Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    They hardly feel worth the time to do. Theyre not unfun but im just doing them cause i have to for cloak upgrades and sockets.

i hate them, worst thing of the xpac as a main healer. i dont have much time in week days and im kinda forced to pug them, so many fails because pugs sucks for this kind of content. As a melee dps are 100 hundred easier than everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You miss my point - mindlessly DPSing will cause you to fail, to pretend it's only a spamfest to complete a full clear just isn't honest or accurate

- - - Updated - - -

Shockingly not every class is good at the same stuff. Visions are perfect conditions for a DH
    Admittedly there are few conditions that aren't perfect for DHs, considering Havoc has a pretty killer blend of great mobility, absurd sustain, great DPS in ST and AOE both, and decent utility. Melees in general shine in Vision, so long as they aren't poor little Enhancements at least.

Not a fan of timed content, it doesn't feel like the type of content that goes well in a MMORPG. The last thing WoW needs is to look even more like Diablo 3. The visions themselves are okay but its very obvious that some classes are suits way better for solo play than others. I like the idea of visions but they could do a much better job trying to balance the classes a lot better where melee doesn't just dominate the whole thing by themselves. Also it ain't fun to collect the resources needed to enter and then only getting to run a few times. I've also had some serious game freezes (which is on the games end, having it since 8.3) and this costed me a few runs aswell after I pulled a pack. In a patch where the only other thing you can do by yourself is doing dailies, this is definately the better feature.

Stormwind is trash and has easily the two worst madnesses, leaden feet and the fire jumpy BS. Especially mage quarter, that garbage needs a nerf. Org is fine, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Admittedly there are few conditions that aren't perfect for DHs, considering Havoc has a pretty killer blend of great mobility, absurd sustain, great DPS in ST and AOE both, and decent utility. Melees in general shine in Vision, so long as they aren't poor little Enhancements at least.
    My enh shaman who cleared 3 masks (in SW, of all places) would like a word with you
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, yeah, I find them decently fun to do, but as a priest main (and one who mostly only plays Holy) it could definitely be a lot better. Fortunately, I've also been doing them on my Frost DK alt and that's been a lot more fun as he can do big pulls and AOE down without any problems. Generally, on my priest I've been running them with my brother which has allowed me to stay at the current rank with relative ease, but I'm still a little nervous/lazy about trying them on my own, even after the nerf for healers.

Love them both on my priest and my rogue best content in ages.

They're ok for what they achieve. Its certainly better content than stuff like Islands or Warfronts. If Blizz focuses on stuff like this in the future it would be a positive. Only problem of course is that certain classes are much better than others. Shadow priests, worst class for visions, raids and M+ at the moment. Gotta be some kind of record in overall shittiness. Considering we're stuck with this patch for the next 9 months or so, you might as well be telling people to reroll now rather than keep wasting their time -_-

at first i didnt like them but im getting more used to them now. I enjoy them
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    My enh shaman who cleared 3 masks (in SW, of all places) would like a word with you
    I'm not saying they are useless, just that they don't have a DK, DH, Rogue or Warrior tier toolkit.

Def okay'd with org 4-5 chestable solo but stormwind.. what the hell is this?

Splendid content, definitely a big fan. Admittedly i have a bias as a holy paladin since blizzard's balance team is all tripping balls this expac and we destroy everything. But the challenge to 5 mask solo clear is still daunting and figuring out how to overcome it will keep me engaged for awhile, especially with the rest of the alts getting on the cloak grind too.

There's a lot to fix still with balancing this kind of content, but i am glad that they began gathering data and learning here rather than debuting these ideas in shadowlands.

I wish there wasn't a timer. I'd rather them be harder but have no time limit than in their current state with a time limit. Other than that, I like them.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I'm seeing so many complaints about this, and I'm sitting here thinking...wut? This is actually the only madness in there which is BENEFICIAL for the player, not detrimental. Fighting the final boss of dwarven district, and using scorched feet to jump out of his bombs at the last second, so you don't even need to kick them. Using it to jump around from bomb to bomb/cage to cage in Trade. Moving away from chains on the second Trade boss. Hell, even just better kiting of trash mobs, on low mobility classes.
    You drop a fire pool if you don't move too, or at least I do. As a mage, all of my DPS comes from hard casts, which mean I have to stand still and move, stand still and move. This hopping bullshit is a ranged nightmare.

On my rogue it's hardly anything.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Only problem of course is that certain classes are much better than others. Shadow priests, worst class for visions, raids and M+ at the moment. Gotta be some kind of record in overall shittiness. Considering we're stuck with this patch for the next 9 months or so, you might as well be telling people to reroll now rather than keep wasting their time -_-
    Tbh Spriest is overnerfed, but I don't think it's the worst spec for everything. For raids, you still have better chance to get a spot as spriest over non-meta melee (feral, enhance, survival, windwalker, even ret), and for m+ the worst dps spec hands down is affliction. For visions hard to say, solo healer used to be the worst choice before the 40% nerf. I remember there was some guy who complained on the forums how arcane mage is completely worst spec for these (could be just that guy though).

Sad part is we're around the time of the patch when usually Blizzard does some class balancing pass, but they were so preoccupied nerfing OP corruptions they completely forgot to check the state of various classes and specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    As a prot pally with decent gear I can do a full run with one mask, but I still don't get all the praise these visions are getting. It's a tiny bit of content, that's very repetitive and as you said, quite stressful, because of the limited tries.

Thorgast in Shadowlands is supposed to be randomised and I didn't hear about it being limited by resources.

And I don't think they should take too much inspiration from Classic. Classic is so damn easy it's mind-numbing.

Most fun content in a while, and idk why people keep saying its hard for casters, it isnt lol
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Only thing I would change would be the guaranteed chance of being able to run these on a daily basis.

I absolutely love that there is a fail condition attached to these, too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Shockingly not every class is good at the same stuff. Visions are perfect conditions for a DH
    Shockingly, everything is "perfect conditions" for a DH, be it visions, raids or M+.

Also, Visions are core content of this patch, second only to raid. The fact that there are enormous disparities between specs is really annoying. Demon hunters is just the most (eye) glaring example, with absurd aoe combined with crazy self healing *and* good mobility. Other melee are worse, but still leagues above casters, especially mages and priests.

We can safely assume this is the testing ground for Torghast and there are huge imbalances already. Hopefully it won't end up as a "demon hunter can solo everything, casters better look for group."