Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best thing they invented in a long, long time, no question. However, with how bad average player is, I'm sure Blizzard will nerf them into oblivion, making them absolutely trivial. Hell, they will be more or less trivial in a few weeks when we have maxed cloak and talent tree, even on 5 masks.

Also, funny thing about visions, is how they require a different skillset than m+/raiding. I myself know several decent mythic raiders, who absolutely suck at doing visions, despite usually playing some of the best classes for them. But I guess when you don't have entire raid carrying you, and you can only rely on yourself...it shows you who has brain and who doesn't
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    As a fellow resto shaman I feel your pain, but the system isn't really flawed, the customer exp of your class is a bit harsh

SW Visions and that stupid hotfoot jump mechanic is the absolute worst for mages. There's a couple of spots you can use a backward jump to your advantage, but if you have bad RNG, you could just as easily fling yourself into an add pack in the Dwarven District and end up dead and wasting your time.

Mechanics that move your characters can be done well, and can be a challenge to overcome, but this mechanic is just sadistic.

Based only on my experience, I find the Orgrimmar visions SUPER easy compared to SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Try and fight umbric or shaw with a "GOGOGO AOE" mentality, tell me how that goes. Timed and tactical aren't mutually exclusive - one could argue the fact it is timed makes it tactical, if there was no time constraint they would be so unbelievably easy.

You don't even need to do the *hard* zones to upgrade your cloak yet and people are already whining about stress and difficulty - frankly not everything needs to be spoonfed, and if you're the sort of player who wants that (which is perfectly okay) you don't need to care about upgrading your cloak
    Shaw is dead simple. You could easily take him down with "GOGOGO" AOE" mentality, his only mechanic is don't face the eyeballs. You could essentially do the same with Umbric. Neither of them have any difficult abilities

The only issue with this is that you have to clear the adds before Shaw to unlock the gates so it's not efficient to go collect additional adds to AOE down with him, and there really aren't any adds near Umbric you'd be able to bring with you because you have to clear the portals and the eyeballs are stuck in place

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The area affixes should have been class-specific imo. DHs can do 5mask runs meanwhile casters like Shadow Priests suffer horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    The area affixes should have been class-specific imo. DHs can do 5mask runs meanwhile casters like Shadow Priests suffer horribly.
    I straight up gave up on my Spriest. Switching to Disc made it a way better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    SW Visions and that stupid hotfoot jump mechanic is the absolute worst for mages. There's a couple of spots you can use a backward jump to your advantage, but if you have bad RNG, you could just as easily fling yourself into an add pack in the Dwarven District and end up dead and wasting your time.

Mechanics that move your characters can be done well, and can be a challenge to overcome, but this mechanic is just sadistic.

Based only on my experience, I find the Orgrimmar visions SUPER easy compared to SW.
    I'm seeing so many complaints about this, and I'm sitting here thinking...wut? This is actually the only madness in there which is BENEFICIAL for the player, not detrimental. Fighting the final boss of dwarven district, and using scorched feet to jump out of his bombs at the last second, so you don't even need to kick them. Using it to jump around from bomb to bomb/cage to cage in Trade. Moving away from chains on the second Trade boss. Hell, even just better kiting of trash mobs, on low mobility classes.

The only hard thing about it is that many, many people still don't realize it only makes you jump if you move. If you stand still, it doesn't. But I guess a lot of people like to move around like headless chickens, in which case I guess the madness really CAN be annoying :P

Also, two tips to make people's lives easier - Ghastly Goulash food is absofuckinglutely amazing there. It makes you more or less invincible, even if you pull entire zone. Some kiting required, obviously, but you barely need to worry about your hp.

Also - potions that are spread around the entire zone. A lot of people still seem to believe they are random, but they're not. There's a dead guy in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar (in SW you go straight from where you start, and he's on the right side, near the edge of the map and two mobs / in Org he's on the left from where you start, in a small hut, the one before blacksmith), and the potion next to him is always the one draining your sanity. There are 5 different combinations, which always follow the same rule. Black/Green, Purple/Black, Red/Blue, Green/Red, Blue/Purple. First one is the -sanity, second is the +100 sanity one. Also, the other handy potion, -5% dmg taken, in those combinations is Red/Green/Purple/Blue/Black.

