Poll: The strongest keeper?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Tyr was a titan-forged keeper and the mightiest of the watchers.
    Chronicles page 42.
    didn't remember that. kinda pathetic he fell in battle to a couple c'thraxxi.

kinda makes the wild gods look pretty damn weak, too, since freya made them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

kinda makes the wild gods look pretty damn weak, too, since freya made them.
    The Keepers lost much power after the ordering of Azeroth. Tyr was very weak when he fought with C'thraxxi.
    The wild gods were not made by Freya, they left her enclaves because of the energy of the Well of Eternity. She gave strength to some wild gods, but many of them either appeared on their own, or they were animals changed by the power of the Well, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I think the titans know better who is the strongest
    The chronicles are also still canon

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicles page 42.

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicles page 42.
    and he's dead while the rest of them lived on

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    and he's dead while the rest of them lived on
    Coz he true hero

Ra-den was empowered by Aman'thul himself.

- - - Updated - - -

And Odyn defeated Ragnaros himself.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Odyn with Ra Den second.

Chronicles page 42.

Chronicles is not canon. It’s just like opinion man.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    odyn and ra, which they only won because they couldn't be burned due to being metallic. it was also a several weeks long fight.

rag was clearly more powerful than the two, but rag also got butt-touched by the old gods. but that just seems to be unique vulnerability to their power that elementals have for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Chronicles page 42.

How tired I am of people like you ...
    That answer directly said that the Chronicles is a canon. The opinion of the Titans means that there is not all information about the Dark Empire or the Shadowlands, but all information from there is still canon. This is a broken phone game and taking it out of context is already starting to annoy me.
    Q: Is Chronicle cannon?
    A: It is, but it is from the view of the titans and so there is room to explore the more obscure mythology.
    Q: Is Chronicle cannon?
    A: It is
    It is
    - - - Updated - - -

Ra-den was empowered by Aman'thul himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicles page 42.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2020-02-10 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Tyr was considered the strongest in the Chronicles iirc.

but it's from Titan's perspective so it could be wrong xd
    I reread the Chronicles last week. You're right. Tyr's the most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicles page 42.

It's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I reread the Chronicles last week. You're right. Tyr's the most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

It's canon.
    I'm always right you know

So like the stuff from canon that contradicts the other canon are both canon? It’s like AU Chronicles and MU Chronicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So like the stuff from canon that contradicts the other canon are both canon? It’s like AU Chronicles and MU Chronicles.
    When it comes to retcons, canon sources that invalidate or outright contradict a previous source, the accepted rule is that the newest source supersedes the older source(s). There's no such thing as alternative or parallel canon. The only exceptions here are when newer information is explicitly de-canonized by an authoritative source such as the developers or writers themselves. Such a case being Med'an de-canonized as the Guardian following Medivh.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

odyn and ra, which they only won because they couldn't be burned due to being metallic. it was also a several weeks long fight.

rag was clearly more powerful than the two, but rag also got butt-touched by the old gods. but that just seems to be unique vulnerability to their power that elementals have for some reason.
    Also, Ra-den imprisoned Al'akir.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Also, Ra-den imprisoned Al'akir.
    might have been tyr and odyn vs. rag, rather than ra. it's been a while since i read half this stuff.

i know it was odyn and someone else at least.

As far as i know Odyn and Ra-Den were the most highly ranked among the Keepers and on the same level. Odyn was responsible for the northern part of Azeroth, Ra-den for the southern part.

I also think that these two in raw, overall fighting ability are the strongest among the Keepers. There was a reason Loken, probably somewhat enhanced by his corruption made a deal with Helya to trap Odyn in Odyn's own home. And Ra-den was pretty much out of the picture completely for a very long time. Although we have never seen a non-depressed Ra-den at its full height and might, which is pretty sad. But i think i also read that the power of the Keepers waned over time to a certain extant compared to the power they had when they were created in the war against the Black Empire of the Old Gods. Which doesn't make much sense in my opinion, but it might just be another mind fart and bad idea from Blizzard. Same as the handling of Dragons since Cataclysm.

I mean, overall the Keepers were super great in combination with each other i guess, because one of them was always extremely good in a certain number of specific things. But i guess there power also depends a lot on their characters. Some of them were really active and tried to increase their might, others were barely active anymore.

I certainly hope that Ironya and Archaedas aren't really dead and we in truth just thought some constructs back in Uldaman, because their portrayal was just weird compared to the other big, named Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    As far as i know Odyn and Ra-Den were the most highly ranked among the Keepers and on the same level. Odyn was responsible for the northern part of Azeroth, Ra-den for the southern part.

I also think that these two in raw, overall fighting ability are the strongest among the Keepers. There was a reason Loken, probably somewhat enhanced by his corruption made a deal with Helya to trap Odyn in Odyn's own home. And Ra-den was pretty much out of the picture completely for a very long time. Although we have never seen a non-depressed Ra-den at its full height and might, which is pretty sad. But i think i also read that the power of the Keepers waned over time to a certain extant compared to the power they had when they were created in the war against the Black Empire of the Old Gods. Which doesn't make much sense in my opinion, but it might just be another mind fart and bad idea from Blizzard. Same as the handling of Dragons since Cataclysm.

I mean, overall the Keepers were super great in combination with each other i guess, because one of them was always extremely good in a certain number of specific things. But i guess there power also depends a lot on their characters. Some of them were really active and tried to increase their might, others were barely active anymore.

I certainly hope that Ironya and Archaedas aren't really dead and we in truth just thought some constructs back in Uldaman, because their portrayal was just weird compared to the other big, named Keepers.
    Tyr was srtongest Keeper

- - - Updated - - -

might have been tyr and odyn vs. rag, rather than ra. it's been a while since i read half this stuff.

i know it was odyn and someone else at least.
    It was Tyr and Odyn

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    right now? Odyn. back when the Titan forged were fighting against the Black Empire? Tyr.

edit: I wonder where they go when they die? the Shadowlands? or somewhere else?
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-02-11 at 11:14 PM.

Side note about Ra-den: Does he actually die in the raid? If I'm not mistaken that would be a first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    Side note about Ra-den: Does he actually die in the raid? If I'm not mistaken that would be a first.
    He is marked as "Killable," meaning his death in Ny'alotha appears to be of the permanent variety and there's nothing in the encounter itself to denote he survives it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead