Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It just depends on your server but it isn't too bad, most people are more open minded now that the meta bullies have all moved on lol.
    Good riddance to them. I've seen a couple lurking around and I love messing with them. "You absolutely cannot use that spec in PVP!" *uses that spec in PVP and does perfectly fine*

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Good riddance to them. I've seen a couple lurking around and I love messing with them. "You absolutely cannot use that spec in PVP!" *uses that spec in PVP and does perfectly fine*
    Well I tank level 60 dungeons better than most "Prot" Warriors on both my Enhance Shaman and my Ret Paladin for example, believe it or not.

I would come back lvl to 60 do a couple dungeons and dont bother till naxx is released, right now the game is pretty stale

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It's a lot more toxic now after the retail players have quit and the majority of the remaining ones come from the private server community that's well known for being extremely toxic.
    as much as i love classic this is true i have encountered some of most toxic players in classic recently than what i have encountered in retail in years

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to say it's dead but it's not very lively. LFG was pretty dead about two months in and now outside of peak hours the game is a total ghost town. If my guild isn't down to do something I just logout because the chances of finding someone outside of guild to do something with is really low.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well I tank level 60 dungeons better than most "Prot" Warriors on both my Enhance Shaman and my Ret Paladin for example, believe it or not.
    I don't doubt it at all. There were plenty of successful prot paladins back in vanilla and I did see enhancement shamans tank a few things. The mentality of gamers was different back then. We were more about playing and having fun. The newer generation, entitled gamers are all about "GO GO GO!", META!, etc. Weaning out those people makes a game fun to play again... like a "game" should be... you know... fun to play. Not a chore or a full-on competition.

Classic has fresh content = lots of players
    Classic content is old = fewer players
    Retail has fresh content = lots of players
    Retail content is old = fewer players

It all goes in cycles, I tried retail last week for the new patch... had me interested for all of 3 days, maybe 8hrs in total time.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The best part of classic, which everyone sped through, is the leveling experience. On a PVE server, of course. I think people burnt themselves out trying to race to max level only to discover that the endgame content just isn't that great. Avoid the meta, ultra-efficiency is not how the game was meant to be enjoyed. People literally don't use their warlock/paladin mounts because casting the spell delays their mp5. My point is, don't become a slave to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Maester View Post
    I played the shit out of Classic on release (Herod, Horde) but burnt myself out within a month after only reaching like level 43 or something. Getting the itch to get back in but, only reason I had so much fun was because there were people EVERYWHERE, groups forming for every little quest, etc. Is it still the same case in the leveling zones or is that phase pretty much over?
    Most people leveling these days on Herod are Alts, but Herod is a booming server that still has queue times at peak hours some nights.

Never a problem getting a group at endgame

Disagree on separate communities. Most players still subscribed to WoW seem to be lifers with enormous time dedications. Any content, really, gets joylessly steamrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    The best part of classic, which everyone sped through, is the leveling experience. On a PVE server, of course. I think people burnt themselves out trying to race to max level only to discover that the endgame content just isn't that great.
    Funny about that. I had the most fun in years leveling at my own pace, especially in the low-grind early third when many players were just screwing around in roving bands for WPVP. But the checklist mentality kicked in, and all the energy from people sinking twice as much time as I shifted to maxing out the next new thing then idling until the one after that. Left when meta-ing Honor was FotM, and happily missed the AV engorging. Maybe people have rediscovered the little things?

Can't speak for your server, but Alliance on Atiesh is still pretty good. Plenty of folks leveling up still. It definitely feels like Vanilla and not a private server.

Roll on High or Full servers, you'll never have less than 3,000 players active in prime time.

Lowest I've seen to date was monday morning at 7am after Superbowl sunday, and even then there were 600+ people playing alliance.

I play on a PvE realm.

PS Herod is crazy full. Leveling zones are packed even now.

I have noticed that many people got lazier with being social.

You ressurect them out in the world, they don't even say thank you. You buff them, they don't buff you back.

They still invite you to a party, so you don't steal the mobs from each other. But they don't even answer to a "hi" or anything. they just finish the quest and leave the group. might not even be humans playing.

At least that was my experience a few days ago on my alt.
    I'm usually only online to do something with my guild, so the impact is very low for me.

But there are still enough people everywhere, since i'm on the biggest EU realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, there hasn't been much change since release. Majority of players are sound, nice people, but there's still a few assholes that will try ruin it for everyone.

Depends if you're on a PvE or PvP server, though, a lot of "nicer" players seem to have flocked to PvE servers and that's why I think it's better. My server (PvE) has definitely gone up in population recently, probably due to the honour system and ganking. These people claiming 200k seem to be incredibly biased and in denial.

Not gonna lie the number of people leveling chars obviously went down a ton. But you still meet players to do stuff with while leveling. Even leveling dungeons, but more scarce now. Lots of people doing max level dungeons and pug raids tho.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Most of the initial servers are dead, but the first ones released where all big vanilla fans went are still healthy. Out of the 30 something realms you will find a few realms with healthy player base.

All big streamers and probably 90 % population are gone, but I think that the few big ones will always have enough population as people come and go.
    This is pure bs

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    For me, there hasn't been much change since release. Majority of players are sound, nice people, but there's still a few assholes that will try ruin it for everyone.

Depends if you're on a PvE or PvP server, though, a lot of "nicer" players seem to have flocked to PvE servers and that's why I think it's better. My server (PvE) has definitely gone up in population recently, probably due to the honour system and ganking.
    Exactly my own experience too.
    My main irritation these days is how annoying it is to farm mithril for the blacksmithing quests, because there is too many people so you don't find mineral veins as often as when I was playing Vanilla.
    These people claiming 200k seem to be incredibly biased and in denial.
    This entire forum is like that. The same bitter losers that were spitting their venom since back when Classic was announced keep coming at it, trying to find any angle to claim that Classic is a failure/is dead/is boring/whatever. Even in this thread we see some of these usual names popping up and 'lo and behold, they are the ones saying "community is toxic/game is empty/whatever".

You really have to wonder just how unbalanced they must be to have such a relentless hateful obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    This is pure bs
    Go and try to play on one of the later released realms lol. If you dont see the pattern then you are on a huge denial mode. I'm just glad I chose one of the big realms even though ques were painful at the beginning

Also, I watch vanilla streams every week and big streams are long gone. bwl Release brought back a few for short period though.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a queue last night, so pretty good.