Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    WOD was the most casual/alt-friendly xpack in Wow's history. At least after release of 6.2, when all that flying removal nonsense had gone away. That was more than enough for me. Strange thing. Xpack, that had the least amount of content -> the biggest activity during xpack for me. I've never consumed whole xpack's content before that time.
    Of course it'll be super alt friendly when there's no content in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD had good raids but was piss poor with only 2 tiers, Highmaul was trash. BRF & HFC were good.

So far enjoyed all of BFAs raids, bar maybe Uldir being a bit lame. Currently very much enjoying progressing through Ny'alotha.

WoD was my favorite expansion actually so this is an easy yes for me. I didn't like the path WoW took after Legion tbh. But that's just me. I only cared about raiding on multiple characters so WoD was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Yes but outside of raiding there was nothing. And even in terms of raiding it was a whole raid short than most expansions on average with only 3.
    this is still better than hardcore grinding,
    i did my 14 hours maw daily and my 900+ islands and even pvp for the first time in 15 years (and I hate pvp by far the most on this list) hell i get ptsd by only writing the word maw.

Gating player power behind a massive grind was blizzs biggest mistake so far even for casuals...
    I can not imagine that a casual like to do the same quest he got for the 500th time to empower hes neck by 250 ap.
    I.O BFA Season 3

WoD was better. At least later in the expac, they made mission tables extremely lucrative, which did a lot to make up for the lack of content. BFA has nothing really going for it beyond the nice work of the art team in making such lovely (if at times annoying) zones.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Rose tinted glasses. Anything people complain about BfA was worse in legion. First expansion that made me quit.
    BfA made everything worse except titanforging. It's a reason why its a WoD vs BfA here and there. Don't let any bias tell you other wise. Legion gave players purpose, something BfA have failed on except Essences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly take WoD back tbh.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

WoD killed arms warrior mid-addon as far as I remember and only two raid tiers. I found it horrible. That addon was the reason I stopped playing until Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    WoD was better. At least later in the expac, they made mission tables extremely lucrative, which did a lot to make up for the lack of content. BFA has nothing really going for it beyond the nice work of the art team in making such lovely (if at times annoying) zones.
    Mission tables did not make up for lack of content what? It took 20-30s top per character to farm the mission table for gold. There is no excuse for the lack of content in WoD because of that it will remain the worst expac of all time. Blizz please dont try and beat it.

- - - Updated - - -

Rose tinted glasses. Anything people complain about BfA was worse in legion. First expansion that made me quit.
    Legion is arguable the best expansion of all time for WoW. There was a great story, class identity was at its peak since Vanilla and there was a purpose to what we did. Having a Raid and patch where we go on the offensive against the big bad first was awesome. Sucks they were like fuck your artifact weapons they are now worthless tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Mostly becouse of LFR. My main motivation to push raiding was to experience content what kinda disapeared in moment LFR was released. Even tho doing mythic is more fun i just cant justifi all that effort put into mythic raiding just to see exact same bosses as i do in lfr which takes just pressing of 1 button.
    I really do not understand this. LFR is there. LFR is optional. So if people did not like how easy LFR is, there are other options. There are higher difficulties. Why is this being considered as a problem when is an option and primary for people that otherwise would not be able to raid.

Is making choices that difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Im curious how people can actually like legion

From my perspective;
    1)They destroyed litterly every class and then fixed them through a silly artifact weapon(jeej) they said they would get rid of them end of expansion, so how will they fix our broken classes?
    I don't get why you are saying this is Legion's fault? It's the devs that haven't done a good enough job to fix the classes in BfA. With legendaries and the artifact weapon classes felt good. Though that's just comparing opinions. BfA failed with class design, to blame Legion for that isn't right when they didn't fix the specs in BfA. Not to mention the GCD change that was the real killer. I think it is a fundamental flaw to blame Legion for class design in BfA when they should have fixed it, for BfA.
    2) offspeccs were litterly not a thing for most the expansion cycle
    It was definitely rough the first 6 months. But after that I can't see how it was an issue with all the catch up mechanics. But if I were to say one thing BfA did better it was indeed that AP counts for all the specs.

