Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "and every time poochie isn't on screen the audience should be asking: wheres poochie?"

As Zekhan and Talanji work to save Bwonsamdi,
    Uhh.... why would Talanji try to save the loa who tricked her father and cursed her bloodline?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I'm pretty sure they had another Troll in Zekhan's boots before Zappy Boi turned into a meme. They most likely just put Zappy Boi in that character boots instead
    This has already been confirmed, that they added a bunch of BFA stuff based on fan reaction.

It probably would have been Rokhan, who was likely supposed to marry Talanji and merge the troll tribes.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    "but through success, they may rediscover what makes the Horde strong."

Agaaain? ;__; Can we have a story about what makes the Alliance strong again for a change? Or just... neither and do something else that's more enjoying?

oh neat another Novel to explain everything NOT in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    TIL You qualify as a writer by your looks
    TIL: I would totally have sex with the author of Shadows Rising and Court of Shadows.

Cool, another complete piece of literature revolving around the same shit.

I swear to god if the Horde doesn't stop soul searching I'm going to go full Alliance just for the excuse to kill them. I'm so sick of this story arc that's been dragging on in repetition for literal years with no genuine development.

We get it, Blizzard. The Horde is full of outcasts with differing motives and what makes them strong is their ability to unify in the face of a true threat. Can we move the fuck on now?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever? If this were the case, they would have had to redo the cinematics to replace said character with Zekhan. That's a lot of effort to squeeze in a meme character and not cheap.

On topic, the Horde forming a council is the least Horde thing they could ever write. The Horde is officially no more and are now just the red Alliance. The story only gets worse and worse until they combine the factions completely and just do away with the two narratives since they can't be asked to make either side interesting or unique. Which would be the worst outcome for the game, but where it is clearly headed.
    They stated the troll in the BFA reveal cinematic was just a random soldier and had no idea he'd be popular with the fanbase.

Why did you get so defensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Uhh.... why would Talanji try to save the loa who tricked her father and cursed her bloodline?

- - - Updated - - -

This has already been confirmed, that they added a bunch of BFA stuff based on fan reaction.

It probably would have been Rokhan, who was likely supposed to marry Talanji and merge the troll tribes.
    Yea, that's who I was thinking too. Instead now we have this disney-esque side character who stutters and fumbles. It's like out of a neckbeard's story following a self insert. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    They stated the troll in the BFA reveal cinematic was just a random soldier and had no idea he'd be popular with the fanbase.
    Citation needed. They said the soldier that Anduin fought was a nameless soldier.

The cinematics and model for him were worked on prior to his popularity. They didn't just shoehorn him in because of memes. That's ridiculous to think they as they had the reveal trailer done in 2016.

Old Soldier was done before they even revealed the BFA cinematic.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Old_Soldier
    In response to fan speculation that Old Soldiers was made or released in response to player controversy surrounding the release of Warbringers: Sylvanas three days prior, Ythisens stated that Blizzard had planned for Old Soldiers to debut at Chinajoy months before, long before Warbringers was even announced.[14] The cinematic was in fact being created before even the unveiling of the Battle for Azeroth opening cinematic.[15]
    Because of this, Blizzard had no way of predicting the popularity of Zekhan, and did not expect him to become a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Must be nice to be so simple minded to take things so literal...
    Must be nice to lack common sense to read his whole statement.. he wasn't calling you an idiot, but rather calling people who play the lottery (with the wicked small chance of winning) idiots, because of how unlikely winning is in that regard. I'm stoked you assigned the insult to yourself though, says a lot more! xD

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    try spending 6 years with 8 max lvl chars everyday to get ravenlord -_-
    Ouch. You'll hate me, but I got Raven Lord like second try.

If it makes you feel better, I'm a decade into farming Ashes of A'lar, and still nothing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by imarealpally View Post
    Must be nice to lack common sense to read his whole statement.. he wasn't calling you an idiot, but rather calling people who play the lottery (with the wicked small chance of winning) idiots, because of how unlikely winning is in that regard. I'm stoked you assigned the insult to yourself though, says a lot more! xD
    He brought up numbers to state his "fact" when I was obviously exaggerating.

