Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Ah yes. "We are happy/satisfied with ____". I other words: "We know people have been complaining about X but we have absolutely no plans to change it or better ourselves going forward."

Fuck these guys.
    This is the best TLDR summary.

"We're aware you guys are super disappointed but we have no plans to be better. Eat your shit and enjoy it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Exactly.

We already have people mocking his answer to the question of the cinematic. I mean people cried for years that characters are not shown in-game for the final kill. What do they want our character in the cinematics that show constantly in the forum if you don't have an ad blocker? That is simply put never going to happen because the game from day one was never built like that. You can't code in the possibility for your character with a million and one different possible outlooks from mogs/hairstyles/races/etc it won't work. WoW as a game is from a time before that. It isn't FFXIV where the game was built well over a decade later with tech that is made with your character in mind to be there.

For N'zoth bugs. Always happened when you don't test end boss, the last boss on mythic not being tested is something that should continue. Should the secret part be better? Yes. But before BFA the bugs were still there, just instead of wasting time on blue post after blue post for 100000s of people that have not even seen the boss yet. Just direct contact with the 20-40 who are on it is quicker, efficient (and better PR).

- - - Updated - - -

Ok let's say 100 players like something 100 players hate something. Your the dev. Cater to both equally now and don't weasel out with "I'll cater to what I want."
    "We hear the feedback on Titanforging and RNG and we are looking into ways to reduce it. Currently discussing alternatives."

Proceeds to implement a system that is worse than Titanforging in every conceivable way.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post

"We hear the feedback on Titanforging and RNG and we are looking into ways to reduce it. Currently discussing alternatives."

Proceeds to implement a system that is worse than Titanforging in every conceivable way.
    Is it? I dislike corruption too but please just calm your obvious bias.

I am still grateful wf/tf is gone.

5+ Year Old Account
    - They're happy with how Corruption is playing out, especially how it made gearing more interesting

Uhm?

What's interesting about only looking for a few specific corruption abilities and doing world quests with low item level just do you can get the right ones?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Mother of fucking God, I swear some people on this forum would still find a way to bitch about Ion if all he did was get on camera to perform ritualistic sepukku. "Dude can disembowel himself but can't balance Rogues lol lawyerspeak haha BfA sux" FFS, I really hate this forum sometimes.

FWIW, this was an interesting insight into how Blizzard views the game internally. Thanks for sharing.
    "No homo",but i love you.

Also i sometimes hate the forum but i can't keep stop coming here for some odd reason. lol

I need to try pay attention to this, it's 6:34 am in the morning and im so not paying attention, i need to read this interview later.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could easily see Corruptions carry over to Shadowlands under a different name, and be different in every raid tier/season similar to the big affix in M+. Or just adding more that reflect the new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    As soon as I saw this thread I was wondering how long it would take for the first "Ion's a lying lawyer" post. That it wasn't the very first after the OP surprised me. Though the usual armchair devs were par for the course.
    Didn't take long for the usual condescending reply to this as well.. Corruption is kind of fun, but it really sucks you feel locked out of the game and WAY behind all the others when you don't have your good corruption. Do you know that Twilight Devestation is as much damage or more as focusing iris in m+? Feels really shit when you don't have it.
    I like the idea of going on the "hunt" for items, the feeling I have in diablo, but there atleast you get it pretty fast compared to wow where I still dont have it after a month

Typical.

"We are happy with how it all turned out. We don't care how disappointed everyone is. We're right, you're wrong."

- - - Updated - - -

Are we all just going to gloss over the fact that he's a pathological liar?

They said they heard our feedback that we didn't like the RNG nature of Titanforging. So they added in a system that has worse RNG? Sure.

The dudes a jackass and a liar.
    Oh brother, you have to stop linking that. I am rolling on the floor here(again) That still is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh brother, you have to stop linking that. I am rolling on the floor here(again) That still is so good.
    And also extremely polarizing and nonobjective.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Hahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Lol'ed. This thread delivers.

Thank you op btw for linking. I like to hear Ion talk personally. Its like me when I watch MDI. I get so hyped watching mythic plus that I do a twist, log in and que up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    And also extremely polarizing and nonobjective.
    Yes, but still

5+ Year Old Account
    why do blizzard employees use the same sentence structure and buzz words every time they speak. its hilarious how accurately you can predict what their exact answer will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    "No homo",but i love you.

