Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Does your entire raid use augment runes on every fight? No? That'd make more of a difference than one BoE, and the BoE is a consumable that'll run out faster than the gold for augment runes will. Unless you're pushing mythics (as in realm first and similar, casual mythic raiders do not apply), using the items that are worth millions of gold is pure stupidity.
    1 augment rune = ~200dps
    Augment runes for the whole raid: ~3500 dps
    1 BiS BoE item = easily 5k dps

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever want to buy a BOE that is going to be useless in a few months? Be glad some idiots pay so much for them and try to get your hands on one and sell it and pay your token.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Never understood anyone who really buys gear, especially for that much. Unless you're in a top guild competing for World First, what the heck are you even going to use it for to make it worth that price before it becomes worthless? Doing slightly more damage in LFR or your dailies?
    What else will you do with the gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    1 augment rune = ~200dps
    Augment runes for the whole raid: ~3500 dps
    1 BiS BoE item = easily 5k dps
    Source for a rune being 200 DPS? Seems arbitrary.

Even if you're right, a million gold (a cheap corrupted item, the best ones are closer to 2 million or more) is 4000+ runes. Assuming you're not a hardcore guild you won't be doing hundreds of wipes, meaning that gold for runes will last a lot longer than the boots will.

Yes, corruptions are huge DPS boosts. Buying BoEs to get them is ridiculous unless you're pushing top tier levels. Not selling BoEs you get is the same as buying them, as you're wasting the gold either way.

No its not worth at all echoing void pieces was super exspensive it got a nerf but also require weakaura setup and coordination to make full use of. And most likely you do not need them at all since you can get better gear from mythic+15 keys. However if you dont raid or do mythic+ sure they are great but then there is no point in buying them either.

Again, people crying dear murder about what someone else does and about shit they dont understand

This isnt new, servers with ranking progressing guilds always do these stuff, just because you cant make gold, doesnt mean others cant, and this definitely doesnt affect the 99.999% of the game population, its literally tiny.

There are literally people out there that just grind gold to buy AOTC/mount because they are collectors and not raiders, everyone plays the game differently.

I am guessing the outcry is because you cant afford it?

Wait 2 weeks, prices will plummet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I wanna cry about is how I haven't received a BoE this tier.. I usually do. ;'(

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post

In short, yes.
    thats how much my house is worth

I sold a ring for 3m on first week.

Legion legendaries with p2w as seasoning

Now I am curious if some pretend hardcore NA top 1000 guild bullied their raiders into buying gold to buy BoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Now I am curious if some pretend hardcore NA top 1000 guild bullied their raiders into buying gold to buy BoEs.
    ya my guild made me take out a 3rd mortgage on my house so i could spend 55k on tokens and buy a 475 boe with void ritual

Sold a 460 haste/crit ring with an extra socket and a 9% crit increase for 1.5mil. The reason they are so high is because people are willing to buy them. Sold within 20m of being listed. Should have asked for more!

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Over expensive mounts, toys, repairs, mats for crafting, wow tokens so I never have to pay for my WoW sub, plus a large stockpile so I can remain confident I'll never have to farm gold in this game again. That sort of stuff.

As someone who doesnt play the ah in any sognificant way (selling mats from salvage, buying anchor weed here and there) i tend to break even on gold, considering consumables vs income.

Main has about 25k, alt about 5k

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ya my guild made me take out a 3rd mortgage on my house so i could spend 55k on tokens and buy a 475 boe with void ritual
    A true savant as Void Ritual is getting buffed next week. Homeless you may be, but at least you'll get blue parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Over expensive mounts, toys, repairs, mats for crafting, wow tokens so I never have to pay for my WoW sub, plus a large stockpile so I can remain confident I'll never have to farm gold in this game again. That sort of stuff.
    "Never understood anyone who really buys mounts and toys, especially for that much" - I think you know where I'm going
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

"Never understood anyone who really buys mounts and toys, especially for that much" - I think you know where I'm going
    The good thing about buying cosmetic anything from a vendor is you'll know it'll always be the same price, and it'll always be worth the same thing... unlike gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    460 boe's are at an astronomically high price. Yes I am bitching because I cant afford it, thats obvious. Not that I cant, but I dont know anyone who would actually pay almost a million or more than a million for 1 piece of gear.

Are any of those pieces worth that much?
    The simple process to answer the question: Is something worth x amount?
    1.)Do people buy it?
    2.) If yes, yes.