Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    they are also stuck at a crossroad, yet again, and they keep dragging the horde there along with them XD.
    Yeah, that was a dumb brainfart.

Begging for them to redeem Syvlanas, or rather-- try. And I want to see the people who will eat it up and applaud Blizzard for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If Tyrande doesnt deliver the final blow on Sylvanas
    Azshara says hi.

Edited the OP.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    The fact the even Bwonsamdi, a neutral (and rather calm/chill) death god even wants her dead shows how far off the deep end she went. Now she's trying to kill him.
    If Danuser has his way, she'll probably succeed too
    I wouldn't bwomsamdi is really that chill or neutral for example shadows of the horde how he sided against mogu and zandalari just because of vol'jin as lei shen only sought finish "the work of gods" meaning titans.

Or how bwomsamdi was ready to let zul free g'huun or sided with horde during BoDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, that was a dumb brainfart.

Begging for them to redeem Syvlanas, or rather-- try. And I want to see the people who will eat it up and applaud Blizzard for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara says hi.
    honestly, i held my optimism till the almost the very end with BfA for the story. I kept hoping and hoping there would be some twist. Not just another warchief made out for a world ending crusade and then ousted. But now even with my crazy optimism i just dont even know.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Nah this is likely her last expansion her and Nathanos are done with the Jailer.

Ugh. No. Just...no. That bitch needs to die and go away forever in 9.0. Preferably in some meaningless intro quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not the hero we wanted, but the hero we deserved.

Sorry I can't resist. But maybe there are some truth in it!
    can also only agree.

"Sylvanas may be the new main character of WoW"
    *insert "NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOO" from The Office*
    "There is a hole, in a more ancient part of the mmo-champion forum. A pit where men are thrown to be forgotten. But sometimes a troll rises from the darkness. Sometimes, the hole sends something back... to make some pointless comment"

Tragic character? Misunderstood? Are we playing the same game?

Sylvanas is as blatantly hateful as it can get. She's not misunderstood, everyone very well understands her - she's a hateful, angry emo, who got killed because of her own dumbassery. And then, because her vanity is on the level of Azshara's, she deems everyone must meet her fate. No, people can't live in peace. ThIs WoRlD iS a PrIsOn. Yeah I'm sorry you weren't lucky, Sylvanas. Doesn't mean you have to murder basically everyone out of your pitiful spite.

I mean, yeah you collected some videos and tidbits from books, it all looks oh so great, but it doesn't mean shit. She's a very shallow character with possibly the most dumb motives, and the only reason she's still relevant is because Blizzard has a weird obsession with her. Take any competent writer and she dies at the end of Wotlk, fulfilling her otherwise pretty interesting arc. Now she's just a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    can also only agree.
    Maybe truth in what I was saying. Which is something we have said on the forums for ages now. Sylvanas the Redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Tragic character? Misunderstood? Are we playing the same game?

Sylvanas is as blatantly hateful as it can get. She's not misunderstood, everyone very well understands her - she's a hateful, angry emo, who got killed because of her own dumbassery. And then, because her vanity is on the level of Azshara's, she deems everyone must meet her fate. No, people can't live in peace. ThIs WoRlD iS a PrIsOn. Yeah I'm sorry you weren't lucky, Sylvanas. Doesn't mean you have to murder basically everyone out of your pitiful spite.
    she will be misunderstood in SL for sure.

Blizzard don't know what they actually wants. Whatever they planed on legion or bfa is long gone. Even if Sylvanas can end like hero ..or like villian. It's still weird. She was Horde character not some hero for everyone.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    There's a lot of exaggeration and speculation in that post. Her role in the next expansion is anything but clear.
    And no, the Void Lords don't fear her directly. They do perhaps fear her unleashing death on Azeroth; their best hope of creating a Void Titan that would win them the game of Cosmic Powers.

I'm sure Sylvanas will have some antagonistic role to play. Do I believe she will be redeemed? I love Blizzard, but they aren't capable of writing a story of that caliber. They've done all the predictable moves as of late. The community is great with speculation and tries to be 5 steps ahead of everything. But it all turns out to be amazing speculation and headcanon, with Blizzard just taking the simple path. Don't expect some huge twist. It's a 12+ action game, and will be written in that way.

She's not the hero or villain of the next expansion. That'll be the Jailer.
    I agree with this. Everytime we come up with very cool endings or paths leading up to that crucial moment in the expansion, it all ends in the most Obvious way or even worse. Like you said it's a 12 game, they will take the route most people understand what is going on and don't make it to complicated. Sometimes I wish there was more to a character, motivation or ending a storyline.

I mean she'll be killed in .1

Also i dont think her arc has been planned out all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    She is literally helping to feed WoW's version of hell every single soul that passes through into the Shadowlands. Sounds pretty fudgin' villainous to me.
    Remember, some Sylvanas fans have even gone as far as to try and blame Anduin for what she did. They will do anything to make her look like a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Remember, some Sylvanas fans have even gone as far as to try and blame Anduin for what she did. They will do anything to make her look like a hero.
    I've seen people blame Terenas for what she did.... because apparently he was not a good father, so Arthas turned into a psycho because of that, killed and turned Sylvanas into undead, and set in motion the events that would lead to the fall of Darnassus.

