Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    There is a difficulty setting in game. Also, if you want easy mode play colossus.
    where???? and yeah, its what I figured and what I picked as my first javelin. I overheat like crazy, but at least when i inevitably fall or bump into things, there is no damage. too bad it looks blah, but... unfortunately i cannot pull off interceptor as much as i'd like to.

P.S. is it just me, or are flight controls the worst of Mako and Hammerhead from mass effect - combined?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    where???? and yeah, its what I figured and what I picked as my first javelin. I overheat like crazy, but at least when i inevitably fall or bump into things, there is no damage. too bad it looks blah, but... unfortunately i cannot pull off interceptor as much as i'd like to.

P.S. is it just me, or are flight controls the worst of Mako and Hammerhead from mass effect - combined?
    Flights amazing in this game, you might just need to adjust the sensitivities.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I lowered them as low as they would go, it still feels like stirring a cross between mako and hammerhead, but with lower sensitivities its more like mako then hammerhead :/

I highly recommend doing this. The defaults are good for controller but very touchy for pc/keyboard. Took me a few minutes but once you get sensitivities right it feels really good.

Somewhere when you pick a mission in menu. You have difficulty setting, dont remember where tho, played months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I lowered them as low as they would go, it still feels like stirring a cross between mako and hammerhead, but with lower sensitivities its more like mako then hammerhead :/
    On colossus it is fine in default settings for me, but hunter(?) needed time to adjust.

I forget what I did, don't think it was bottoming them out. Again though flying is one of those things that's pretty much universally praised as one of the few things they knocked out of the park, so if you're experiencing poor flying then there's something wrong on your end.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I forget what I did, don't think it was bottoming them out. Again though flying is one of those things that's pretty much universally praised as one of the few things they knocked out of the park, so if you're experiencing poor flying then there's something wrong on your end.
    Flying, using skills, visual feedback, graphics, using guns, mocap is amazing, Owen is actually good character.

What they only lack IMO is a endgame and variety.

maybe I'm just not used to it (I haven't played flight sims in forever) or maybe its becasue i'm using one of the heavier javelins, i don't know, but it just doesn't feel good to fly for me. on the ground combat? that i'm definitely enjoying, I'm not even having any aiming issues, which is not typical for when when playing shooters, but flight... so weird...

maybe I'm just not used to it (I haven't played flight sims in forever) or maybe its becasue i'm using one of the heavier javelins, i don't know, but it just doesn't feel good to fly for me. on the ground combat? that i'm definitely enjoying, I'm not even having any aiming issues, which is not typical for when when playing shooters, but flight... so weird...
    Colossus is definitely not made for flight combat though. Ranger and obviously Storm are more made around flying.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10/...e-february-10/

I guess they're supposedly moving forward with "anthem 2.0"

So maintenance mode for now with a relaunch. Which no doubt will have folks expecting a FFXIV ARR level thing. Honestly i'm just kind of surprised its even going through since its not like a established brand they need to save. Maybe Dragon Age 4, since its rumoured to just be anthem with dragons, was also a trash fire and this is an attempt to solve the issues of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post

My big concern with this is that it doesn't sound like they spent the past year working on "2.0", but rather focused on the seasonal events which didn't seem to add much actual content to the game.

If they're just starting work on it now...ooph. Sure, 4-5 months is doable, but at the rate they've been working I think things are quite a ways off...and wonder if anyone will care by then.

And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.
    Maybe they shouldn't have wasted 5+ years fucking about and stressing staff out, but that's the past.

At this point I don't have much confidence left in their ability to turn things around. I was expecting the announcement to come this year with some big info/asset drops showing off the changes they've been working on over the past 6+ months, but this is just a vague, generic blog post. They needed to come out swinging, hard, and IMO instead they came out with a limp wristed slap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Maybe Dragon Age 4, since its rumoured to just be anthem with dragons, was also a trash fire and this is an attempt to solve the issues of both?
    This is actually a bit more reasonable - the under the hood work for Anthem is being done in-part so that they can use that foundation for DA4.

And it's not necessarily "Anthem with dragons", but it sounds like it'll have more online components than DA:I. It's more just that they're not throwing out all the work they've done in Frostbyte to make it work for a RPG and starting from scratch for a third time like they did with ME:A (work from DA:I abandoned) and Anthem (work from DA:I and ME:A abandoned).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And it's not necessarily "Anthem with dragons",
    There was some stuff last month i think from a bioware leaker that state the game was outright "take the javelin flying but you are flying on the back of dragons" and made it sound like a elder scrolls to fallout level changed tone but same gameplay. Which frankly sounds horrible if true.

There was some stuff last month i think from a bioware leaker that state the game was outright "take the javelin flying but you are flying on the back of dragons" and made it sound like a elder scrolls to fallout level changed tone but same gameplay. Which frankly sounds horrible if true.
    Got sauce? I'm not seeing anything that's remotely trustworthy in my searches so far.

I mean, riding dragons isn't outlandish and the tech for flight is there, but I imagine it would be a very different type of flying with a different goal compared to Anthem. Like, rather than fast travel or run around on foot you can jump on your dragon and traverse multiple zones without loading screens. That'd actually be pretty fuckin rad, and allows for all kinds of fun gameplay opportunities (avoiding arrows from the ground, using your dragon to help lay siege to enemy strongholds etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That'd actually be pretty fuckin rad, and allows for all kinds of fun gameplay opportunities (avoiding arrows from the ground, using your dragon to help lay siege to enemy strongholds etc.)
    Anthem of thrones
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

No, no ....no....No

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    No, no ....no....No
    I'm doubtful. But they are keeping a lot of the under the hood work for DA4, which is actually fucking fantastic. One of the big issues with BW games as of late is that they start from scratch with the Frostbyte engine, which isn't really designed for RPG's so is laking tons of functionality. It can definitely handle them, but BW built the bone for RPG systems with DA:I and...then abandoned all that work and started from scratch for ME:A...and then abandoned all the work from both those games and started from scratch for Anthem. Which basically means huge amounts of development time were wasted while designers waited on a lot of the tools they'd need to start full-scale production while the engineering team was re-building all those from scratch for the third time by the time Anthem came out.

This is good overall, it means that they're coming in with a lot of that foundational work "done". Yeah, they'll still have to tweak/update some tools and systems for the game so it's not all "final", but it eliminates a big hurdle that's plagued them with their past 3 releases. BW has never seemed to have the strongest team of engineers in the business, either, so this will likely end up being an even bigger boon in the end.

Assuming they don't pull another Anthem and spend 5+ years fucking about with nothing to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post

Didn't they already announce they were canceling the roadmap in order to focus on bigger changes? Nice to know that they still pretend to be working on it, but how is that news?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Didn't they already announce they were canceling the roadmap in order to focus on bigger changes? Nice to know that they still pretend to be working on it, but how is that news?
    https://screenrant.com/bioware-anthe...sonal-updates/

No, that was to pivot to "seasonal updates". This is yet another change as it was never confirmed they were working on any sort of "reboot", only rumors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine having any faith in this when 1.0 crashed and burned worse than what we predicted. Catch me in pso2