Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump's butt buddies never removed him from office...so yes, he can still pardon Stone.
    Unless NY state wants a piece of him.
    I think they are waiting for the pardon to go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think they are waiting for the pardon to go after him.
    This is what's bothering me right now about this...Trump fully has the right to pardon someone and while it will cause a disturbance is far enough away from the general to make it an issue.

This on the other hand looks 500 times worse as now you have broken the invisible wall between the DOJ and White House and now gave a reason to make it an independent agency down the road.

Why on earth didn't Trump wait until the verdict was handed out then just say "unfair...to long...pardon him"...

Is this the Judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something that not even mobster Al Capone had to endure? How did she treat Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just asking!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...855976449?s=19

Jeezus! He is attacking a federal judge on a case that he has ties with. At best just saying this about any case as President is awful.

Oh btw the judge has not made a Sentencing recommendation yet. Still 9 days away.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Barr is a truly awful person, wow.

But cheer up guys and gals: the GoP will find their moral center. Ya know, once there's a Democrat in the White House...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    If you speak the truth, Trump will destroy your career, if you constantly lie, he will try to save you.

Also, any ideas on a new name for the Department of "Justice"?
    /s

Ministry of Propaganda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The Rule of Law has been shit for awhile. The rich and powerful are protected regardless of political affiliation. We have more then enough evidence to prove they tend to get reduced sentencing. Hell even Pelosi pretty much said it was more prudent to go after Trump asking for dirt for a political rival over a President and his Cabinet lying to the American people and Congress to get into an perpetual war.
    I don't know where you got it, but before you spread it around any more, you should be aware that's a Kremlin-brand talking point you've got there - those things are known to be toxic to democracy and rational thought, so you may want to be careful with it in the future.

The status-quo in the United States is far from perfect, even by America's flawed standards, but it is a far better thing than anything Trump, his co-conspirators, and the nihilistic oligarchs backing them are capable of - the idea that "they all do it", which implicitly normalizes Trump's chaos and corruption while simultaneously dismissing America's freedoms, rule of law, tolerance, achievements, and long history of working democracy is something straight out of Vladimir's Putin's playbook (or the playbook of his century-plus of Chekist predecessors). The United States is at a uniquely vulnerable moment in history, and over the next year, Americans will see a concentrated effort (orchestrated by Russia's ruling apparatus) to take advantage of it, not simply by re-electing Trump, but by maximizing American's distrust in themselves and their institutions - institutions that are human, and flawed, because they are the products of a huge representative government. But make no mistake, what you're going to see is not going to be honest criticism, offered up with good intent - it is political polonium, intended to turn Americans against themselves and ensure that whatever happens in November, America is weaker (to the benefit of Russia's ruling class, and other criminal tyrants, like the Saudi dictators, or Trump himself). Don't fall for it! Americans are going to have a choice (even if it won't be as free or fair as it should be), and its going to be a very simple binary one: do you want to be a representative democracy, with rule of law, and respect for human rights? Or do you want to be Russia 2.0? Because that is the only goddamned choice you're going to get, and if you fuck it up (again, with or without Russian help) you, your children, and the world are going to be paying a terrible price for your mistakes.

Good luck, America. (You're going to need it.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Remember guys Trump totally learned his lesson from impeachment and will behave /s
    He factually did learn the lesson. The lesson is that he can do anything up to and including shooting someone on Fifth Avenua and the GOP will cover for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Crime Syndicate of Amerika

Department of Crime?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

You should all read :

This and this

As a primer.

America seems to join the long line of failed democracies. Another shining example of how democracy cannot survive if reichlings are not dealt with one way or another.

Enjoy the pseudo dictatorship while it's still in transition phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So Trumpkins who were upset about Bill Clinton talking to Loretta Lynch saying he was trying to influence the investigation, I'm sure are upset that him and Barr are influencing an investigation, well actually a sentencing.

You are mad right? Right?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So Trumpkins who were upset about Bill Clinton talking to Loretta Lynch saying he was trying to influence the investigation, I'm sure are upset that him and Barr are influencing an investigation, well actually a sentencing.

You are mad right? Right?
    These are the same morons who scream about the deep state while ignoring Trump pulling shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    This is what's bothering me right now about this...Trump fully has the right to pardon someone and while it will cause a disturbance is far enough away from the general to make it an issue.

This on the other hand looks 500 times worse as now you have broken the invisible wall between the DOJ and White House and now gave a reason to make it an independent agency down the road.

Why on earth didn't Trump wait until the verdict was handed out then just say "unfair...to long...pardon him"...
    If Trump had any brains and strategy he would have acted rationally these last three years, he is reacting on impulse like he always does. Frankly if democrats were good at advertising Trump wouldn't be able to get away with this type of shit all the way until the general election. I mean republicans held up the Benghazi talking point for years yet democrats can't seem to be able to tie their shoelaces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ministry of Propaganda?
    that is fox news, it would be a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Consigliere

Consigliere
    Legion of Doom

i just dont understand man, how did so many people decide they hated democracy and loved russia and donald trump "because they had to trigger the libs" Like hillary wasnt even that PC she kicked BLM protestors out of her event for fucks sake! And even if she was PC, whats worst, hillary telling you to be nice and use kind words, or destroying our government institutions to gain more power? honestly i dont understand the people on this forums who said " my biggest issue is PoLiTiCaL CoReCtNeSs" So they ssupport trump the bgigest triggered snowflake crybaby in the fucking universe.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i just dont understand man, how did so many people decide they hated democracy and loved russia and donald trump "because they had to trigger the libs" Like hillary wasnt even that PC she kicked BLM protestors out of her event for fucks sake! And even if she was PC, whats worst, hillary telling you to be nice and use kind words, or destroying our government institutions to gain more power? honestly i dont understand the people on this forums who said " my biggest issue is PoLiTiCaL CoReCtNeSs" So they ssupport trump the bgigest triggered snowflake crybaby in the fucking universe.
    Current GOP and their supporters finally found away to be ruled like they always wanted to be. As long as they can feel better than 'the others™" they are more than happy to kneel down and serve.
    It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Current GOP and their supporters finally found away to be ruled like they always wanted to be. As long as they can feel better than 'the others™" they are more than happy to kneel down and serve.
    It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic
    Exactly, conservative pieces of shit always have wanted to be subjugated and worship a king. US conservatism was founded against the rebellion of King George in the colonies. The civil war was instigated because conservatives didn't want to lose their fiefdoms akin to the nobles and the king during that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i just dont understand man, how did so many people decide they hated democracy and loved russia and donald trump "because they had to trigger the libs"...
    Approximately zero people decided this. Thinking that this is what your political opponents think is a real failure to engage with their positions.