Quest order BfA alliance

Hi,
    a friend of mine is a bit late to the "party" and want to play BfA. He is only interested in the story elements, gearing does not interest him at all.
    My question is now: Is there some overview that shows the canonically correct order of the alliance quests?
    I am asking because it would be really weird to finish the war campaign when canonically Jaina is still missing, the Kul Tiran fleet is still held captive etc.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Just make sure to finish the zones before you do anything in the war campaign beyond establishing the initial footholds (which IIRC pop at 110, 114 and 118)

The campaign itself should be gated properly otherwise, so that eg. you cannot do the 8.1 campaign before finishing the 8.0 one.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-02-10 at 11:14 PM.

I might be wrong here, but AFAIK you can e.g. immediately start nazjatar, when you hit 120, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I might be wrong here, but AFAIK you can e.g. immediately start nazjatar, when you hit 120, no?
    You can do Nazjatar as soon as you hit 120.

Finish it in order of patch release and you should be fine. All zones are largely self-contained for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Correct. I would recommend finishing up the zones first, then completing the Pride of Kul Tiras. Next do the War Campaign

1. Complete zones, Zandalar footholds up to the point where you earn the achievement [Ready for War]. This the end of the 8.0 War Campaign

2. Next do Pride of Kul Tiras which begins with a quest [What You May Regret] from Genn Greymane

3. Complete the 8.1 War Campaign which starts with [The Calm Before] and ends with [As The Dust Settles]

4 a. Continue the 8.1.5 War Campaign which begins with [Loose Ends]

4 b. Complete the 8.1.5 N'zoth quest that begins with the Azsharan Medalion that drops from the WQ - Naga Attack!

5. Begin the Nazjatar questline which begins with [The Wolf's Offensive]

6. Work through the Nazjatar questline untii you hit the quest [A Brief Respite] which will continue the 8.2 War Campaign story

7. Finish the 8.2.5 storyline which begins with [The Eve of Battle] from Shaw on the Wind's Redemption

8. Continue the finale with the 8.3 storyline [An Unwelcome Advisor]

I skipped Mechagon but that should give your friend the blue prints to experience the Alliance story in chronological order so it makes the most sense. Hope it helps and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Correct. I would recommend finishing up the zones first, then completing the Pride of Kul Tiras. Next do the War Campaign

1. Complete zones, Zandalar footholds up to the point where you earn the achievement [Ready for War]. This the end of the 8.0 War Campaign

2. Next do Pride of Kul Tiras which begins with a quest [What You May Regret] from Genn Greymane

3. Complete the 8.1 War Campaign which starts with [The Calm Before] and ends with [As The Dust Settles]

4 a. Continue the 8.1.5 War Campaign which begins with [Loose Ends]

4 b. Complete the 8.1.5 N'zoth quest that begins with the Azsharan Medalion that drops from the WQ - Naga Attack!

5. Begin the Nazjatar questline which begins with [The Wolf's Offensive]

6. Work through the Nazjatar questline untii you hit the quest [A Brief Respite] which will continue the 8.2 War Campaign story

7. Finish the 8.2.5 storyline which begins with [The Eve of Battle] from Shaw on the Wind's Redemption

8. Continue the finale with the 8.3 storyline [An Unwelcome Advisor]

I skipped Mechagon but that should give your friend the blue prints to experience the Alliance story in chronological order so it makes the most sense. Hope it helps and enjoy
    That is exactly what i was looking for, thank you very much.