Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not, just wait for Shadowlands and give it a try.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're serious you'll know the only way to win is not to play. It's a great passtime but that's all it'll ever amount to.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

It is pretty simple:

If you enjoyed BFA in 8.0 to 8.2 you won't mind the rest. You will likely have a lot of catching up to do on rep and essences, but if you enjoy it, there is no harm.

If you did not enjoy BFA up till now then you won't find many good things in 8.3. either and you probably should safe your money and spare our patience when you come back here and we get yet another thread about how bad BFA is.

8.3. is fun enough, some extra dailies to do, some new reps to farm, a new raid to run with the guild and the visions. I am having a good time, but I also did not hate the rest of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    A substantial number of people appear to not agree with you on that.
    Probably the same type of people that cried on the official forums about how hard Mage Tower was, and that they were owed the Artifact Appearance because they paid their subscription.
    Not probably, I'm sure of that

OT: If you can overcome the fact that you'll be several ranks behind the average player with your Leggo Cape, sure.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-02-11 at 01:24 PM.

The storys done, there are no more patches and everything you get will be replaced by levelling rewards in Shadowlands. So it depends how much of grind for the temporary dopamine rush is worth your time and money per month.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    When you have do them a fews time, it become a boring grind
    If you're just going for cloak upgrades, I have no doubt they are boring. If you actually push yourself as far as you can, and start adding masks on top of it...come back then, and tell me how they're "boring".
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

seeing how you're into raiding and what not, unless you have all the BIS essences already, you're in for a lot of timegated bullshit, as always with this shit expac

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Agreed so far. I'm finding myself eager to log on and work on stuff again.

- - - Updated - - -

The 'substantial number of people' whining on these forums amass to little more than a drop in the bucket of this game's player base.
    LMAO. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now. The game is dead as fuck.

to OP: It's not worth a resub. Every single thing you do in the game is tied to a time played metric. Expect anything you want to do to take long and be very monotonous. Azerite Gear with the RIGHT traits, time played metric. Corrupted gear with the RIGHT traits, time played metric. Pathfinder, time played metric. Allied Races, time played metric. World Quests, time played metric. Essences, time played metric. HoA grind to AT LEAST 75 for any guilds worth a damn, time played metric.

It's not enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    A small minority of baddies who don't like things being timed, so not a group worth caring about

- - - Updated - - -

It's more BFA, but getting gear and essences is easier than ever. Might be worth coming back so you can easily gear a toon and do all the things you wanted to do in BFA that you won't wanna do in shadowlands, but other than that the game is is still the same
    XD. When you're *this* delusional... Jesus H Christ.

Not really, but stay here and rant and be cynical together with me, it's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    XD. When you're *this* delusional... Jesus H Christ.

-Talks about other people being delusional
    -Is the most delusional person in this thread himself

Thanks for making my day.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post

-Talks about other people being delusional
    -Is the most delusional person in this thread himself

Thanks for making my day.
    Are you people like literally blind? Like can you NOT see how dead this game is? I mean I'm sure all you do is WQs and LFR, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

You : "The game is dead as fuck."

Also you : "When you're *this* delusional... Jesus H Christ."

Dear me.
    Yes, dear you. It's one thing to fan boy, but to be completely blind as to how fast this game has sunk is just... Wow.

If I wasn't in a guild and didn't have an active sub, I'd quit. I've only got one good corruption after running 40+ keys. I got it through raiding and downing content. My mage hasn't seen one corruption from assaults. I've done 20 plus keys and my ilvl is 449 because my rng sucks. I get nothing but bracers and goddamn pants.

I've timed 7 workshops and maybe ran 15 overall and still haven't seen bracers just pants... This game is just kind of unrewarding.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-02-11 at 02:47 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here's what happens in any "is it worth coming back" thread:

1. people say it's worth to return
    2. people say it's not worth to return

In other words you learn absolutely nothing of value. If you feel like playing some wow again, come back, if not, then don't. That's really all there is to it. It's not like you're committing a fortune to it, the sub is like 11$. That buger you ate yesterday was probably more expensive
    The one month sub is $16 after tax.

Nope, save yourself the trouble

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    IMO: If you did not enjoy WoW at the time EP came out, then you won't enjoy it now. Visions are somewhat fun, but are only available a few times a week, so nothing too fulfilling. Also the fun you can have with them depends on the class you are playing, some are fun, some are not. Especially casters are not that fun to play in a Vision. Also your funfactor may depend on whether you play them alone of with a group. Considering you ask MMOC, I assume you don't have a guild waiting for you atm.

Outside of Visions there is not really anything new. Essences are still there, TF was replaced by corruption (which some consider to be a change from bad to worse), M+ has nothing new, only a new kind of "skip" mechanic to play around with. There's rep grinding, daylies are back (which I also consider a downgrade from WQs). The new Raid is just that: a new Raid. Island expeditions and Warfronts are pretty much the same. Maintaining an alt got not better. Classes got no rework or even slight changes. So yeah. nothing new really.

Considering 8.2 had two new places with much more content than the recycled zones 8.3 introduced, I would not recommend returning now. I personally rate 8.3 lower than 8.2 and that patch seemed to bore you enough to leave the game.

tl,dr:
    If you are a caster, don't play the game.
    This is actually not the case at all, [B]some[B] casters may not have fun like mages, but I personally play ele and dh, and i enjoy my ele's runs thru just as much if not more than my dh. Use the ghoulash, learn cd management, manage the affixes and profit. Currently running 5 chests as both classes.

so my honest opinion is.. I personally think 8.3 is a great patch. the only problem would be that you have to do 8.2 content to enjoy 8.3 to the fullest IN MY OPINION. farming essences is very important if you care about min maxing your character.

By what measure do you say the game is dead? Do you have proof of this? Is a game dead simply because it has less players than it used to have?
    By being barren. If the game didn't have CRZ, even the highest populated realms would look like the open Nevada desert.

Coming back right now, imo would be pretty hard. Essence catch-up is still shitty. Not only that, you have to also catch up on the cloak. Most ppl now have their R3 Rep essences and most are bis. So, youll be behind there as well. If you just want to be casual, ide say come back. The content this patch is pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooble View Post
    Hey all, pretty simple question. I stopped playing pretty much around the time wow classic came out and Eternal Palace and lately i've been pretty bored. I was thinking about giving WoW another shot again(I've played since release and this is basically my first sub lapse.. Former hardcore raider and multi glad to give some background on the type of player i am).

Is it worth taking another look at the game and is there some good content to keep me satisfied for a while?
    Hell no, people will say Visions are fun which I agree but after a while they become easy and boring and having one of multiple features for an expansion be the only good thing about the patch doesn't make all of It good. Bfa In general In the grand scope of things now that the entirity of Bfa Is out the expansion is bad, I'd rather go play as a cat boi talking to crystal gods (ff14) and playing samurai than play WoW, atleast that story and gameplay makes sense and Is fun.

Wait until Shadowlands releases and see what people say about It, don't waste money on blizzard on BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I've personally found 8.3 to be the best patch of the expansion.

Visions are fun shit.
    That's like saying It's the best of the worst, It's shit but It's the least shit of the shittiest.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Again, do you have any proof of this?
    lmao what? Yes. Go into Org, hover over every person you see. Now take a picture, and blur out everyone not from your realm.

You'd be lucky to see 2 or 3 people left, even on Illidan (highest pop Horde realm) Out of the 100 there.