Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.
    The same can be said of the people that just complains. Why are you right and they are wrong?

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.
    For so long? Have you been playing all that time? Why? One needs to ask what makes you kept playing for so long for something so boring. If you did not play, then your view is entirely based on other's opinion, which is based on their experience. Not yours.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.
    So spend your time and money elsewhere. You do not have to play this game. Find something else more worthy your time. Maybe you have. Maybe this is what you prefer to do. Complain about a boring game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've gotten the Ivory Cloud Serpent, the Uldum Alpaca, and Xindao so far - still working on the Shadowbarb Drone (probably have a few days to go), Ishak, and the others.
    Ah yeah, the Alpaca I got as well. Got the lasso but then we have my patience to wait for the dragon to spawn...

No way.
    This is EASILY the best PVE of the entire expansion in my mind.
    The world content is much much better than its ever been on a macro level, thanks to the assault concept. The dailies suck though, but barely needed other than rep.

Meanwhile the seasonal affix is the best thing that has ever happened to keys. Truly amazing.
    And this is easily my favorite raid of the expansion.
    I really liked Dazaralor too, but this raid is just so unique. Every fight is simple yet needs to be mastered.
    We cleared 11/12 heroic in one night tonight and it was the most fun I've had to date this expansion for sure.

And still, if Visions weren't so locked down I would be doing them around the clock.

This patch has amazing quality, just poor quantity.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tHe oNlY rEaSoN pEoPlE pRaIsEd MaGe tOwEr wAs bEcAuSe tHe rEsT oF tHe cOnTeNt wAs bAd
    Nobody ever said this.

Though, mage tower was bad because all it was was just big damage and no actual difficulty. The moment you had endgame welfare/normal-heroic raid gear, you could steamroll it.

The main problem with visions is that they are NOT going to age well. Shadowlands is 8-10 months away and there is no way the people who love visions will feel the way then, let alone in the next 2-3 months. 8.3 is the absolute worst patch ever. Yes, even worse than the infamous 6.1 selfie patch. Why? Because with 6.1 you knew something new and maybe improved would be on the horizon in the next few months. 8.3 is going to bore and torture us for another 8-10 months. I'm hoping this is rock bottom for WOW, but recent events at Blizzard kind of dictate otherwise, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I do enjoy it too, especially mogu and aqir since they drop the most of them(got the Ishak one) but that bolded part there, now that's bold of you :P

Getting the Shadowbarb one tomorrow. Looks really nice. Luckily there is no need to hope for the drop there!
    Missed a few days on that one. I've gotten Ishak's, Andy's the Ivory, the scale one, and the Mail Muncher so far. Still need Houndlord and quite a few toys.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Missed a few days on that one. I've gotten Ishak's, Andy's the Ivory, the scale one, and the Mail Muncher so far. Still need Houndlord and quite a few toys.
    Nice, grats with the muncher!

Oh.... it's you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    No way.
    This is EASILY the best PVE of the entire expansion in my mind.
    The world content is much much better than its ever been on a macro level, thanks to the assault concept. The dailies suck though, but barely needed other than rep.

Meanwhile the seasonal affix is the best thing that has ever happened to keys. Truly amazing.
    And this is easily my favorite raid of the expansion.
    I really liked Dazaralor too, but this raid is just so unique. Every fight is simple yet needs to be mastered.
    We cleared 11/12 heroic in one night tonight and it was the most fun I've had to date this expansion for sure.

And still, if Visions weren't so locked down I would be doing them around the clock.

This patch has amazing quality, just poor quantity.
    This and BoD, BoD kind made me raid too. I don't know how to make me interested in raiding again but i did raid in BoD. I have lost all the raid enjoyment, seriously i feel sad i used to raid so much and was my favorite thing, also pvp and i can't find fun anymore. I'm not bitching but i find really annoying that i couldn't cba with half raids.

I love the content of this patch. Regardless with all the difficulty, well that's what makes it challenging and i like it. It's a nice challenge, not a bad one. The corruption system is not great but it's enthusiastic, i feel always hyped when i get new gear.

