Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Sadly for me those don’t interest me, I go for weapon/gear transmog. Similar to MOP and WOD CM, even the Mage tower. For mounts tho, I use roflcopter since TBC and it’s always been my mount since <3
    fair point, you are free not to like the reward, and hence not push the visions, but the reward is there, and tbh i NEED that worm mount

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    fair point, you are free not to like the reward, and hence not push the visions, but the reward is there, and tbh i NEED that worm mount
    Now that mount is very sexy, if I didn’t have ROFLCOPTER I would be going for it!

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    This is why the game is in the state it's in. This is why Blizzard has been through so many PR disasters lately. Because the bar is so, so low, that all they have to do is churn out a mediocre piece of content and people will hand over the money for an expansion and subscription.
    Why are you so obsessed with this game after all this time despite disliking it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They did seem great at first... but that wore off very quickly. Have to agree with OP.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, so masks are like +2,+3,+4,+5 mythics? You are right that is great non-repetitive content.
    You dont even sound like you know what they are in the first place.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tHe oNlY rEaSoN pEoPlE pRaIsEd MaGe tOwEr wAs bEcAuSe tHe rEsT oF tHe cOnTeNt wAs bAd
    The biggest difference between mage tower runs and visions, is mage tower was 100% optional people really did that because they wanted to. Vissions block the core item of the game besides your neck, you can't even do the end of the raid with doing a horrific vision because without your cape you go insane instantly. Locking new must have things behind grindy RNG centric content isn't good design. MaYbE iF iT iS TyPed liKe DiS you will understand.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Not quite. Visions are essentially a mandatory version of the chromie/withered scenario. The exploration and progression can be interesting and appeal to players that miss this from the rest of the game, the difficulty can appeal the m+ crowd. Not to mention the sperg crowd that constantly need to measure their dicks.

But on the other hand the time trial rubbish will annoy alot of people that are already fed up with it because they're oversaturated with this type of content thanks to M+. One of the most common complaints that I have heard (and share) is that the artifically limited nature of them. It's a carnival ride that requires you to slog through the boring kiddie rides first before you can finally ride the rollercoaster. Even if the progression blocking got/gets solved 3 weeks into them, as far as satisfaction goes it's still content you get to only do so many times per week. That is kinda atrocious, if you compare this to most other (non-mobile-f2p)games.

So I don't think people claim they like them just because everything else is bad. I wouldn't even say everything else is bad, it's just horribly stretched out for the most part (the micro rep gains for example..). I think their appeal is just niche and heavily depends on the kind of player.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-11 at 02:24 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The biggest difference between mage tower runs and visions, is mage tower was 100% optional people really did that because they wanted to. Vissions block the core item of the game besides your neck, you can't even do the end of the raid with doing a horrific vision because without your cape you go insane instantly. Locking new must have things behind grindy RNG centric content isn't good design. MaYbE iF iT iS TyPed liKe DiS you will understand.
    You would be correct, if not for the fact that just leveling your cloak, not pushing as hard as you can, requires so little effort, that complaining about being forced to do them or whatever people complain about is just...weak. In order to be caught up with your cloak you need like...what? An hour a week? Two, at most? I'd say this is one of the least "grindy" content there is in this game, assuming you bother to actually spend some time preparing for it, and don't just go yolo, wasting your keys.

Also, RNG? What RNG? There is, quite literally, zero RNG involved with Visions. None. The only RNG this patch is Corruption, and that is absolutely horrible, yes, without a doubt. But Visions themselves? Show me any RNG in them, please.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

This is why the game is in the state it's in. This is why Blizzard has been through so many PR disasters lately. Because the bar is so, so low, that all they have to do is churn out a mediocre piece of content and people will hand over the money for an expansion and subscription.
    You mean a piece of content that has endless replayability, a scaling difficulty curve that can be played alone or with friends regardless of your class or spec?

What type of content do you want? Another pointless 5 man dungeon to run that's exactly the same as the other dozen 5 man dungeons in the game?

3+ Year Old Account
    Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.
    That's factually nothing more than your opinion. Nice blog post, I hope you put it on your facebook wall as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Guys scripting visions is not as easy as it looks. You have to pay attention..

Paid a lot of money and then they went and turned it into shit. I've also invested a lot of time into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paid a lot of money and then they went and turned it into shit. I've also invested a lot of time into it.
    So have plenty of others.... And it means nothing... Because its Blizzard's IP and they can do with it anything they wish...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So have plenty of others.... And it means nothing... Because its Blizzard's IP and they can do with it anything they wish...
    Exactly. They can do anything they want to it. It's their right. It's also my right to bitch about it.

I enjoy the visions, but...

1. The gating sucks. I wish I could try over and over or at least for a much smaller fee. Though, they would have to rethink the reward structure if they did this
    2. Needs more maps

Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.
    I praise Horrific Visions because I find it fun and because I do find it "all that great". Simple as that. I like running those visions.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.
    You're welcome to your opinion, but think about this: if "everyone is praising Visions" (as you claimed) except you... maybe, just maybe, you're the one who's wrong here?

They don't have much replayability.
    I actually think there is a decent amount of replayability. Get those masks, and start using one of them, or a combination of them, for a different experience.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content.
    In opinion, your bar for "good content" is kinda skewed, judging by what I read in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You dont even sound like you know what they are in the first place.
    I must not. I just was given into this rank 9 cloak.

Just because I find this type of design (increasing a difficulty by +1 over and over) lame doesn't mean I haven't run the content.

But I will take every opportunity to point out their tired design of content.
    Last edited by slime; 2020-02-11 at 04:56 PM.

Exactly. They can do anything they want to it. It's their right. It's also my right to bitch about it.
    It’s rather unhealthy relationship, don’t you think? Sometimes you just have to realize things aren’t going to be how you want them and just walk away. Go devote your time and energy into something you actually can enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I must not. I just was given into this rank 9 cloak.

Just because I find this type of design (increasing a difficulty by +1 over and over) lame doesn't mean I haven't run the content.

But I will take every opportunity to point out their tired design of content.
    So you take every opportunity to point out about things you know nothing about, nice!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Visions are great... when you can do them. I dunno about you guys but my main averages 4 vessels a week with my casual playstyle and it seems better to just save them all for one sitting. It's like 1hr of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tHe oNlY rEaSoN pEoPlE pRaIsEd MaGe tOwEr wAs bEcAuSe tHe rEsT oF tHe cOnTeNt wAs bAd
    I mean, that's not wrong.