Also i sometimes hate the forum but i can't keep stop coming here for some odd reason. lol

I need to try pay attention to this, it's 6:34 am in the morning and im so not paying attention, i need to read this interview later.
    Reading the forums at this hour makes me in a good mood. Great way to start the day. And I am just gonna refresh and refresh this thread because I don't think we have seen all the fun yet. I laughed at ota's post too, always delivers!

Reading the forums at this hour makes me in a good mood. Great way to start the day. And I am just gonna refresh and refresh this thread because I don't think we have seen all the fun yet. I laughed at ota's post too, always delivers!
    Lol, i can't laugh because i get sad lolol at max i laugh with a sad laugh. xD i mantain my distance from here and all negativity surrounding blizzard but as i said, for some odd reason, i keep coming here, like 2 in 2 weeks or so. Then i look at the posts and just makes me a lil crazy. xD
    At least you can take some enjoyment out of that

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the music xD

- - - Updated - - -

I just love how it says "Twilight devastation" on group of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I'm making a new thread for this, because it's a really interesting interview and I think it would be better to give a bit more spotlight to it.
    Big, massive hugs and kudos to you for posting this. Thank you for taking the time.

Lol, i can't laugh because i get sad lolol at max i laugh with a sad laugh. xD i mantain my distance from here and all negativity surrounding blizzard but as i said, for some odd reason, i keep coming here, like 2 in 2 weeks or so. Then i look at the posts and just makes me a lil crazy. xD
    At least you can take some enjoyment out of that

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the music xD

- - - Updated - - -

I just love how it says "Twilight devastation" on group of mobs.
    Hehe, chin up, it can only go up from here

Love that video!

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Is it? I dislike corruption too but please just calm your obvious bias.

I am still grateful wf/tf is gone.
    Titanforging:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Titanforge?

Corruption:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Corrupt?
    Which trait did you get? (90% are useless for your chosen spec)
    What rank of the trait did you get?
    Can you wear the item? (too much corruption)

It's not even an argument. I am grateful TF is gone but it's replacement is even more RNG heavy. It's just laughable.

Hehe, chin up, it can only go up from here

Love that video!
    My twilight devastation procs and i start laughing maniacally as that guy and say "pffff", i love seeing that tornado but when i do, i know it's high damage, and i just see my meters sliding my name to the top straight away loool

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    why do blizzard employees use the same sentence structure and buzz words every time they speak. its hilarious how accurately you can predict what their exact answer will be.
    They're almost always "happy with how things turned out" despite the massive backlash.

- - - Updated - - -

I will never stop linking that video. The creator deserves more views.

It perfectly encapsulates the ridiculousness of Ion and how he consistently says one thing whilst implementing the exact opposite.

@Sarethion

If you made the summary yourself...my respects to you man.
    That probably gave work nice thread anyway

Titanforging:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Titanforge?

Corruption:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Corrupt?
    Which trait did you get? (90% are useless for your chosen spec)
    What rank of the trait did you get?
    Can you wear the item? (too much corruption)

It's not even an argument. I am grateful TF is gone but it's replacement is even more RNG heavy. It's just laughable.
    I like that RNG more than titanforging, was dull and boring. xD just item level increase. Now when i get a corruption gear, if it corrupts and it's tier 3, and has 75 corruption i just go and say: fuck it. Then i use it and i die constantly due to the thing of the beyond and full corruption with other pieces, then i need to clean my tier 3, then i need to hunt down more corruption gear, and it has been sarcastically fun. And laughable indeed xD

They're almost always "happy with how things turned out" despite the massive backlash.

- - - Updated - - -

I will never stop linking that video. The creator deserves more views.

It perfectly encapsulates the ridiculousness of Ion and how he consistently says one thing whilst implementing the exact opposite.
    You are right! Don't stop. But if I laugh myself to death while rolling on the floor, that's on you

- - - Updated - - -

My twilight devastation procs and i start laughing maniacally as that guy and say "pffff", i love seeing that tornado but when i do, i know it's high damage, and i just see my meters sliding my name to the top straight away loool
    Yeah its a good feeling. My carrier, echoing void got nerfed today But it carried me to number 1 dps on normal(pro) Ny'alotha on my server so I'll float on that for a while!