Oh, and the odd crystals which you can gather in visions also grant you mementos and dmg/healing buff when you turn them in to the Ethereal, in SW he's in the left house of the catherral disctrict, on the way to the dwarves, in Org he's on the right, near the Auction House.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2020-02-09 at 10:52 PM.

As Outlaw Rogue, I'm really enjoying it and hoping this is a precursor for Torghast, minus the mass daily grinding you have to do for them, also make it way bigger, expansive, and more rewards.

Also instead of being stupidly easy but timed, make it hard but not timed. I like doing things where I can strategize and see what works instead of just blindly rushing into it. Hoping we can practice or run as many times as we want w/o penalty TBH.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    The only think I don't like about Horrific Visions is that, in the Stormwind vision, I always have a -10% damage debuff against Aleria. Because whenever the 25% damage buff small zone spawns, Aleria either shoots her AE shot, or the bombs, or spawns an eye on me, or does her super-AE damage, never letting me stay longer than a second on the zone, to the point that I just ignore it completely.

Other than that, I have been pretty much enjoying Horrific Visions. A lot, in fact.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Try and fight umbric or shaw with a "GOGOGO AOE" mentality, tell me how that goes.
    It actually went quite well, I ignored his eyeball mechanic entirely and didn't even realize you could avoid it by not facing them until some bad player was having trouble and someone told them about it in discord lmfao.

You can quite easily burn him down without much issue.

In fact almost every damn mechanic in these places is ignorable unless you're crazy under geared or it causes stun or silence. In SW for example I run from chains, ignore basically everything else and can still full clear. Then lets also keep in mind nothing is forcing you to full clear either, they are forgiving as hell.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-09 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome all solo content

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    As a melee, they are not a pushover either because of all the stuff on the ground.
    So yeah, hunters and warlols are the best suited for that
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I welcome all solo content

As a melee, they are not a pushover either because of all the stuff on the ground.
    So yeah, hunters and warlols are the best suited for that
    Outside of Alleria there is nothing punishing for melee at all in them, lol.

Love em personally.
    Only negative thing about them honestly, is that you can't really do em too often.
    Hope they add a easier way to open em later, as I love pushing how fast and far I can go solo.

If Torghast is like this, but without a timelimit as they have mentioned, I seriously think it may be the best new addition in a expansion yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I like them in concept but the timer is kind of annoying. I'm kinda sick of everything being on a time limit.

That being said, they're okay. I think they're interesting and pretty fun to do on a multitude of classes and roles. Note that I don't play healer because I honestly have no idea what kind of masochistic bastard would want to play a healer in modern WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're ok.

However, I'm not a fan of the fact that they work on limited attempts based on how many Vessels we have. Especially as the cloak quests move along and require more and more items, a single fuck up, a mistake, a lapse in attention, can mean your progress is set back an entire lockout.

Also, I'd like to fucking kick whoever thought Hot Feet was a good idea in the balls. Fuck that entire mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stressful and a chore.

I play 7 characters so the latter is on me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Note that I don't play healer because I honestly have no idea what kind of masochistic bastard would want to play a healer in modern WoW.
    That's not very nice for us healers
    MMO player

You miss my point - mindlessly DPSing will cause you to fail, to pretend it's only a spamfest to complete a full clear just isn't honest or accurate

- - - Updated - - -
    Unholy DK disagrees. I'm basically rushing from elite to elite and mowing everything down in an aoe burst rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    They're ok.

However, I'm not a fan of the fact that they work on limited attempts based on how many Vessels we have. Especially as the cloak quests move along and require more and more items, a single fuck up, a mistake, a lapse in attention, can mean your progress is set back an entire lockout.

Also, I'd like to fucking kick whoever thought Hot Feet was a good idea in the balls. Fuck that entire mechanic.
    As the cloak quests move along, so does the cloak. Your sanity drain resistance will be 50% in a few days, and then 65% the week after that. At that point it will be more challenging to fail your runs, than to complete them. At least as far as upgrading your cloak goes, obviously, if you're going for masks you definitely have to plan how many you can handle, since even with higher cloak they still might be challenging for certain classes, at least for a while. With cloak, and tech tree upgrades though, they will soon become more or less trivial, even with masks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Outside of Alleria there is nothing punishing for melee at all in them, lol.
    Punishing no, annoying and penalizing melee, yes.
    MMO player