposting - and you're taking the bait. >_<

Which is half the argument I'm trying to make here is that the other half seem to be taking the bait. =/
    Honestly I’m just killing time. I’ve been in the neonatal icu the last few days posting from my phone.. It’s why I can’t do link-heavy retorts. My newborn nephew had a rough first few days. He’ll be okay though. Just needed a little help getting started.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because in that scenario, that person got the most votes? I think he's right, but I'll broaden it: if a(ny) candidate wins a clear plurality of the vote/delegates (but not a majority), and a contested convention results in one of the other candidates, it will be a disaster. The party would be really wise to make sure that the leading vote getter gets the nod in 2020, and that moving forward there are ranked-choice elections so people's preferences are more clear.
    Except, he didn't get a majority. And by that argument the current Swedish government ought to resign. Call for new elections. And if the Sweden Democrats get a 25% plurality of the votes as the largest party they should form a government alone without any other support.

Instead of looking at the candidates who got delegates. What they supported. And if other candidates hold views closer to them than Sanders does. Bloombergs views are far closer to Biden than Sanders. So why should he ask his deligates (if he'd have gotten any in this speculation) to vote for Sanders and not Biden. If Biden can still get a majority?

Edit: Congratulations @Skroe I hope everything is well with everything involved aside from mentioned issue.
    - Lars

We've literally had people say they wouldn't vote if Bernie doesn't get the nomination, on these forums, in the past couple months. It's not imaginary, no matter how much you don't like it.
    Of course there is! I'm not denying that or saying otherwise - just as there are other people out there who say they won't vote for Bernie if he wins! One of them I know personally and I'm trying to convince her otherwise... ironically she's doing this because she accuses Bernie of stopping Hillary from winning in 2016! >_<

This thread doesn't represent the whole of America, you know! ;P

My point was I don't think EVERYONE is that gullible. Of course there's going to be the one or three doinks out there why buy the trolls and the russian shit, and there's the 14-year-olds-now-18-who-can-vote-for-the-first-time who don't know any better. And there's also a select few who are just edgelords who just don't give a shit...

But my point is I don't think the majority will be that way come next time.

Except, he didn't get a majority. And by that argument the current Swedish government ought to resign. Call for new elections. And if the Sweden Democrats get a 25% plurality of the votes as the largest party they should form a government alone without any other support.

Instead of looking at the candidates who got delegates. What they supported. And if other candidates hold views closer to them than Sanders does. Bloombergs views are far closer to Biden than Sanders. So why should he ask his deligates (if he'd have gotten any in this speculation) to vote for Sanders and not Biden. If Biden can still get a majority?
    I understand how coalition governments work, but the Democratic Party doesn't really have the formal mechanisms for what you're talking about. If we had ranked-choice voting, it would be a non-issue- we could arrive at a consensus nominee through the voting process. If the candidates were leaders of 'sub-parties' or something, they could form a 'coalition nominee' but without the formal processes, a nominee determined by wheeling and dealing on the floor of the convention that wasn't the vote/delegate leader- even if there is a good argument for the broad appeal of said nominee- would in all likelihood face a legitimacy crisis.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Any scenario where Sanders gets more delegates than the rest, but they rig something to give another candidate the lead will end in complete destruction of the dem party for this cycle. All of those millions of people supporting Sanders? You can fucking forget them voting at all. It would mean a Trump second term.

I don't have much confidence in the dem establishment, but I have to believe they aren't so stupid as to do this. If Sanders is the leader then they need to do exactly what they've been telling Sanders supporters to do since 2016: suck it up and support the nominee. If you don't like some of Sanders policies then work with his people and within the party to make the changes you feel are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Any scenario where Sanders gets more delegates than the rest, but they rig something to give another candidate the lead will end in complete destruction of the dem party for this cycle. All of those millions of people supporting Sanders? You can fucking forget them voting at all. It would mean a Trump second term.

I don't have much confidence in the dem establishment, but I have to believe they aren't so stupid as to do this. If Sanders is the leader then they need to do exactly what they've been telling Sanders supporters to do since 2016: suck it up and support the nominee. If you don't like some of Sanders policies then work with his people and within the party to make the changes you feel are necessary.
    They can stay home. That’s fine. *sips tea*

I’m just going to put this out there. If the BernieBros are so intent on taking hostages, the only rational response is to shoot them through the hostage, and then get the hostage medical attention while the BernieBros bleed out.

In other words, us actual anti-Trump under any circumstance voter don’t need the common BerniBro and the hostage taking strategy of yours is doomed to failure. Go ahead. Don’t show up. Just realize the rebound is the DNC if they win or lose slamming them door in your collective faces so there is no repeat.

And one more thing, unless BernieBros mass
    Relocate to Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Michigan - not exactly where you folks live - your threat is hollow. Blue stares will go blue with our without you.