I really don't care either ways, and I know the mute point of me responding. But eh.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    soooo I'm gonna miss Golden, war crimes is still one of my Favs.
    I would rather see the return of Knaak
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    While I agree they put a lot of story in game, I am on the side major plot points should still be there. Blizzard, while designing some of the games quests and story of an xpac, could easily fit in a quest here or there, or even just some text in an existing quest, that has major plot points to it. Things like Calia, or the Legion’s true motivations, should absolutely be included in the game and not just in a book. Books are great to flesh out and expand on stories revealed in game in ways that don’t have big impacts on in game dynamics, such as if they want to talk about Thrall’s early years while not having big reveals that impact the game, or Varian’s gladiator days.

- - - Updated - - -

Except her books get good reviews. I’m personally not a huge fan, but I’ve read some of her stuff and I wouldn’t consider it dim. Nice follow up after you insult someone’s writing ability based on appearance. I mean, if we all did that then Stephen King and his son Joe Hill would obviously have low brow writings based on low class southerners. H.R. Giger would paint food. Isaac Asimov would be pretentious works based on modern politics.
    Like most books reviewed mostly by young tumblrettes and other feminists. It's an echo chamber. And in general reviewers give more points for 'progressive' themes. All of the mentioned carry themselves in a normal manner. There is a difference between the features we are born with and attire/makeup/hairstyle of choice.

Her looks and writing are straight out of tumblr. Dim and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Who wants to read this feminist drivel?
    Feminists that play WoW, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Like most books reviewed mostly by young tumblrettes and other feminists. It's an echo chamber. And in general reviewers give more points for 'progressive' themes. All of the mentioned carry themselves in a normal manner. There is a difference between the features we are born with and attire/makeup/hairstyle of choice.

Her looks and writing are straight out of tumblr. Dim and dull.
    Well I haven't read her books, but she wrote a series of horror books with a male protagonist (which is like 80% of her writing credit on wikipedia). While I don't know how good or bad she wrote him, it's certainly not the hallmark of tumblrism to go for that market. Unless you have more first hand knowledge I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, she could also be more related to punk circles, because they also tend to look as fucked up (especially with the shaved sides).

Frankly, I take everything over another page out the midlife-crisis-diary of Jaina..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well I haven't read her books, but she wrote a series of horror books with a male protagonist (which is like 80% of her writing credit on wikipedia). While I don't know how good or bad she wrote him, it's certainly not the hallmark of tumblrism to go for that market. Unless you have more first hand knowledge I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, she could also be more related to punk circles, because they also tend to look as fucked up (especially with the shaved sides).

Frankly, I take everything over another page out the midlife-crisis-diary of Jaina..
    As if punks are any better than tumblrettas. Her work is often praised for feminist and inclusive themes. hell, one of the character in her books is an escapee from 'pray away' camp.

Robert Jordan called from his grave, he wants his book title back

Quote Originally Posted by Veritus7 View Post
    Robert Jordan called from his grave, he wants his book title back
    Well there is an "s" as difference
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Feminists that play WoW, I imagine.
    Their loss then, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Their loss then, i guess.
    If it caters to their interests, I'm sure it'll be their gain. lol

Even though Christie Golden sucks, and I really only ever enjoyed Arthas: Rise of the Lich King from her, I'd give this new one a chance. I imagine her draft has to be proof read and approved by Blizzard, they're not just going to give her free rein to publish what she wants under the Warcraft IP. While that might not be encouraging given Blizzard's... ahem, current track record handling their own lore, I'll at least be curious regarding how much the new novel reveals about her plans (if anything.) If it sucks like outlook indicates, I can at least trash it justifiably.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If it caters to their interests, I'm sure it'll be their gain. lol

Even though Christie Golden sucks, and I really only ever enjoyed Arthas: Rise of the Lich King from her, I'd give this new one a chance. I imagine her draft has to be proof read and approved by Blizzard, they're not just going to give her free rein to publish what she wants under the Warcraft IP. While that might not be encouraging given Blizzard's... ahem, current track record handling their own lore, I'll at least be curious regarding how much the new novel reveals about her plans (if anything.) If it sucks like outlook indicates, I can at least trash it justifiably.
    Pretty sure they have to follow a general outline given by Blizzard. This is the lead-in to SL, there is no way they can write anything here without it being approved by them. Mostly likely they worked out the general plot together.