Terenas is the real villain!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I've seen people blame Terenas for what she did.... because apparently he was not a good father, so Arthas turned into a psycho because of that, killed and turned Sylvanas into undead, and set in motion the events that would lead to the fall of Darnassus.

Terenas is the real villain!
    it was Muradin.

he told him about Frostmourne

I want to believe. Alpha mothafuckin when

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    She's not getting this power up and feared by the Void Lords for no reason.
    Right, she's getting the power because the story is being written for her to do so.

She is the Black Knight/Batman of WoW. A misunderstood and tragic figure that is neither a hero or villain.

The machine of Death is broken since Legion and everyone who has died since has been pouring into the Maw. During that time, Sylvanas visited the Val'kyr Queen, Helya, to make a deal with her and later she attempted to bind Eyir to a mystical and mysterious latern.
    Except it wasn't. In Legion, there was no mention of "Hey we're not getting the souls" and even early in BfA when the Horde literally worked with a God of Death, Bwonsamdi, he even told us "Thanks for these souls you've gotten me" during the quests. If it wree broken since Legion, he wouldn't have received a single soul, and we know he was getting them, including King Rastakhan's soul. In the quest between Rezan and Bwonsamdi, he points out "Long time you been keepin' this one from me, long, long time. I'll be denied no further." When Rastakhan dies, he doesn't cry out how he lost the soul, he embraces the soul he acquired.

Let's take a look here again at who died but the main three: Varian, Vol'jin, and Tirion. Think about it, how would Tirion, such a powerful paladin even with the Ashbringer succumb to Krosus' might even with the blade meant to destroy Undead and Demons? How would Vol'jin be snuck up behind by some rookiee felguard and just stabbed eloquently enough to make the strike lethal to make his Troll regeneration useless to save him? ..More importantly WHY did Vol'jin arrive by boat instead of airship? Wouldn't it be smart to have the Warchief of the Horde fight against the High King of the Alliance? Well who was sent in his stead?
    The airboats were riding into battle together, the Horde and Alliance were not in opposition at this point, in fact they were actively working together to repel the legion. Who was on what ship is fairly irrelevant, they all were headed to the same point. In fact Sylvanas actively jumps to a crashing Alliance airship to help Varian fight an infernal, fighting side by side. Furthermore she saved him several times during the fighting. Varian ends up sacrificing himself to take out a Fel Reaver to prevent it from destroying Alliance lives, including Genn. This meant he was essentially left, by his own orders, to fight a fight he knew he probably couldn't survive against.

Shortly before, but around the same time, the Horde were up a hill fighting against, and I can't explain this enough since you're severely underplaying it, hundreds to thousands of invading minions of the legion. In the cinematic, they're being flanked on all sides as well as felbats swooping in and around everything. Thrall is down on the ground, Sylvanas is actually showing some emotion as she's flustered, and Voljin, while giving orders, lets his guard down long enough for a Felguard (who you conveniently call a rookie with no basis) to stab him in the chest, you know, where 99.9% of races keep their vital organs. Troll regeneration isn't some magic "You never die" button. Also, Fel has this weird trait of basically being poison.

As for Tirion, a Holy melee weapon doesn't exactly do much for you when you're being held by magic energies 40 ft away from your nearest target and you then also take a breath blast of pure fel energy right to the face.

Saurfang after being nearly morally wounded by Sylvanas gains enough adrenaline to continue fighting to expose Sylvanas as she truly is but not only that he is beginning to expose her motives to everyone:
    I wouldn't exactly call four relatively shallow cuts as she toys with him "nearly mortally wounded." Considering we see several of the cuts and they're not deep or bleeding, it's not like they were life threatening, ignoring the obvious void / shadowy corruption included in them.

Again, Sylvanas is a calculative person and someone who plots in the shadows. To have herself exposed out like this to Horde she had no choice but to tell them they are nothing -- In the grand scheme of all things. At least not yet.

Again, Sylvanas is -ALWAYS- 50 steps ahead of everyone. "Saurfang may have ended the war prematurely". Sylvanas always had this in mind to leave the Horde, reveal that both factions in the grand scheme of everything that they are nothing for what is to come.

Sylvanas shows a hint of her emotional side, something we rarely see but it's very subtle.
    She may be calculative, but she's got one major flaw as well; she's impulsive and emotional, something we see fairly often frankly. Having ulterior motives isn't really "being 50 steps ahead" either, it's playing a different game entirely. She wanted as many deaths as possible, leaving the Horde was in opposition of that, no matter when. She wanted a strong Horde, one that was willing to kill, kill, kill, and take as much as possible.

No, she's not the Main Character. We are. We always have been...

Ever since we first logged in.