Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Solo or group horrific visions?

So as I have been leveling my cloak I have been wondering, for all you ret paladins out there do you think we are better solo or in a group for horrific visions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So as I have been leveling my cloak I have been wondering, for all you ret paladins out there do you think we are better solo or in a group for horrific visions?
    You can "spec" for solo or group play in the second row, so if you WANT to go solo, pick that route. If you PREFER to run in groups, pick those traits. Visions are designed to be soloable, so either option works.

Balance druid and me clear the first 2 side paths + Thrall with really no issue.

Go ret and you are fine even at low ilvls

only solo...there're too many noobs around

Holy paladin soloafter the massive nerfs, the poor mobs dont have the hp to survive anything anymore. Cleave the fodder with consecrate, kill casters with judgement shock crucible, kill rares with wings or cyclotronic blast if wings on cd.

For perspective, im 460 ilvl equipped typically with net zero corruption, i run one 35 corruption mindflay and thats it. As of my last clear i have 3 mask full clear with 300 sanity and auto rez still available. Next week i will likely 4 mask with a bit of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I would say, play the way you like the most. Group play might have a small advantage but in the end it doesn't really matter that much.

Personally I do a lot of group content in general. I run a lot of M+ and do Mythic Raiding 9 hours each week. Therefore, I really enjoy having some challenging solo content that I can min-max and progress by myself.

You should definitely not feel forced to do these Horrific Visions in a group if you enjoy solo play more. The difference is not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is there any decent guide to shockadin because I've failed to find any? Things like best Azerite, Essences, talent build, trinkets? I guess Glimmer probably works great for Horrific Vision damage, for talents I assume Crusader's Might, Sanctified Wrath and Divine Purpose (but should I pick Holy Avenger as well or go for Holy Prism?) For Essences I am guessing Crucible, Vision, Strife and maybe Ripple with Crucible instead of Vision as major?
    Talents crusaders might, sanctified wrath, holy avenger. Rest is your call but i like double horse in stormwind and short bubble in org.

Crucible major, c&s visions formless void minors. Traits look for glimmer, judgment damage, and light's decree if possible. Trinkets take cyclotronic blast and the maut trinket if lucky enough to get it. 4 mask and higher is still tricky due to lack of interrupt potential but it can be done. I do my farm clears 3 mask for less stress, usually finish with 1 to 1.5 full bars of sanity left in orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Kalcifur; 2020-02-15 at 01:13 AM.

My 445 Ret Paladin last night cleared 3 wings plus Thrall with a level 8 cloak twice. Now with a level 9 I can probably do a full clear and get my first mask. I get insane burst but once my Font of Power buff runs out kinda hit like a wet noodle. But a lot of that is my fault, like I don't have Vision of Perfection in my main slot which could be a huge increase if it procs regularly.

Either way they aren't very hard to do solo. I haven't done any as a group because I don't want to burn anyone else's vessel.

At this point I can actually say I've failed more minor visions being overconfident than major ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Holy paladin soloafter the massive nerfs, the poor mobs dont have the hp to survive anything anymore. Cleave the fodder with consecrate, kill casters with judgement shock crucible, kill rares with wings or cyclotronic blast if wings on cd.

For perspective, im 460 ilvl equipped typically with net zero corruption, i run one 35 corruption mindflay and thats it. As of my last clear i have 3 mask full clear with 300 sanity and auto rez still available. Next week i will likely 4 mask with a bit of practice.
    Glad to know healers can solo them nowadays, before the -40% nerf there were so many people saying healers have to run in groups or respec dps.

3 mask clear as a healer sounds pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is formless void worth it for solo? I guess I don't get how that works.
    Every time you use crucible of flame (30s cd) you get 600 int / str and 100 haste for 20 sec.

Play what you enjoy, we have most of the year ahead to get everything wanted from the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Every time you use crucible of flame (30s cd) you get 600 int / str and 100 haste for 20 sec.
    Wait. You can proc FV minor off of your own major? The tooltip says when an ally uses an essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Wait. You can proc FV minor off of your own major? The tooltip says when an ally uses an essence.
    Yes, feel free to try it, equip crucible of flame, use it on anything (even yourself as a heal) and see you'll get the buff (it's called "symbiotic presence").

I do mine solo as Retribution. My cloak is rank 11 now by doing a full clear this week to get my last 2 pages for the 8/8 quest to go up to rank 11. It was fairly easy even doing Magister Umbric 's area. I probably could have full cleared it like 2 cloak ranks ago as DPS but I was waiting to get the final research trait to do so.

