Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, you get what i mean. i've seen it used so much to justify new restrictions. that is the exact reason why no restrictions should be in place, other than direct "i'm going to kill X" or "i want you all to go kill Y" threats. even those are iffy, since it could be used the same way.

as for who, do you really want me to make a gigantic list of names? that'd be very annoying to type. i can think of specific cases, but i can't remember the names behind them. there was one that was a hit to free expression in the banning of "loli" sex dolls, there's been a few banning sexual games, attempts at laws to criminalize hate speech against whatever minority you can imagine, banning violent games. for guns, there's this thread we're in right now, the shit going on in virginia, outright trying to take many types of guns. heavy restrictions in california, new york, and others.
    Yeah, we can tell you have no legal background, whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So instead of asking people to move, which would be simple, the GOP are asking instead for something that's never been done and most likely won't happen.

Do I have that right?
    "Don't like it leave!" they scream. Then refuse to leave Virginia because . . . oh no background checks and only one firearm per month.

This shit is why I hate then 2nd Amendment nuts. They go off the deep end on even the simplest of gun control laws. What the fuck are they going to do that requires them to buy more than one hand gun per month? There's nothing unreasonable about the bills they put in place.

"Local communities can decide whether or not to ban guns." Okay. That's just taking it to a more local level.

"One hand gun per month" Who the fuck needs more than one hand gun? Much less more than one hand gun a month? Is Virginia populated with John Wick's or something?

"Oh and people who are known and judged (in a court) to be dangerous might be denied the right to own guns" Because psychos SHOULDN'T HAVE GUNS.

Are you not a psycho? CONGRATULATIONS you still get to keep your gun in VA.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "One hand gun per month" Who the fuck needs more than one hand gun? Much less more than one hand gun a month? Is Virginia populated with John Wick's or something?
    It looks cooler if you just drop it when its empty and never reload.
    /s

no, i just mentioned the first two, like i said, cause they're the ones constantly threatened. i want the entire thing.
    Who is threatening them? How are they threatening them? When?

Are you going to answer any question or just push more nonsense?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Everyone knows about the so called US Christian ISIS.
    The politically correct term is "Y'all Qaeda", thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

well, you get what i mean. i've seen it used so much to justify new restrictions. that is the exact reason why no restrictions should be in place, other than direct "i'm going to kill X" or "i want you all to go kill Y" threats. even those are iffy, since it could be used the same way.

as for who, do you really want me to make a gigantic list of names? that'd be very annoying to type. i can think of specific cases, but i can't remember the names behind them. there was one that was a hit to free expression in the banning of "loli" sex dolls, there's been a few banning sexual games, attempts at laws to criminalize hate speech against whatever minority you can imagine, banning violent games. for guns, there's this thread we're in right now, the shit going on in virginia, outright trying to take many types of guns. heavy restrictions in california, new york, and others.
    Banning some games isn't attacking free speech, nor is making something hate speech. How you came to that conclusion is mind boggling.

Again, no one is taking guns. Where do you keep getting that they are?

Also banning Loli dolls has nothing to do with anything.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait and see the secession tears flow from the Right when it looks like Texas is going purple. Maybe appealing to a shrinking demographic while eschewing all others isn't the best game plan for long term sustainability. Who would've thought?
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-02-11 at 01:51 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It looks cooler if you just drop it when its empty and never reload.
    Well I suppose if people are buying Tediores and just throwing them at their enemies they might need to buy new guns.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's no precedent for this, under the law. They simply don't have that option.

In fact, I'm thinking that making the offer is literally seditious, in the sense that Falwell and Justice could be charged with seditious conspiracy against the United States for this bullshit.
    I agree. This is just insanity.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Don't like it leave!" they scream. Then refuse to leave Virginia because . . . oh no background checks and only one firearm per month.

This shit is why I hate then 2nd Amendment nuts. They go off the deep end on even the simplest of gun control laws. What the fuck are they going to do that requires them to buy more than one hand gun per month? There's nothing unreasonable about the bills they put in place.

"Local communities can decide whether or not to ban guns." Okay. That's just taking it to a more local level.

"Oh and people who are known and judged (in a court) to be dangerous might be denied the right to own guns" Because psychos SHOULDN'T HAVE GUNS.

Are you not a psycho? CONGRATULATIONS you still get to keep your gun in VA.
    While I personally have not, I know several people that have bought guns in pairs that were matched sets (same with rifle and shotgun sets), also if your in an area with limited stores and maybe one gun show a year that one a month can become one a year for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    While I personally have not, I know several people that have bought guns in pairs that were matched sets (same with rifle and shotgun sets), also if your in an area with limited stores and maybe one gun show a year that one a month can become one a year for them.
    I can't think of a practical reason or purpose for owning more than one firearm.

Actually, I can hardly think of a reason for more than zero, so nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I can't think of a practical reason or purpose for owning more than one firearm.
    Eh, three-gun (rifle, handgun, shotgun) is a fairly popular competition format.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Eh, three-gun (rifle, handgun, shotgun) is a fairly popular competition format.
    Then you have people like my stepdad that thinks that Obama was coming for his guns, so he started stocking up on handguns. He didn't own any until like 2012. Now he has like 6 of them. A couple of them I can understand why he has them, he uses them for trapping so he doesn't have to carry a 22 rifle if he doesn't want to.

But he has enough guns to arm a small police force for long guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd honestly be happy if states like california and new york would secede from the entire union. make new, mini americas you can run the way you want, and leave those of us that appreciate the original constitution to live the way we want.
    You'd be happy for about a year or two before your economies crashed because you lost two powerhouses of economic output.

This is a true example of reactionary thinking with no depth and no logic behind it. Southern conservative states are poor.

- - - Updated - - -

y'all know i just mean the constitution as it currently is. not allowing it to be changed at all to remove gun rights and speech and such.
    You mean that unchanging beacon of truth....with 27 amendments?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no constitutional basis to join another state, as it would require succession first. After the civil war, all states rights to succeed were removed.

Just like we had to tell all the dip shits in CA that they weren't leaving the union, I think we have to tell these dip shits the same thing: Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, I can hardly think of a reason for more than zero, so nevermind.
    collectors of historical firearms and hunters would like a word with you....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    collectors of historical firearms and hunters would like a word with you....
    We call those museums.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I own a few different guns. 2 of the same pistol to carry(in case one is in the shop for whatever reason). A rifle for hunting, always eat what you kill. The pistols are usually enough to deal with the wildlife I may encounter when camping, but I also have a shotgun for when I’m in an area with bears.

Sounds not unlike my Shadowrun character.

10+ Year Old Account
    We call those museums.
    No we don't. . . . we literally call them "collectors".

Is English your first lang?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And, yet, there's no practical reason for owning a collection. Sure, there are theoretical reasons for owning one. Like the potential financial gain if they go up in value. That's not a practical reason to collect firearms, though, as there are better, more practical, investments to be had.
    LoL you think people who collect things need a "practical reason", or a monetary reason to do so?