I see guilds happy asf killing N'zoth as i have never seen since Legion. So as they did on Jaina. But N'zoth they get super happy. So i guess no one loved how we killed n'zoth, but we love killing him lol WE WERE waiting N'zoth and all this, it's somehow exciting. All of it. Visions, PvE, even the assaults, the corruption stuff. And most importantly: Wrathion. I love his character! And he looks a badass.

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. - i love this patch but i still don't like the system of gearing this expansion (i like corruption but i don't want this system to be a thing anymore after this patch, well they said it won't, thankfully. And azerite traits will feel so bad losing it all now, bad taste in my mouth, because many classes feel overpowered with it, and without it will be like legion transition to bfa all over again, while normal gearing doesn't feel such a loss.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Anyone saying that would be wrong though. Legion had lots of fun things and new things. This patch didn't even give a god damn new zone.

Its comical to think back as far as even TBC they once would give us a raid, new zone with new quests, and a new 5 man all in one content patch. BFA thats too difficult though.
    Last patch of TBC was literally only one to provide all 3 (in fact it was the only patch to provide a new 5 man dungeon). Also amusingly 8.2 did actually give us a new 5 man, quests and a raid all in one patch.

There's no question TBC had more/better content but if you're going to find ways to discredit BFA there are far more apt comparisons.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-02-12 at 06:58 AM.

Well, OP is correct. I mean, if you think about it, that's how the world works in general. We compare things. You have something you Think is fun and then a new thing launches and it is now what you consider fun.

Not even super good things is the top, there's always something more fun.

"There's always a bigger fish"
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I'm praising them, because they are fun solo content. Something Blizzard has struggled making since ... forever.
    Raids have always been fun. Dungeons are fun since M+ exists. Max level solo content sucked since the first daily quest showed up in bc.

And now we have a place we can explore. With actual, adjustable difficulty and stakes attached to it. It's great.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Exactly. They can do anything they want to it. It's their right. It's also my right to bitch about it.
    but not to dismiss other people opinions bcs they differ from yours...

i would say the visions are also horrible and boring but that is just my opinion, some people seem to like them so good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks, finally I saw another say MOP scenarios. Nothing has changed but making it harder with more mechanics and different rewards.
    so nothing changed
    ...except difficulty and rewards, and additional mechanics, and there are not "steps" to progres, and ability to do them solo or in flexible size of grp, so... basicaly everything changed?
    with scenarios they have in common that you queue for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    The current WoW team just wants to develop low maintenance repeatable content.
    [/B]
    when did they not want that?

Vision are shit because you are limited to how many you can do.

I think they are pretty much ok since they have great potential to optimize your runs with Tools and CC to get more Mementos out that is fun.
    Not sure if they can hold the impact after the Back has reached 15 and LFR Nzoth kill is all you need for next upgrades OR 1 Vision with everything clear in 1 run

3+ Year Old Account
    WhOiS iS writing like that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so nothing changed
    ...except difficulty and rewards, and additional mechanics, and there are not "steps" to progres, and ability to do them solo or in flexible size of grp, so... basicaly everything changed?
    with scenarios they have in common that you queue for them

MOP scenarios was also group content and same maps/ways of unlocking area's. You finish a quest and unlock the next area...like open area, then a cave, and then a final room etc. Visions are just like that. Just because it gives better rewards and gear dosent make it different from MOP scenarios.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    MOP scenarios was also group content and same maps/ways of unlocking area's. You finish a quest and unlock the next area...like open area, then a cave, and then a final room etc. Visions are just like that. Just because it gives better rewards and gear dosent make it different from MOP scenarios.
    visions are NOT group content, not really, you can run them solo, and you have all objectives unlocked since begining, you can choose the order that fits you most, so no "stepping" progres, you have the effects that are variable, so more variety, you can also progress further with better gear and higher cloak level, and even make them more challenging via masks, neither of which was a thing in scenarios as they were completely rigid, THAT is what makes them different, reward be damned...

sure, if you strip it to simple "you go in the instance and get to end" then they are the same... but then they are the same as expeditions, warfronts, dungeons, raids, a technicaly battlegrounds, you know, pretty much all instanced content... the DETAILS that you are so determined to ignore are what makes them vastly different...