For a paladin here is a trick to beating Umbric. During the phase where he teleports and shoots out the orbs you have to dodge, use Hand of Freedom the 1st wave then Divine Shield the 2nd wave. By the time of the 3rd wave your Hand of Freedom should be off cooldown and you can easily kill him with Avenging Wrath. It was really easy.

All of the people in my guild doing full clears before rank 10 cloak were doing it as tanks and I am the first one as a DPS spec in my guild to full clear it. It was exciting.

I'm finding it easier to solo them (even on my mage) because they hit harder when there is larger groups, and they still hit one person.

So short of having a tank (slowing down DPS) - a group seems always to be harder than solo.

Having said that - I'm stuck at 4/5 on my mage per run, but I have heaps of vessels so I can afford to take my time until my cloak is higher than 11 to help me do 5/5.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Im 5 mask cleared stormwind on hpal now. Kalcifur eldre'thalas if you want an armory search or anything of that nature. Will be getting the faceless title on Tuesday when orgrimmar is back up

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcifur View Post
    Im 5 mask cleared stormwind on hpal now. Kalcifur eldre'thalas if you want an armory search or anything of that nature. Will be getting the faceless title on Tuesday when orgrimmar is back up
    Cool. Any special tricks to use to deal with casters that drain sanity when you play a healer with no interrupt?

Do you save bubble and other cooldowns for specific abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Cool. Any special tricks to use to deal with casters that drain sanity when you play a healer with no interrupt?

Do you save bubble and other cooldowns for specific abilities?
    Bubble dwarf district, all in one pull with cds. Slow clear old town, kill trash to trigger gift of titans before engaging elites, rats can trigger gift in a pinch. Trade district use bubble on the chains boss if in danger of being stalled out (if you dont crit him down with cyclotronic blast).

Mage district is the hardest, be careful with greater void elementals since st 5 masks they kill you in a few cast. Engage elites whenever you proc titans. Try to pull umbric at around 60% sanity, force him to teleport once and then wait for cds. When your sanity drops below half you should spawn an add from dark imaginations, drag it to umbric while taking care to dodge ice shards. Kill the add to proc gift of the titans once in melee range of umbric and go all out with cds, when he teleports, give chase with hand of freedom and a lightfood potion, if your damage is good he will teleport for the third and last time right away, bubble here to prevent lead foot from stacking and horse up to secure the kill.

Portal back to the cathedral district and wait for a full reset of your cds. You should take this time hunt down potions and eat kbab to restore sanity as there are many buffs in the starter area. Go into the alleria fight blasting all cds, if you can drag one slime or other trash mob in with you to trigger gift it's even better as you can ignore her sanity drain mechanics. Play the fight safe as divine shield does not stop all of her abilities. Sneak a cyclotronic blast in between her void nova casts when the eyes attempt to move to your position.

Many things here are paladin specific, but it bears repeating that many healing classes have niche tricks to countering the visions. Shamans and druids have no cd on their shapeshifting to combat lead foot even more effectively than hand of freedom. Mistweavers have a shorter.cd on their offensive burst with crane stance and with the right azerite teaits can unleash huge damage in short windows.

Long story short, even healers can do visions solo, i completed 5 mask sw at cloak 11 at 465 ilvl with under 30 corruption and ended the run with 300 sanity, a huge margin for error including missing a portal in mage district and having to go back down the tower to find it. I took 1 mind flay corruption as my only rng heavy loot drop and that could be swapped with basically anything else and still would have been fine. One of my guildies actually did their org 5 mask at cloak 10 for several toons although im not sure if any of those were healers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sooo...bit of a dead topic, but maybe somebody wants to share stuff:

What role do you find easiest to do solo? At ilv 450 prot pally and a rank 3 stars and rank 1 TD I can get 3 mask runs no problem. But the other masks hurt (maybe I am just bad)...and also the increasing HP and less damage done to mobs gets noticeable.

What specc do you run with and what corruption do you recommend? I am really thinking of going as much as possible for TD...Buying a rank 3 when possible

- - - Updated - - -

Did you run your 5 masks with the corruption displayed right now? Avoidance and Leech?
    I usually do my runs solo as Prot (470ish). Only corruptions I run are Surging Vitality 3 on shield and TD3 on boots. DPS trinkets (Humming Black Dragonscale and Torment in a Jar). Essences I run Strength of the Warden or Memory Lucid Dreams as majors (if one is major, the other is one of the minors), Conflict or Aegis and Nullification Dynamo as minors. Running a Seraphim setup for talents.

Just need to time my pulls correctly to burst things down and get a Gift proc for safety. This week (Orgrimmar) is easy to do. SW weeks are a bit more annoying, no need to try rush Alleria, is more important to do the things right there (kicking bombs, positioning, interrupting, etc).