Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    8.3 by itself is pretty great. Visions in the capitals are great, the new season affix is fun, and the raid has some pretty cool fights.

The problem is if you haven't played much of 8.2, you're going to hate yourself trying to get essences. A couple of friends and I are swapping toons just because we're bored of our mains and the big thing most of us are annoyed with is doing the essence grind (again). If you can deal with that, I'd say give it a shot.

But it can be overwhelming.

I mean, it really depends on what $15.00 is to you. If you get 3 hours in a month to fuck around and see if you're interested, that's less than a movie ticket. I'd say check it out for yourself for $15, and then cancel if you're not about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    From someone who played the game since vanilla up to WoD (naturally took longer breaks here and there) I would say sure, give it a shot. I atleast enjoy it hell of alot more than that WoD and I'm pretty bummed that I missed Legion because of getting so fed up on WoW thanks to WoD that I actually thought I quit for good.
    Yes lol
    WoD was the one and only time I thought "I'll quit". Which I've actually did for some months.
    Orcs and time travel that was complete overkill
    Please no more orc expansions. Ever.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    On your mind. Right.

beating the floor on tantrum. Mhm...

I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing now, which is okay. Still means the game only looks alive because of CRZ.
    Actually not true, but hey! You’ll believe anything. So what does it matter ������

I think so, yeah.

But essence farming sucks... alot

If you like playing in the same two zones that existed since cata / MoP. over..and over...and over. By all means resub.

This patch is literal aids if I wasn't raiding I'd have quit long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now. The game is dead as fuck.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Focusing on how something is said, rather than what is being said - is what people who are wrong often do. Funny that
    I literally couldn't understand what he was trying to say. You keep assuming, it doesn't change the fact CRZ makes the game look alive.

I literally couldn't understand what he was trying to say. You keep assuming, it doesn't change the fact CRZ makes the game look alive.
    Well looking at pvp ladders and guilds that compete in raiding it's obvious, despite the old "the game is dead"-chestnut that has been used over and over again since the first expansion, the game is very much alive and will continue to be alive in some shape or form for a long time I predict.

Everyone has a right for their opinion about the game but saying it's dead/dying/whatever just makes you look stupid.

Repeating the same thing over and over is a symptom of delusion funnily enough
    As you are. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over over and expecting different results.

It ain't gonna change, babe.

I am not repeating myself though. You really aren't very good at this are you?
    How are you not? lol. You're expecting me to agree with you and/or side with you.

PS: I must be pretty good, you sure keep responding ^.^

Eh, hit or miss. It's okay but I'm just burned out this expansion.

I don't much care whether you agree with me or not, I'm still waiting for you to prove the game is dead as you so claim. You keep repeating the same line that does nothing to prove that. So yes, you really aren't good at this
    And neither are you.

I gave you facts, such as CRZ making the game look alive. It's not my fault YOU don't want to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooble View Post
    Hey all, pretty simple question. I stopped playing pretty much around the time wow classic came out and Eternal Palace and lately i've been pretty bored. I was thinking about giving WoW another shot again(I've played since release and this is basically my first sub lapse.. Former hardcore raider and multi glad to give some background on the type of player i am).

Is it worth taking another look at the game and is there some good content to keep me satisfied for a while?
    Subjective is subjective.

Resub for a month and immediately cancel the sub. If you enjoy the patch, re-activate.

Personally I think it's fine for a short time, but I wouldnt say I reccomend a 3-6 month commitment. The patch has it's fair share of problems, and it looks like its gonna be a long one.

You gave me your opinion, which is not a fact.

When you prove the game is dead, I shall admit you were right all along
    So it's my opinion that multiple realms were connected because the game was dying?
    So it's my opinion that sub numbers stopped getting released because the game was dying?
    So it's my opinion CRZ was added to make the game look alive because it was dying?
    So it's my opinion CRZ was enabled in CITIES because the game was dying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    What I can see is another squish before shadowlands

It it objectively true that the game has less players now than it did in wrath for example, that is not being argued, the original reason CRZ was added was to make old zones more populated, which makes sense - Blizzard obviously wants their massively multiplayer game to have lots of players on screen - the fact of the matter is WoW is still capable of having lots of players on your screen, regardless of which server they're from.

And it ebbs and flows, higher pop servers don't need to be merged/ have CRZ active - lower pop realms do -

please, tell me how any of this proves the game is dead?
    So you're taking dead in quite a literal sense, like completely dead.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the game is pretty dead, barren. A lot less people than during WotLK, Cata and even MoP.
    All of what I listed proves the game's population has dwindled quite far, being able to label it "dead" or "barren"

Oh - so it isn't dead? I'm glad you can admit you're wrong. And again, we don't know the current sub numbers - so we don't know the extent the sub numbers has dwindled to - it's not likely but there could be 10 million players, or it could have less than a million - we simply don't know, so any definitive conclusion (like the one you are making) is pointless

And calling it barren is completely subjective, I'd suggest changing server because it's not what I'm seeing

Anyway, you lose. Thanks for playing
    Because of CRZ.

It's not my fault you interpreted dead in a literal sense, consider mental treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Agreed so far. I'm finding myself eager to log on and work on stuff again.

- - - Updated - - -

The 'substantial number of people' whining on these forums amass to little more than a drop in the bucket of this game's player base.
    There are certainly a staggering amount of brown nosers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    There are certainly a staggering amount of brown nosers as well.
    When people have 5-15 years of invested time, money, and emotion....chances are they're going to be VERY resistant to any criticism or suggestion that the product they invested in isn't as good as it used to be.