Wrathion Ny’alotha Cataclysm

During Wrathion’s Cataclysm how do you know where to go? Usually I stay in the center of the room and then whatever side he lands on I run to the opposite side. And 70% of the time that works. But not always. How can you tell which area will be safe?

After he lands, you will see a bunch of small yellow/orange swirlies on the ground. These are what grow into the big fire zones that fill the room. You have to look for the area that doesn't have any of these small swirlies and head there. Sometimes the safe area is very small, sometimes it's the whole side of the room. Just look around on at the floor and you can figure it out after a few pulls

Also, if you have a warlock, have them drop a gateway while your all standing around in the safe spot. Your DPS will thank you

When he disappears, there's still a faint orange orb where you can follow where he's headed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zachysaurus View Post
    After he lands, you will see a bunch of small yellow/orange swirlies on the ground. These are what grow into the big fire zones that fill the room. You have to look for the area that doesn't have any of these small swirlies and head there. Sometimes the safe area is very small, sometimes it's the whole side of the room. Just look around on at the floor and you can figure it out after a few pulls

Also, if you have a warlock, have them drop a gateway while your all standing around in the safe spot. Your DPS will thank you
    And this .

I must be slow. I have run this boss like 5 times today in lfr just to practice the mechanic. And while I have not died there are still times where it looks to me that one section is clear but it turns out to be a different section. Sometimes its really easy to see and other times I just feel like an idiot.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    I must be slow. I have run this boss like 5 times today in lfr just to practice the mechanic. And while I have not died there are still times where it looks to me that one section is clear but it turns out to be a different section. Sometimes its really easy to see and other times I just feel like an idiot.
    there's like a black cloud with a flaming core that floats from where the boss disappears to and will settle at a point in the room just gotta watch it and pick where its going. alternatively if you can't just follow everyone else lol

I will look for that cloud. Thanks for the heads up.

The problem is people seem to think the safe zone will be the farthest area away from him. I've died from thinking this myself. It's actually as others have pointed out in here about watching where the things on the ground land. Being away from where he lands will usually get you in the right general direction but you still have to watch the ground.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Just before he disappears he will face where he is going. So, watch him, when he turns that way start making your way to the other side of the room. It is not directly across but a general area of where the safe zone will be.
    Orange swirls/circles will appear and that’s where the zones grow from. Look for the biggest gap area and that’s where you will be safe. About one out of 10 (ballpark figure) there will be some that look too close to avoid but there will still be a safe zone, although it will be smaller than the normal ones.

Is it just an lfr thing or does normal and heroic sometimes also spawn more than one safe spot?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    Is it just an lfr thing or does normal and heroic sometimes also spawn more than one safe spot?
    Yes. I've noticed there tends to be 2 spots, one larger, more obvious spot, and 1 fairly tiny, easy to miss spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When he disappears, there's still a faint orange orb where you can follow where he's headed.
    Also, he faces in the direction the orb is going to go, just before he disappears and the orb appears.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The safe spot is always in the opposite direction he is headed, then you avoid the small circles on the ground in that area to find the safe spot.

Droprate on Corpse Eater seems pretty yikes. I did 19 of him today, most in raids of 10-20 and didn't see a single one drop.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there's like a black cloud with a flaming core that floats from where the boss disappears to and will settle at a point in the room just gotta watch it and pick where its going. alternatively if you can't just follow everyone else lol
    The point is that with pugs no one knows in LFR what they are doing, so him practicing on LFR might not be the best idea, because there's people running everywhere like chickens lol not in all LFR's but i have went there once and there was this people going everywhere and to the wrong sides (and dying in the process), so whoever was following them, would die too.

Literally the surefire way. He faces the direction he's going to go before he goes there. Just look at him and move.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And this .

Two slices of Pie to the poster about the orange orb. It made my life much better and I haven't died to this mechanic since reading this several weeks ago!