You have no power. Democrats should build a strategy based around Sanders supporters stay home. They should not be trusted. They cannot be counted upon. They are definitely not on the same team as people like the majority of us who want Trump gone first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I hope everything goes well with him.
    He’s fine. He was a month premature. The hospital he was born at was cavelier about that and let him go early. Bilirubin built up as is common in premises because their liver is just starting up. He needed a couple of days under special lights for phototherapy. But he’s pretty much good to go now.

They can stay home. That’s fine. *sips tea*

I’m just going to put this out there. If the BernieBros are so intent on taking hostages, the only rational response is to shoot them through the hostage, and then get the hostage medical attention while the BernieBros bleed out.

In other words, us actual anti-Trump under any circumstance voter don’t need the common BerniBro and the hostage taking strategy of yours is doomed to failure. Go ahead. Don’t show up. Just realize the rebound is the DNC if they win or lose slamming them door in your collective faces so there is no repeat.

And one more thing, unless BernieBros mass
    Relocate to Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Michigan - not exactly where you folks live - your threat is hollow. Blue stares will go blue with our without you.

You have no power. Democrats should build a strategy based around Sanders supporters stay home. They should not be trusted. They cannot be counted upon. They are definitely not on the same team as people like the majority of us who want Trump gone first and foremost.
    In the scenario @Blur4stuff laid out, the worry wouldn't be 'BernieBros' staying home, it would be loaded gun it hands the Republicans. Trump hasn't expanded his base of support. He wins by convincing potential Democrats to stay home, and that scenario where a(ny) candidate that has a clear plurality and doesn't get the nomination would give the GOtrumP tons of ammunition to aim at swing voters and potential Democratic voters.
    -Louis Brandeis

In the scenario @Blur4stuff laid out, the worry wouldn't be 'BernieBros' staying home, it would be loaded gun it hands the Republicans. Trump hasn't expanded his base of support. He wins by convincing potential Democrats to stay home, and that scenario where a(ny) candidate that has a clear plurality and doesn't get the nomination would give the GOtrumP tons of ammunition to aim at swing voters and potential Democratic voters.
    This is a former republican who uses suppression tactics to get their person to win, thinking it'll work with democrats, when it clearly doesn't. can't change old habits, to the detriment of us all.

if that happens, yea it would be bad. but bernie supporters keep hyping that up so they can use it as an excuse when/if bernie doesn't get the nomination.
    for example the refusal to accept that bernie lost legitimately in 2016.

It’s a risk I’m willing to take. And once again Bernie supporters don’t live in large numbers in the places democrats need to win. They live in large numbers in places democrats always win. So it’s a hollow damn threat.

So I’ll repeat myself: any Bernie Sanders supporter threatening to stay home should just do it. Fuck ‘em!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This is a former republican who uses suppression tactics to get their person to win, thinking it'll work with democrats, when it clearly doesn't. can't change old habits, to the detriment of us all.
    What the hell even is this.

I don’t particularly have a guy in the primary. I think Biden has the best shot but I’d vote for a avacado with a D carved into it.

Go ahead. Vote Bernie. If he wins I’ll vote for him and fund him. If he loses I’ll be happy, but will support anyone.

But you Bernie people? If you stay home Election Day In Novemeber hope you have a fucking blast because no Non-Sanders supporter should trust you zealots to turn out. And nor should they bend to entice you. You don’t live the right places.

It’s a risk I’m willing to take. And once again Bernie supporters don’t live in large numbers in the places democrats need to win. They live in large numbers in places democrats always win. So it’s a hollow damn threat.

So I’ll repeat myself: any Bernie Sanders supporter threatening to stay home should just do it. Fuck ‘em!
    I'm not even talking about Sanders supporters; I'm talking about any potential Democratic voter that could be suppressed if the Democrats hand the GoP that kind of narrative.
    -Louis Brandeis

I'm not even talking about Sanders supporters; I'm talking about any potential Democratic voter that could be suppressed if the Democrats hand the GoP that kind of narrative.
    Any democrat who won’t turn out in the fall To vote against trump isn’t a democrat at all. This is a remarkably simple election.

It’s a referendum on Trump, not a policy election. Anyone affected by some fucking narrative just isn’t sharing the same priorities.

The 2018 election is a promising bellwether for Democrats in this regard. Negative Partisanship rules the day. Democrats must make voting against trump and not necessarily for policies an absolute imperative.

This is why Sanders is the worst choice for a nominee. He makes this a choice election for polices. That’s a fatal error this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It is becoming increasingly clear to me that we need 4 more years of Trump, a lifetime of Reich wing SCOTUS and a couple of extra nails in the coffin of America before we finally put the Neocon delusions irredeemably to rest.

Otherwise your ilk JUST WON'T FUCKING GET IT. You are and have been consistently WRONG ON EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING.
    Anyone that would prefer another 4 years of Agolf Twitler over a candidate such as Biden is just as nuts as those in the Trump cult.

Taking the gamble on whether Bernie Sanders is electable to voters in the presidential primary in swing states would be acceptable, in circumstances where we could all afford it if he turns out not to be, but that's not where you are at with Trump being the other option.