Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The only reason people praise Visions is that the rest of the content is horrible.

Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.

I haven't seen to many people praising visions tbh. To me they are just the next chore ... with the next time gate.

You make a pathetic amount of pointless bitch threads. Maybe try moving on, and play something else?

tHe oNlY rEaSoN pEoPlE pRaIsEd MaGe tOwEr wAs bEcAuSe tHe rEsT oF tHe cOnTeNt wAs bAd

Nothings exciting about visions, it's like Scenarios from MoP but with extra gates steps. The only difference is there's a whole two maps to do and they change weekly.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Nah. I like the rest of the content too, Visions is just the best and one of my most favourite features since Mage Tower.

The org one is fun but f stormwind..

if you set your expectation as them being a minor/medium gameplay system they are pretty good bang for buck i'd say.

they obviously took inspiration from the success of m+ affixes and turned them up to 11. only complaints i have had in that regard is that there are too many at once, not that they are bad perse.

replayability is actually one of it's strengths i'd say. sure the motivation for replaying is gear/player power, but that's true for every system. it strikes the middle ground between a dungeon and islands i'd say in terms of variety per run. and i'm certainly not farming 5 masks runs yet so i don't think it'll become "farming" for a while yet.

the biggest issue worth debating regarding visions if the key acquisition, but honestly after the buffs i think that's fine too. farming them dailies will become stale before visions themselves will, but if you don't do them you don't really miss out either.

now with just 2 maps it ofc can't compare to something like raids or dungeons as a major feature, so yeah, in that regard thorgast will have to step it up. but for what it is, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.
    It's almost like people have different tastes and boring to some can be fun to others.

Shocking concept I know.

Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.
    I think Visions are really engaging and fun. It's nice to have some PVE content besides M+ and Raiding that is challenging and that you can actually fail. All other PVE content in WoW is what I call "auto-pilot" content because your actions have no impact on the outcome and you cannot fail it no matter have badly you play.

However, I completely agree with you that Visions stands out because the other content BFA offers is so horrible. Island Expeditions and Warfronts were major failures. We should be able to expect good content but based on the content Blizzard have released lately, we are surprised when we get content like Visions which are actually decent and fun. It should be that way.

You couldn't be more wrong. The rest of the content is not horrible. Sure it's not the greatest there is, but definitely not horrible.

And the visions themselves are interesting and will push you. I'm looking forward to start to work on the masks.

Just because you only like to bitch and moan, does not mean everyone does.

The only reason people praise Visions is that the rest of the content is horrible.
    This is blatantly and provably not true.

Ah yes, you don't like something and that makes everyone who disagrees with you wrong and everyone who agrees a "realist".

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring.
    Say that once you've cleared everything with 5 masks. I cleared Stormwind with one mask today for the first time and I don't see it getting boring soon.
    Sure, if you only do the bare minimum, you might get bored but visions are about pushing yourself to the limit and raising the challenge bar with every run. That's what the masks are for.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-02-11 at 12:24 PM.

Threads like this reminds me of the dark ages in the earlier xpacs when there was literally NO content outside raids or dungeons (which itself was only useful for daily HC which was BS).

Can we not feed the person who made a bait thread just to seek attention and validation?

I think your just a weirdo,

I love them with a passion, great solo and group play, challenging abit to,

Your not forced to do anything man,

With those thoughts toud be forced to do +20,
    Forced to already have killed nzoth
    Forced to do all wq’s. But thats the beauty. Your not forced. If 1/2 visions a week is to much for you. Then dont do anything lol. I love visions more then the mage tower. People like diffrent things and that okay man. Maybe the game isnt for tou anymore. Thats how i felt in legion, and thats why i quit back then to!

Thanks for telling me what i do and do not enjoy. I wouldn't have been able to achieve that without your help.

Visions are still a new thing for most people, but I don’t see this holding up for 8 months straight. If offers some extra challenge but you will still end up doing the exact same thing for a long time. And other than Visions the rest of the patch didn’t really add much else other than the raid.

They did seem great at first... but that wore off very quickly. Have to agree with OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    This is blatantly and provably not true.

Ah yes, you don't like something and that makes everyone who disagrees with you wrong and everyone who agrees a "realist".

Say that once you've cleared everything with 5 masks. I cleared Stormwind with one mask today for the first time and I don't see it getting boring soon.
    Sure, if you only do the bare minimum, you might get bored but visions are about pushing yourself to the limit and raising the challenge bar with every run. That's what the masks are for.
    lol, so masks are like +2,+3,+4,+5 mythics? You are right that is great non-repetitive content.

I'm enjoying all of 8.3 ... visions probably the least as they aren't that friendly to my spec/class.

I don't think I'll be still enjoying it by August... but there is a lot to do for now.

Nothing new here - just more <current thing> is worse than <past thing> all over again.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Oh look, another troll account created a week ago to bitch about the game every day

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Visions are still a new thing for most people, but I don’t see this holding up for 8 months straight. If offers some extra challenge but you will still end up doing the exact same thing for a long time. And other than Visions the rest of the patch didn’t really add much else other than the raid.
    Absolutely nothing is intended to hold up for 8 months. You are supposed to have your fun, move on, and do something else, as a healthy human being