Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    http://web.archive.org/web/200503300...cle-part2.html

scroll down to see rewards

This article is from March 30th 2005, honor system was live in April 2005 and BWL released in July 2005
    Still that was before everything was theory crafted to hell

Before you had tons of players looking for the easiest and most efficient ways to level honor lol

People have had access to gear that folks back then could not get. So it'll fall over. Maybe Nefarian will take an attempt or two.

"Hello and welcome to the BWL race to world first...what's that? 50 guilds already cleared it? World first happened 15 years ago!? Okay thanks for tuning in everyone! “

10+ Year Old Account
    Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.

What do you think will top Classic guilds gather to play in same place and have retail like event etc like we had in Ny'alotha and Molten Core race?
    We had Method hosting world first MC race but I haven't heard anything about them hosting BWL race.
    Have you played classic? There will be no race, there will be nothing.

<APES> will clear BWL within the first hour of it's release and so will a few other guilds, tho I think APES will win. <SALAD BAKERS> could possibly contest, they will also clear the first hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame we never got gear itemisation progression as well, Blizz far too lazy to do that.

Even if we did, BWL would still be cleared in hours by the top guilds.

I expect the top guilds to clear it in under 2 hours, even if under 1 hour, I won't be surprised. Our current gear is just way too strong for any of these raids to be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Still that was before everything was theory crafted to hell

Before you had tons of players looking for the easiest and most efficient ways to level honor lol
    Not to mention being weaker (1.12 talent trees and balance changes of earlier patches) and extreme difference in hardware (I had like 5-10 FPS when I raided BWL in Vanilla, and that was pretty decent).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    "Hello and welcome to the BWL race to world first...what's that? 50 guilds already cleared it? World first happened 15 years ago!? Okay thanks for tuning in everyone! “
    It didn't really happen 15 years ago since the game is much easier these days. Comparing now to Vanilla is unfair due to above reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Our current gear is just way too strong for any of these raids to be a challenge.
    The problem isn't gear, it's player experience. The original BWL wasn't challenging either - people were just a lot less knowledgeable, less ambitious, and less experienced back then. Vanilla was never hard - even total bungling idiots could clear all the raids. I know, because I was one, and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by fjeenzy View Post
    I vote 5 days.
    hahahaha

Good one.

What makes you think 5 days
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The problem isn't gear, it's player experience. The original BWL wasn't challenging either - people were just a lot less knowledgeable, less ambitious, and less experienced back then. Vanilla was never hard - even total bungling idiots could clear all the raids. I know, because I was one, and I did.
    Yeah, I said even if we did have the older gear stats, it would still be cleared fast.

Way to selective quote me.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    There were no rumors.

Raid will be cleared in the first hour of availability, this is not an exaggeration.

I reckon about 2 hours after it's released Nef will be down

Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    There were no rumors.

Raid will be cleared in the first hour of availability, this is not an exaggeration.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ssively-buffed

There was leak/rumors about buffs here in MMO-Champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be that simple, we don't know the values Blizzard uses in Classic. There have been rumors about BWL buffs.
    I've heard those rumors, but I'm doubtful unless Blizzard's philosophy has shifted from a museum snapshot to preserving the 'feel' (which would include buffing content so it feels harder for players experienced with modern WoW's more complex raid fights). It depends on if they feel the 'spirit of the law' approach worked for Alterac Valley, I suppose.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ok, since you seem committed to this idea, what do you feel will stop guilds who can clear it on PS in a few hours from doing the same on classic servers? What boss do you think they will be stuck on for DAYS?
    Classic servers were fake, all the numbers were wrong and the people who played on them were bad at wow,

It is the people who move back and forth from BFA to Classic that will clear BWL in 2 hours.

Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.
    hahah, thanks for the laugh OP.
    4-5 days. You crack me up.

Literally no chance this isn't cleared - multiple times - on the first day. It's pretty out of touch to think anything otherwise. Back then, we simply were not that good. You not only needed 40 people, they needed to communicate, be committed to getting things done, and be properly geared. Back then, proper gearing was full tier sets, not the clown sets we have today that are mathematically so far superior. Also, you needed to learn these encounters from scratch - AND you needed Ony Scale Cloaks for everyone. We didn't know that when BWL launched, so there would have been a scramble for people to craft the damn things before the raid could be cleared.

My guild spent three hours last week going over each encounter and trash pack. We know precisely how everything works. We had Ony Cloaks for everyone - 1-2 months ago. We have BIS gear. We have theorycrafting and strats that have been perfected over years. Sure, we now have to execute these strats - but there isn't anything in BWL that gives any of us a moment of concern. Chromaggus will be potentially challenging, depending on his breaths and available sands. Otherwise, it's just a matter of following mechanics. BWL will be more challenging than MC, but not terribly challenging period.

4-5 days? More like 4-5 hours post server-live.

** Let me caveat this - if Blizz completely screws up algorithms and doesn't launch with proper values, sure, this could take time. If they launch this correctly, though, it will be a cake walk - one you need to pay attention to, but still pretty simple. I'm looking so forward to this, and can not wait for Wednesday! But, I expect very little resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by BSwitch View Post
    Literally no chance this isn't cleared - multiple times - on the first day. It's pretty out of touch to think anything otherwise. Back then, we simply were not that good. You not only needed 40 people, they needed to communicate, be committed to getting things done, and be properly geared. Back then, proper gearing was full tier sets, not the clown sets we have today that are mathematically so far superior. Also, you needed to learn these encounters from scratch - AND you needed Ony Scale Cloaks for everyone. We didn't know that when BWL launched, so there would have been a scramble for people to craft the damn things before the raid could be cleared.

My guild spent three hours last week going over each encounter and trash pack. We know precisely how everything works. We had Ony Cloaks for everyone - 1-2 months ago. We have BIS gear. We have theorycrafting and strats that have been perfected over years. Sure, we now have to execute these strats - but there isn't anything in BWL that gives any of us a moment of concern. Chromaggus will be potentially challenging, depending on his breaths and available sands. Otherwise, it's just a matter of following mechanics. BWL will be more challenging than MC, but not terribly challenging period.

4-5 days? More like 4-5 hours post server-live.

** Let me caveat this - if Blizz completely screws up algorithms and doesn't launch with proper values, sure, this could take time. If they launch this correctly, though, it will be a cake walk - one you need to pay attention to, but still pretty simple. I'm looking so forward to this, and can not wait for Wednesday! But, I expect very little resistance.
    less than 1 hour after top guilds can get into BWL it'll be clear.

Going from Pserver knowledge - it will be clear very quickly by the top guilds, just a couple of hours from raid formation to nef dead.
    The more average guild, who maybe didn't farm full consumables for everyone, maybe has griefing in the mountains stopping people getting in for a bit etc. may take UP TO 6 raid hours or so to clear, which could be over 2 days of raiding to get it clear depending on how many hours per raid they typically do, and if they are willing to push.

Even below average guilds with limited amounts of members with consumables will be full clearing the first lockout.

As long as you and your guild are having fun it's all good, go kill some internet dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Classic servers were fake, all the numbers were wrong and the people who played on them were bad at wow,

It is the people who move back and forth from BFA to Classic that will clear BWL in 2 hours.
    If that's the case, how did a bunch of private server "bad" players down mc first? I look forward to your excuses and logical fallacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    1h 20min after release. You gotta count in the time it takes to get into the instance with all the lag!
    They will be logged out around the corner very near the entrance if they're moderately clever