Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I'm mad because they are fucking with the books I would be mad if they announced Tuon was going to be played by Keira Knightley as well. The books are what matter not Rafe's idiotic thoughts of this would be better.
    Alas you're holding up RJ's castings as if they're some holy grail despite them not matching the physical descriptions from the books. Strikes me as mad because brown, and if this is sufficient to keep you from watching the show then I am further convinced this has nothing to do with you being a fan of RJ's work.

- - - Updated - - -

Posting this without any context is a bit disingenuous. There's nothing to suggest this is exactly how RJ envisioned the characters, or whether he thought such actors would best be able to capture the characters. From the site itself:

In response to a fan who once asked Robert Jordan which actors and actresses he would cast if a movie were made about the Wheel of Time, he said that such power was never given to an author, but, regardless, he had never really thought much about it. He went on to say something about Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart in relation to Thom Merrilin, but that was the extent of it.

RJ’s notes, however, tell us that the fan may have asked the wrong question, as they give us insight into models he may have used for some of the characters. Whether these associations were prompted by the fan’s question, or whether RJ used these actors from the start as helpful visualizations, we don’t know. But it’s fun to learn about actors he may have associated with some of the WoT characters.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He's said a lot more than that also yes changing sexualities does both me. Rand's harem largely functioned as a sisterhood they didn't fuck each other.
    They did in my head canon, well at least Elayne and Aviendha did -all of those baths...

Seriously though, I hope they don't put sex and sexuality at the forefront of the story. There were always subtle moments where you knew something had happened, a sly gesture here and there. I really don't want them to go down the GoT route with every episode involving someone bump uglies to show diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Or we just have different priorities and both love the books.
    So your priorities are not a faithful adaptation seems like you don't love the books that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    all of those baths...
    Let's not fuck about, this is the reason we're all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Alas you're holding up RJ's castings as if they're some holy grail despite them not matching the physical descriptions from the books. Strikes me as mad because brown, and if this is sufficient to keep you from watching the show then I am further convinced this has nothing to do with you being a fan of RJ's work.

- - - Updated - - -

Posting this without any context is a bit disingenuous. There's nothing to suggest this is exactly how RJ envisioned the characters, or whether he thought such actors would best be able to capture the characters. From the site itself:
    Weird that one of the few castings I'm satisfied with is Allana because she actually fits the books description. Almost like the books come first and the only racists here for the most part are those cheering diversity for the sake of diversity and fuck the books. You know the people who put skin color above accurate portrayals hint that's you.

The castings are from his note and how he saw his characters appearance wise there is nothing disingenuous about them. The pictures are obviously fan chosen but the actors are from his notes.

So your priorities are not a faithful adaptation seems like you don't love the books that much.
    Indeed, because if the skin colours aren't exactly as you imagine them then the adaptation isn't faithful and anyone who likes it isn't a true fan.

They did in my head canon, well at least Elayne and Aviendha did -all of those baths...

Seriously though, I hope they don't put sex and sexuality at the forefront of the story. There were always subtle moments where you knew something had happened, a sly gesture here and there. I really don't want them to go down the GoT route with every episode involving someone bump uglies to show diversity.
    Welp Rafe's primary call word is diversity so much so that he threatened to make Perrin and Lan gay when people called him out on his garabage casting. His primary goal is diversity he very clearly doesn't give a shit about the books as can he seen by him identifying as red ajah and thinkong that's a good thing.

Weird that one of the few castings I'm satisfied with is Allana because she actually fits the books description. Almost like the books come first and the only racists here for the most part are those cheering diversity for the sake of diversity and fuck the books. You know the people who put skin color above accurate portrayals hint that's you.

The castings are from his note and how he saw his characters appearance wise there is nothing disingenuous about them. The pictures are obviously fan chosen but the actors are from his notes.
    Yeah, because I want more brown people because white people are bad.

Either that or I have enough of a brain to know that Perrin having african features isn't at all relevent to the plot and so I don't care. But yeah, I'm the racist. It all makes sense now.

Indeed, because if the skin colours aren't exactly as you imagine them then the adaptation isn't faithful and anyone who likes it isn't a true fan.
    No because the characters look nothing like Jordan's notes and he's making noises about makes Rand's wifes fuck each other as well as rand instead of the fairly deep sisterhood they share that is kind of a counterpart to the boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because I want more brown people because white people are bad.

Either that or I have enough of a brain to know that Perrin having african features isn't at all relevent to the plot and so I don't care. But yeah, I'm the racist. It all makes sense now.
    Except it is relevant because it shows that the showrunner doesn't care about being accurate to the books.

Except it is relevant because it shows that the showrunner doesn't care about being accurate to the books.
    You're entitled to that opinion, but I think a true fan would know what physical attributes are and are not relevant to what makes WoT great and would allow a showrunner to take some artistic license with respect to the casting and otherwise be excited that a great book series is going to get a TV adaptation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm here for Min shaving Rand.
    I'm down with that but we all know Aviendha is best girl and we need some sweat tent scenes.

I'm here for Min shaving Rand.
    I'm here for some arm-crossing and knee-bouncing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Or running naked in the snow scenes.
    I raise you, the backdrop to any scene involving Graendal in her stronghold/sex dungeon.

Well that's just Zumanity playing on the background.
    I'm hesistant to ask; what the fuck is Zumanity?

Cirque de Soleil has an adult program named Zumanity. It's not that naughty.
    Maybe we should introduce this to Rafe when it's time to hire extras for Graendal's mansion scenes.

Maybe we should introduce this to Rafe when it's time to hire extras for Graendal's mansion scenes.
    Yeah this show isn't getting to that point lol

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice, if we reached that point. What are the show's (any show's) chances to survive for 5+ seasons though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

While no where to GoT can it really be called subtle? I mean they do the dumb mind link thing with the harem and female body guard and bring up that they can feel the sex and have to block it out (if they want to) quite a few times. They also bring up that the witches will sleep with a body guard if the bound witch dies a bunch as well as the whole pillow friends thing that happens in the tower being mentioned more then is Proabbly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm excited... But also very very worried. Yes, they got GoT more or less right... But we all remember Legends of the Seeker, and Shannara Chronicles, and so many other attempts to turn great books into TV shows.

I'll wait to see what happens, but right now I'm having very mixed feelings about this.

Legend of the Seeker....the wound is still fresh...

The only partial saving grace was that Cara and Kahlan were pretty attractive...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The only partial saving grace was that Cara and Kahlan were pretty attractive...
    Aaah Bridget Regan. The only reason I sat through LoS and Agent Carter.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Welp Rafe's primary call word is diversity so much so that he threatened to make Perrin and Lan gay when people called him out on his garabage casting. His primary goal is diversity he very clearly doesn't give a shit about the books as can he seen by him identifying as red ajah and thinkong that's a good thing.
    Deep slow breaths big guy, the man was making a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Or running naked in the snow scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I'm mostly here for this becoming a hit so I can use "mother's milk in a cup!" as a swear word without people looking at me funny.
    Woah woah that kind of language isn't appropriate on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

I raise you, the backdrop to any scene involving Graendal in her stronghold/sex dungeon.
    Or any of her outfits.