Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Most classes i think it would be fine. There are outliers or "special cases":

1. Druids: Leave them as it is, adding the Kul-tirans to it was a bit of a stretch, but since Horde were getting Zandalari Druids, it kinda had to be done for balancing reasons. (I kinda would have liked to see mecha-gnome druids instead of kul-tirans, but it would have to be a complete new lore, so they'd all be mechanical based, etc. Probably too much effort for blizzard to add for a single Allied Race)
    2. Shamans: I wouldn't add any. Connection to the elements is required, a Undead Shaman would make zero sense for example.
    3. DH's: i could live with Nightborne and Void Elves being included here. Void elves are a bit more of a stretch i know, but they could fit in. Nothing else.
    4. Warlock: Probably contentious, but i'm not sure that mecha-gnomes AND vulpera make sense here. Specially mecha-gnomes, but if they added it, it will never get removed now.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

If you remove the last race restrictions then you might as well change the name of the Horde to the Blood Elves...

The Alliance vs The Blood Elves.

The Horde is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you remove the last race restrictions then you might as well change the name of the Horde to the Blood Elves...

The Alliance vs The Blood Elves. AND ZANDALARI

The Horde is dead.
    fixed it for you.
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

The Alliance vs The Blood Elves.

The Horde is dead.
    The Horde died when they added Vulpera.

In my opinion lift all restrictions? No. But loosen some, yes please.

Kul tiran humans can be druid?
    Why cant normal humans be?
    And why shouldnt they be able to be shamans either?

Blood elves, theirs a blood elf boss in tbc( botanica if i recall) he switches do tree form and uses tranquility and what not, how can races develop half classes? Why just not go full in on that shit.

Its just dumb at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yes. Anyone who uses ‘lore’ as a defence against this at this point is deluding themselves into thinking that Blizzard still care about lore. They don’t. You shouldn’t.

Void Elf Paladins please.

At a push they could just make race-specific class skins so that it ‘makes sense’ in the non-existent “lore”.
    True, unfortunately.

And race class combinations, which at this point might be possible lore-wise e.g. Undead Paladins (Undead Priests, Alonsus Faol, Calia Menethil) are still not available.
    Given the story of Before the Storm and Calia's story in BfA etc. I hope they will do *something* with the Forsaken in Shadowlands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They should be unlockable.

The whole reason night elves cant be paladins, for example, is because they aren't supposed to be common in lore. There is no subfaction of night elf paladins, like they created for sunwalkers. But that entire problem could be solved by an achievement, complete that storyline in Legion where you recruit a night elf paladin. It proves they can exist, and so we should be able to unlock them, but they can still be rare enough to justify locking them out from new players.
    Aren't Priestesses of the Moon technically Paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Since SL is giving a much needed facelift to character creation and the motif of SL seems to be choose your own adventure style with covenants; it got me thinking, this is like the perfect expansion to go all the way and remove an archaic barrier.

The biggest hurdle obviously being druids, but I think it would be fine for them to retain their exclusivity since they're already supposed to be the 'special class.'

We've seem numerous times that races can deviate from their racial class group, I think its time for players to be able to do so as well. As I see it the concern is over classes losing their identity but in current WoW, Trolls can be Paladins and Humans can be Shamans so I feel that ship has already sailed.
    they already smashed away a bunch of restrictions once. going full boring, takes away the last little bit of uniqueness a class or race has. this is a terrible thing to implement.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'd be okay if they let blood/void elves be druids and shaman.
    WC2 had this Thalassian Druidic Runestones so why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elf Paladins please.
    No please. If you this we really won't get the 0.00001% chance of getting High Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Furry option doesn't count.
    Tauren paladins was the first acceptable race for Horde, and they now have two.

Edit:

And yes, remove all restrictions. Since gnomes, blood elves and all these tiny and frail races can be warriors, then you can't base the race on what would make sense physically. The world is magic, and everything is possible. Every lore excuse can be fixed, because the world changes all the time.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2020-02-12 at 09:38 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

No, it'd be ridiculous to see Tauren rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, it'd be ridiculous to see Tauren rogues.
    More than a cute little gnome DK? I beg to differ...
    Mother pus bucket!

NO.

It's a slippery slope if they do. What's next.... I have ten fingers, can I have more ring slots.

How come I can have five 32 slot bags but can't use any trinkets in them but what's on me? Does that mean I sit my bags down before I fight?

How come I can only learn two professions? I've mastered two, pretty sure I could handle another.

And how come at no point did I not go from cloth armor to plate?

And where do I store all mounts? Why can't I summon anything I've ever picked up like a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I'm not a lore guy (but like it when I read up on it), but why would that be the final straw? Aren't DKs just Lich King raised "anything's"? It would seem moreso than any class any race could fit because they could be anything that died and was raised.

Again I don't know that's just my take. Glad to hear otherwise if that's the case to learn more.
    there is no lore issue with panda dk,arthas era yes,but now?with bolvar becoming lk and the pandas that died in this recent war?whats stoping him from raising them as dks?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    More than a cute little gnome DK? I beg to differ...
    There's a difference between DKs and Rogues.

While rogue need to be agile race DKs don't need any other trait than... being dead.

No Tauren/Draenei Rogues. Blizz said it best, you can't sneak up on someone while clopping.

Race class restriction I fully support. It's one of the last vestiges of classic roleplay fantasy still in the game. Class identity is further and further diluted. We had some of that back in Legion but it feels completely tossed out now. Race Class restrictions at least make it so the choice matters a bit. You can even balance around some classes never getting access to certain racial abilities.

I would actually like to see the function of some racials altered based on class. Say a Gnomihsh Rogues Escape artist might confer a mini-sprint when used. A Human Paladin might get an extra 2 or 3 perecent added to Diplomacy. Hopefully nothing that would throw balance way out of whack, but minor tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a difference between DKs and Rogues.

While rogue need to be agile race DKs don't need any other trait than... being dead.
    Taurens can be agile as fuck. I would say that monks are even more agile than a rogue. DKs carry plate armor, big weapons and take a lot of physical punishment. Undead strength? Well, they can be warriors too, so what's the excuse there?
    Mother pus bucket!

The Horde died when they added Vulpera.
    The Horde started dying when they added Blood Elves. Horde players are always bragging about being the badasses of WoW, however 90% of them are playing female Blood Elves because “they are pretty”.. not very badass. The Horde is Orcs, Trolls and Taurens... and the Horde is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    No Tauren/Draenei Rogues. Blizz said it best, you can't sneak up on someone while clopping.

Race class restriction I fully support. It's one of the last vestiges of classic roleplay fantasy still in the game. Class identity is further and further diluted. We had some of that back in Legion but it feels completely tossed out now. Race Class restrictions at least make it so the choice matters a bit. You can even balance around some classes never getting access to certain racial abilities.

I would actually like to see the function of some racials altered based on class. Say a Gnomihsh Rogues Escape artist might confer a mini-sprint when used. A Human Paladin might get an extra 2 or 3 perecent added to Diplomacy. Hopefully nothing that would throw balance way out of whack, but minor tweaks.
    That's too late. The worst examples were out on launch date.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    but hey I don't write the lore
    Maybe you should, shoot your CV over to blizz with your ideas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    That's just some 'trying to be funny' bullshit they threw out. Surely if we can design explosives and teleportation pods in game we can design some damn rubber horse shoes >_>
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself