Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    People always think about Legolas and forget about previous elven generations.
    previous generations and silmarilion appearances are not well know among common folk, so yeah people mostly know about the movie versions, and want that, thus, it was transplanted into wow elves as well

Forsaken have quite big population. To be honest, they could have bigger population than Horde in Kalimdor that consists of orcs and trolls that came on couple of ships.
    no that much nowadays, if they had, Sylvanas would not be in a rush to find a way to get more, they suffered heavy losses in the war too.

Orcs came in big numbers, the wc3 campaign ships were not rly canon numbers, and later more came to orgrimmar

For a race that grows to become over 10 000 years old, they seem to be pretty poor at most stuff they do. Be it warrior, archer, or mage.

The only place they stand out lorewise is their druids. Cenarion and stormrage seem to atleast have the powerlevel theyre supposed to have.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    For a race that grows to become over 10 000 years old, they seem to be pretty poor at most stuff they do.
    "A Little Patience"

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Malfurion went to fight 1v1 Azshara while she was fully prepared since Illidan warned her. No one won. So yes, i can assume that Malfurion was more or less at the same lvl.
    Azshara having the same power lvl as Archimonde is something from Knaak. I'm not even sure that he wrote that. Powerlvl are all over the place in WoW.
    The manual mentions that Tyrande only leads the Sentinels which was created to defend Ashenvale and protect the men who were sleeping. She isn't the sole leader of the Night Elves : It's Cenarius, Malfurion, Tyrande. You also have the Watchers who don't obey to her.

As for the "non-Elven" allies, they were part of the Night Elves as a faction. That's the whole point. That's why they were able to be their own faction : Mountain Giants, chimaeras, dryads, etc. WoW got rid of them, hence the downgrade.
    You realize that "Fight" was largely just him distracting her long enough for the portal to become unstable, yes?
    WC3 the only lore we had in regards to wardens and watchers were that they were essentially the police and nothing more.
    Even in WC3, if you read the flavor text and descriptions, their nature allies were largely stated to have been allies for the time due to the burning legion invasion.

You're also discounting Azshara's power level as stated in a book, while also using the same book (poorly) to defend how strong Malfurion is, you know that right?
    Last edited by Toppy; 2020-02-12 at 10:10 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The elves did really poorly in wota, the only times they gained any sort of edge was due to op magic, even then they couldn't match their demonic counterparts.

That is to say, the elven field army was routinely destroyed by felguards who have been shown to be utter mooks. So I question, even their military pedigree of the past.

Perhaps the sentinels was just an all round better amry than the traditional military the elves had up until (atleast) the war of the shifting sands.

That said, other medias including wc3 show sentinel archers etc to be ridiculously weak and have a rather small impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Maybe they can poll the AI and figure out why their game sucks.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    The elves did really poorly in wota, the only times they gained any sort of edge was due to op magic, even then they couldn't match their demonic counterparts.

That is to say, the elven field army was routinely destroyed by felguards who have been shown to be utter mooks. So I question, even their military pedigree of the past.

Perhaps the sentinels was just an all round better amry than the traditional military the elves had up until (atleast) the war of the shifting sands.

That said, other medias including wc3 show sentinel archers etc to be ridiculously weak and have a rather small impact.
    this was written and established after WC3 so the downgrade still happened in a sense. A WC3 purist will never accept this as canon

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    People always think about Legolas and forget about previous elven generations.
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I much prefer Legolas to assholes like Fëanor from "The Silmarillion" - almost everything Fëanor does in that book is annoying and absurdly arrogant, not to mention setting up the vast majority of the terrible things that happen well after his own death.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    this was written and established after WC3 so the downgrade still happened in a sense. A WC3 purist will never accept this as canon
    there is no such thing of "no accept this as canon" since their sacrifice their immortality and power to defeat archimonde, it make sense they to have a downgrade anyway

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is no such thing of "no accept this as canon" since their sacrifice their immortality and power to defeat archimonde, it make sense they to have a downgrade anyway
    I mean, the written canon of the WotA was published after WC3, so of course it's gonna have inconsistencies. I'm no WC3 purist but I mean I when I present this to them they all just go around telling me "it's post-WC3 material therefore non-canon to WC3"

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I much prefer Legolas to assholes like Fëanor from "The Silmarillion" - almost everything Fëanor does in that book is annoying and absurdly arrogant, not to mention setting up the vast majority of the terrible things that happen well after his own death.
    Feanor wasn't a wise elf.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Grom also died cause he wasn't smart enough to dodge Mannoroth's explosion nuke...thing.

"oH wOW, pReTtY CoLOrS" *Gets fucking roasted*

So, I wouldn't look up to him too much when talking about military might.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Grom also died cause he wasn't smart enough to dodge Mannoroth's explosion nuke...thing.

"oH wOW, pReTtY CoLOrS" *Gets fucking roasted*

So, I wouldn't look up to him too much when talking about military might.
    as far i know/remember, he died not just by that, but because the demon blood in his veins going away, many other veterans who drank also died after that, if it was just the nuke thrall could have healed

and, there wasn't much way to run either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean, the written canon of the WotA was published after WC3, so of course it's gonna have inconsistencies. I'm no WC3 purist but I mean I when I present this to them they all just go around telling me "it's post-WC3 material therefore non-canon to WC3"
    but wota was also chronologically before wc3, things will be different anyway since much time has passed
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-02-12 at 03:23 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I only remember people saying that Tyrande was better in WC3 than in WoW.

I don't remember people saying Night Elves are the greatest warriors on Azeroth or something.
    Even in war3 she did some pretty stupid things which makes you reconsider sadly.

Why would you stand on a bridge and blow it up while you are on it?

Ah yes, Grom Hellscream, the guy who thought demon kool aid was a good idea and randomly sending your troops to different bases instead of pushing one was an excelent strategy

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Feanor wasn't a wise elf.
    Neither were most of his kinsmen who swore to uphold his oath. Actually, the majority of the Noldor kind of come across as assholes and morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Even in war3 she did some pretty stupid things which makes you reconsider sadly.

I hear Tyrande and the bridge incident used a lot to point Tyrande as stupid or foolish - but in the events of the WC3: TFT Tyrande was holding the line against the oncoming Scourge forces coming from Pyrewood. She bade the caravan of Blood Elves (including Kael himself) pass over the bridge to safety while she prevented the Scourge from following, then blew up the bridge in the midst of the fighting with herself on it to prevent the Scourge from easily following and killing the Blood Elven refugees. Basically she nearly sacrificed herself to save others, which is pretty much in keeping which her role as Priestess of the Moon and Sentinel. If she were able to blow the bridge from a safe distance she likely would have, but that wasn't how things played out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I mean people liked her more during WC3 than in WoW.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-02-12 at 05:47 PM.

And why did she need to blow the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And why did she need to blow the bridge?
    To stop the undead.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

To stop the undead.
    And what about a little context? Why did she detonated that bridge WHILE she was still on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    as far i know/remember, he died not just by that, but because the demon blood in his veins going away, many other veterans who drank also died after that, if it was just the nuke thrall could have healed

and, there wasn't much way to run either.

- - - Updated - - -

but wota was also chronologically before wc3, things will be different anyway since much time has passed
    I do agree to a certain extent, but I feel like, had he not been taken from the Explosion, his body could at the very least handle the lessened effects of Mannoroth's Blood. But, that's just me.