3) alts pretty much a no go for most of the duration
    Easier in Legion than in BfA really. I know there was issues within the player base, especially in the start, but where you think it's an issue, I think doing the effort on alts is good. Especially seeing every spec got their own weapon to upgrade and to get stuff from. Not to mention all the different class halls. Legion got a lot of replayability, one of Legion's strength. To do stuff on your alts was awesome in Legion where they both played better overall and got more content to do. The AP farm really started to lose it's toll already in Nighthold. What do BfA have that's good for alts?
    4) class halls; lackluster concept
    Hard disagree here. Class Halls where more what Garrison should have been. Not to mention it came with the story nicely and it meant that you had different stuff to do on your alts as well. Everything was nicely integrated in Legion's theme, BfA is all over the place. And BfA really is all over the place, when it comes to story and content.
    5) raids, nighthold realy good, rest were pretty boring and most bosses mechanicly felt the same and the layout was all so fel and shit it felt realy moody
    Nighthold was awesome., Emerald Nightmare was for sure much better than both Uldir and Highmaul before that. ToS not so good, when we are on the subject 7.2 was pretty bad. Both 8.2 and 8.3 was/is better content wise than 7.2. Antorus was good too. But the colors... It was time for something else. Battle of Dazar'alor is one of my favorite raids.
    6) dungeons, well that was the good part.
    Yep, best set of dungeons ever. Court of Stars was so good. Easily best dungeon in WoW.
    7) mage tower, pretty bad and sad for tanks, kite challenge was to easy. Imp melee one was cool, healer just lol.
    Mage Tower was awesome. What ilvl where you when you did them?
    8) introduction of m+ neither a good or bad concept
    Seeing how good in was received both on forums and in game I would say it's one of the best thing they have done ever in the game. Not gonna say it was universally well received, but it was pretty good. I loved it myself. Spammed it everyday. CoS and MoS for the most part. For some reason though, people seem to like it less now. I guess it mostly because of the dungeons in BfA. Which I also is not nearly as good as those in Legion.
    9) wq, we all love them.
    I do like them, much better than dailies. I like that you can do the emissary whenever you want within a 3 day period. You don't have that with dailies.
    10) to many rewards which felt any item you get mend nothing, as their was always a better one pretty much.
    Agree. It's the same in BfA, even worse I would argue because of more sources of gear. But it comes with what Tradu said earlier, it's there to offset the amount of gear we can get. Even Ion himself said that in an interview or some patch thingy a while back.
    11) legendaries were rhe worst thing EVER
    I loved the Legendaries. And it seems that the worst thing with it was the acquisition, and of course, that's valid. But the legendaries themselves was great. I made a new main in november 2016. When Nighthold came out I had maxed my artifact(the first iteration) and gotten 10 leggos for my spec. I just had so much fun with the dungeons, mythic + and raids with my Marksman Hunter which was so fun I didn't care one bit about my alts for several months. From November 2016 and all the way until 7.2 it was the most fun I've had in the game since TBC.

Overall legion was a D at best lol
    It's S tier for me.
    Legion paved the way of the future of wow and it looks silly,

Bfa tried to fix alot, and broke other things in the process sadly. But i dindt expect them to fix so many silly mechanics legion brought
    Strange that people like Legion a lot more than both WoD and BfA then. Legion was made to make WoW great again and it's pretty clear they went all in on that. Which is something that was both bad and good. Because where do they go from there? They tried in BfA but Azerite Armor failed, Warfront and Islands was not the success they hoped for and they even had to add essence in because they did mistakes with Azerite Armor. It's almost like they tried to hard to make BfA like Legion but they just couldn't do it. I think they will simplify the end game system in Shadowlands, but we'll see. I do hope they focus on quality like Legion than the low ball quantity we got in BfA. Legion gave us both, which is pretty unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Yeah exacly; legion was the first time in 15 years I quit, came back in 8.2 in bfa and sure as hell like it more then i did then. Luckly im not the only one that notices it lol
    But there are only a few of you. How people could not like Legion is my question. Why would anyone like BfA content more than Legion? :P

Don't get me wrong, people like what they like. You like BfA better, I like Legion better, that's how it is right. I like some parts of BfA as well, and really not one of those who think it's trash. But you asked why people would like Legion, there was my answer :>

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    BfA made everything worse except titanforging. It's a reason why its a WoD vs BfA here and there. Don't let any bias tell you other wise. Legion gave players purpose, something BfA have failed on except Essences.
    Nah dude.
    Worse in legion:
    Artifact & AP was waaaaaaay worse, per spec, overpowered. Partially fixed in BfA
    Legiondaries - THE worst system in entire wow history. Fixed in BfA
    Tier sets - pinnacle of retardness with 2+4sets. Azerite gear is much better
    Order hall missions - free gold for everyone. My alts were used exclusively to make me a free gold. I never left order hall with couple of them after finishing required questlines. FIXED in bfa, finally

Story & zones are subjective
    Raids and dungeons are as always good.

The only worse thing about BfA is corruption gear but not even nearly as bad as legiondaries (as you will get them all sooner than later).

And don't even try to lie about Legion being alt friendly, nowhere near as close to alt friendliness as BfA.

Legion gave players A CARROT ON A STICK and forced them to run shit content in hope of getting legiondaries.
    Forced raiders to do "free M+ boosts".

Played the full extent of every expansion except for WoD and BFA... the question is what did I play longer? I honestly can't remember but they are both equally awful

Nah dude.
    Worse in legion:
    Artifact & AP was waaaaaaay worse, per spec, overpowered. Partially fixed in BfA
    Legiondaries - THE worst system in entire wow history. Fixed in BfA
    Tier sets - pinnacle of retardness with 2+4sets. Azerite gear is much better
    Order hall missions - free gold for everyone. My alts were used exclusively to make me a free gold. I never left order hall with couple of them after finishing required questlines. FIXED in bfa, finally

Story & zones are subjective
    Raids and dungeons are as always good.

The only worse thing about BfA is corruption gear but not even nearly as bad as legiondaries (as you will get them all sooner than later).

And don't even try to lie about Legion being alt friendly, nowhere near as close to alt friendliness as BfA.

Legion gave players A CARROT ON A STICK and forced them to run shit content in hope of getting legiondaries.
    Forced raiders to do "free M+ boosts".
    BFA has the same AP grind as Legion, only that BFA reduces the amount of AP gained instead of multiplying your gain.
    And Azerite gear is per specc as well. Not much changed from Legion.

Tier Sets > Azerite gear in every shape and form. I get my T-Set and be done with it. With Azerite gear I have to farm specific pieces to get the traits I want.
    Also, T-Sets gave you additional bonuses on top of you getting max level talents. Azerite traits are literally your missing talents you didn't get for being 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    this is still better than hardcore grinding,
    i did my 14 hours maw daily and my 900+ islands and even pvp for the first time in 15 years (and I hate pvp by far the most on this list) hell i get ptsd by only writing the word maw.

Gating player power behind a massive grind was blizzs biggest mistake so far even for casuals...
    I can not imagine that a casual like to do the same quest he got for the 500th time to empower hes neck by 250 ap.
    Casuals realised you don't have to brain dead grind shit day in and out. That even with the bare minimum (1 emissary a day.) you do enough to kill a boss mathmatically fine on mythic.

Trust me: there is no "rose tinted glasses" for me regarding Legion. I liked that expansion when it was current, and I still like it now. It ranks 3rd best expansion for me, at least. I had one hell of a good time playing Legion. The first expansion in which I leveled the most alts, and made most my alts raid-geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Casuals realised you don't have to brain dead grind shit day in and out. That even with the bare minimum (1 emissary a day.) you do enough to kill a boss mathmatically fine on mythic.
    If you troll at least try something less obvious
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    BFA has the same AP grind as Legion, only that BFA reduces the amount of AP gained instead of multiplying your gain.
    False, not only you don't have to farm AP PER SPECIALIZATION but also it has basically a hardcap + softcap. Artifact did not have any hardcap.
    And because it's not that powerful like legion artifact, you don't need to farm it for so long. You will be fine with 3xM islands a week.

And Azerite gear is per specc as well. Not much changed from Legion.
    False, you can reforge traits or acquire duplicates. Tier sets did not have any vendor at all and were unavailable for mythic+ players unless they also did raid.

Tier Sets > Azerite gear in every shape and form.
    False. Tier sets were worse in every aspect except for visuals. Tho this can be fixed by having ensembles like in trial of valor.

I get my T-Set and be done with it. With Azerite gear I have to farm specific pieces to get the traits I want.
    Also, T-Sets gave you additional bonuses on top of you getting max level talents. Azerite traits are literally your missing talents you didn't get for being 120.
    Nope, you get specific ones from a raid and on top of that you can buy them from vendor.
    Azerite traits are not your missing talents, they are a bonus on top of what you class gives.

Lying? Well thats true for me and a few guildies. One who had 12 alts in Legio got zero now because he needs to the the essence stuff and all that. Not that I agree with him or some of the others on that particularly, casuals..

But I had 14 alts in Legion and did the Legendary campaign FoS. You know why? Because the alts had proper content, artifact provided(the content it gave) so much replayability while the classes themselves played so much better than now. And that is the real issue with BfA. Why do the farm when the content for your alts is boring. And I have tried that argument too on some of my guildies, but they say nope, its so much grind.

So in essence(pun) I do kind of agree with you somewhat. I just know for me that good content with replayability makes me play alts more. I had 14 when we reached 7.3.5, I did level up so many in AV now that I have 17 at 120, but only play 7 of them actively. In Legion I also had 2 of the same class for 3 of the classes(mage, holy palla and MM hunter) one each for the two faction and did lots of stuff on both because everything was so much more fun then.

But hey thats me. To me alt friendlyness doesn't only mean how easy they are to power up, but how good the content is made for them. It matters even more, and Legion was just so much better. Replayability is probably the most important part in a MMO.

Absolutely. I miss it every day of my life. Truly a masterpiece. I'm 100% serious.

WOD was better than BFA by far.