Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Agreed. Seeing all the lock-mogs jumping around like spring bunnies in heat constantly for those overrated wings is annoying, so the cloaks should cosmetically pop as well.

OT: No. Challenge content, like the pvp seasonal things, should not be made available later. The quest and encounter (like mage tower), sure, why not, there are some things I'd like to play through, but re-adding things that were supposed to be a challenge with a nice reward in -current- content should stay as is.

There are old things I'd like that were removed, but such is life.
    I'd agree with this if Blizz wasn't so hypocritical by adding 'removed' stuff to BMAH to be bought with gold.

BUT NOT EVERYTHING. Just what they deem fit to bring back.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'd agree with this if Blizz wasn't so hypocritical by adding 'removed' stuff to BMAH to be bought with gold.

BUT NOT EVERYTHING. Just what they deem fit to bring back.
    Yeah, blissfully forgot about the BMAH... :/

This is an incredibly petty reason to be upset with Blizzard. It's okay for things to be unobtainable.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is an incredibly petty reason to be upset with Blizzard. It's okay for things to be unobtainable.
    It's not, because it's one less incentive for the new player to play the game, and the reason to remove stuff ("prestige" for weird players and the fear of missing out the reward) isn't worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not, because it's one less incentive for the new player to play the game, and the reason to remove stuff ("prestige" for weird players and the fear of missing out the reward) isn't worth that.
    But you wanting the reward is literally fear of missing out.... lol.

And your argument amount new players is ridiculous. I could easily say the opposite, and say it's one more reason to entice a new player to play the game so he/she can get cool gear that may be unobtainable in the future (which is equally ridiculous).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    If we're at it, can we put all seasonal PVP Elite rewards back in as well?
    I'd love to get my hands on some set variants that I am unable to currently get.
    I don't even have the audacity to ask for it in exchange for Marks of honor (although that's what they should be worth).
    I'd try to get them while struggling as much as those who got it during some past season. (attaining that required rating).
    There's your content right there, Blizzard.

After an expansion ended, (currently) bosses still drop elite gear from past mythic raids, for FREE, like it makes any sense this way...
    My stance on those is the same as with PvE items. If they want to preserve the prestige of the item (which is understandable), use them as evergreen options for high-end play in addition to new options as time goes by, like the vicious saddles.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Why?
    Does exclusivity make your peepee hard?
    Why do you care about my... you know what.
    Anyway... yes i want my rare items/titles be exclusive now.
    'If everybody is legendary then nobody is legendary'.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    The cloak was easy to get and a reward from looking for raid but mythic raid tier sets are still earnable in game. Years after the content is a joke.
    Sounds like 'i did not get the cloack back then so i want it now for free' to me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Stop trying to time gate or gate keep over joke content.
    Again - where do you see 'time gating' here? I think you do not know meaning of this phrasal verb...

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    If mythic raider mounts and tier sets being availble to everyone doesn't annoy you this shouldn't.
    Many of the titles/achievements (like server firsts or 'Immortal' title) are no longer avaiable.
    Oh wait... some mounts are no longer here too like phoenixes in MoP or Old School Ride ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only Blizzard was consistent in the things they do remove and the things they intend to keep in the game forever.
    Their reasoning is also very dependant on the subject.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

Sounds like 'i did not get the cloack back then so i want it now for free' to me bro.

Again - where do you see 'time gating' here? I think you do not know meaning of this phrasal verb...

Many of the titles/achievements (like server firsts or 'Immortal' title) are no longer avaiable.
    Oh wait... some mounts are no longer here too like phoenixes in MoP or Old School Ride ones.
    Content in the game > you feeling special .

Also its an old and at the time freely available legendary so its not like anyone actually cares if you have it.

This just seems to be you not being able to let go on past victories. Which is a little sad.

I wish they had never taken it out. It continued the story where leveling left off and held it together through the patches. Without it you miss important lore and storytelling in a game that Blizzard keeps trying to insist that has an actual important story that you must know and experience in order to properly share the world with other players.

Or at least that's their justification for making new accounts level through BFA in Shadowlands. But if we're honest, they just say whatever is most convenient for them at any given time to shut people up about their design choices. If this were true, the cloak and ring quests would still be there available for everyone to experience whether they're new players or people looking to enjoy them again on alts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're wrong.
    Am not.

Nathanos, burn down their tree.

Dude, it's OK. I don't need you to think that I'm better than you. We don't even know each other. You don't need to drool over all my amazing gear, I just wish you could get it all for yourself as well. It's just a game, I don't play it to feel special or "legendary".

it should be do-able, and anything else, mounts, raids,dungeons, etc should be added back
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Agreed, especially the ring quest for WoD.

Mist's storyline still works without the Wrathion questline, but WoD's storyline (which was already laughably bad) is a complete shit show when you don't have the Ring quest tying it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Nobody understood why they removed it in the first place. It was a stupid and pointless decision.
    That's not true, everybody knew why they did it. They wanted to exploit people's FOMO to get them to resubscribe during the content drought.

You're right, I didn't get the cloak because I was to busy heroic raiding and getting 2k+ in pvp. I've beat rank 1 with the cloak. I don't want it removed because it mindless and a time sink. I called it time gated because it was a reward for time put in rather than skill and those should never be removed. Things like mythic appearances, pvp appearances, and achievements should be removed before the cloak is removed. It was brain dead. I don't enjoy "do you have a pulse system that blizzard adds to their game". My cloak on live is still rank 5 despite the fact, I have 95% parses for ilvl because, I don't enjoy check in system or chore list.

If your ok with mythic appearances being removed form the game along with the cloak we can see eye to eye. Otherwise that shit is hypocritical.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-02-12 at 02:23 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

bUt mUh lOrE

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    That's not true, everybody knew why they did it. They wanted to exploit people's FOMO to get them to resubscribe during the content drought.
    Not just that, but also they wanted to reinforce the FOMO for any potential future events. Don't ever unsub, kids. You might miss something that you'll never be able to get again!

You can see it with things like the mage tower and MoP challenge dungeons, certain Legion legendary skins, etc.

It's all just there to keep people logging in, and has nothing to do with making the game better.

They removed it so that you would be subscribed at the period of time the quest line was currently active, even though the expansion was on it's last sprint.

Now you got other incentives.