Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Taurens can be agile as fuck. I would say that monks are even more agile than a rogue. DKs carry plate armor, big weapons and take a lot of physical punishment. Undead strength? Well, they can be warriors too, so what's the excuse there?
    DK? They have magical strenght.

And of course that taurens can be agile, but not as a rogue. Can you imagine a tauren who's trying to sneak? I seriously don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Can you imagine a tauren who's trying to sneak? I seriously don't...
    All you have to do is get a rogue in group to pop shroud for you and you can see a Tauren sneaking
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

DK? They have magical strenght.
    And warriors?

And of course that taurens can be agile, but not as a rogue. Can you imagine a tauren who's trying to sneak? I seriously don't...
    What's the difference? What makes "rouging" so special? They are already ridiculous in the sense that they are 100% invisible unless they're 10 cm from your face. For a gnome, wouldn't an orc or troll rogue be towering above them, being many times their size and weight? Not really something that can naturally sneak upon them. So rogues must have cloak magic, and that has nothing to do with their size. Seems like you just don't like the idea of a sneaky cow stabbing you in the back with his toothpicks. Well, I feel the same every time I see a a tiny barbie doll dual-wielding two-handers smashing things through raw strength. Doesn't matter, the world is magic. Everything is granted.
    Mother pus bucket!

Sure, I don't mind either way. It's not like it makes much of a difference at this point. For example, I can't even tell what class the smaller race have because their gear is so tiny it's neigh invisible.

And warriors?
    And warriors what? They're just naturally strong because of the life. Simple.

difference? What makes "rouging" so special? They are already ridiculous in the sense that they are 100% invisible unless they're 10 cm from your face. For a gnome, wouldn't an orc or troll rogue be towering above them, being many times their size and weight? Not really something that can naturally sneak upon them. So rogues must have cloak magic, and that has nothing to do with their size. Seems like you just don't like the idea of a sneaky cow stabbing you in the back with his toothpicks. Well, I feel the same every time I see a a tiny barbie doll dual-wielding two-handers smashing things through raw strength. Doesn't matter, the world is magic. Everything is granted.
    First of all, it's rogue, not rouge.
    Second, you cannot compare gameplay to the lore.
    Third, they don't use their magic 100% of the time, they're probably one of the last classes that actually use as small amount of magic as possible(with warriors/hunters).
    Fourth, you cannot compare sizes like that: gnome - orc and then orc - tauren. Sneaking is universal, gnomes are just better than others, while tauren just can't do such a thing. You can park Fiat 500 in the parking place, and also you can do the same thing with a big SUV(e.g. Mercedes GLS), which is much bigger than the first one... but you cannot park a tank which is also bigger than big SUV. Same goes with sneaking, troll and orcs can do that, taurens can't. They cannot hide after universal obstacles(e.g. barrels etc.) as easy as other races.
    Fifth, as I wrote it plenty of times - DKs are totally different case than rogues.

Im always down for loosening them slowly since it aids in new lore flavours. Certainly not backing a flood gate approach.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The Horde started dying when they added Blood Elves. Horde players are always bragging about being the badasses of WoW, however 90% of them are playing female Blood Elves because “they are pretty”.. not very badass. The Horde is Orcs, Trolls and Taurens... and the Horde is dead.
    Sylvanas going down on Zek'han, Saurfang, and Baine symbolizes this, I guess?

And warriors what? They're just naturally strong because of the life. Simple.
    Good enough for a game, but makes no sense in our reality. So it still doesn't make sense, unless you accept that warriors have strength magic.
    First of all, it's rogue, not rouge.
    Great, let's argue about typos. FFS...

Second, you cannot compare gameplay to the lore.
    That's an empty statement. What are you talking about?

Third, they don't use their magic 100% of the time, they're probably one of the last classes that actually use as small amount of magic as possible(with warriors/hunters).
    Which class are you talking about, and what's your point?

Fourth, you cannot compare sizes like that: gnome - orc and then orc - tauren. Sneaking is universal, gnomes are just better than others, while tauren just can't do such a thing.
    Your own opinion. Might even shared by many, even the developers. It has nothing to do with making sense based on reality, though.

You can park Fiat 500 in the parking place, and also you can do the same thing with a big SUV(e.g. Mercedes GLS), which is much bigger than the first one... but you cannot park a tank which is also bigger than big SUV. Same goes with sneaking, troll and orcs can do that, taurens can't. They cannot hide after universal obstacles(e.g. barrels etc.) as easy as other races.
    As I said, stealth in the game is invisibility, not being able to hide in a barrel. It's magic. And if it wasn't, there is no reason why bigger races couldn't do it just as well. Taurens even have something in their jokes about it: "...You ever see a tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings".

Fifth, as I wrote it plenty of times - DKs are totally different case than rogues.
    Sure, you can just reiterate that if you want, but I have not made any new point about DKs.
    Mother pus bucket!

Tauren and Dranaei should be rogues....shit THERE ALREADY ARE DRANAEI ROGUES IN LORE....
    Then as for Tauren...if we can make the stretch that all Undead priests in lore are shadow priests then we can make the stretch that all Tauren Rogues are Outlaw Rogues cause Tauren pirates ARE A THING, Tauren poisoning weapons IS A THING,

3+ Year Old Account
    GIVE MEH UNDEAD DRUIDS!!!!

Like Blizz i dont give a f*** if it makes sense. Give me plague bears, hell hound cats and boney vulture flight form

damn ... the idea of mechagnome druids that are basically transformers tingles me just the right way

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Mechagnome druids that aren't actually druids, but studied them in a lab and learned how to emulate their abilities with technology. Guardian/Feral would be robot bear/cat that the mechagnome is actually riding like a mount, balance would use lasers and orbital-type targeting, resto would use cauterizing beams/etc.

For flavor there could be minor 'glitches' that do fun/cosmetic things like set you or your target on fire for a negligible amount of damage.

Good enough for a game, but makes no sense in our reality. So it still doesn't make sense, unless you accept that warriors have strength magic.
    And that's a game. It may have different laws of physics(and sometimes even logics!).

Great, let's argue about typos. FFS...
    No one is arguing about anything, I just corrected you, because that's a popular mistake that non-rogue players make. There's no need to be worried about such a small thing.

That's an empty statement. What are you talking about?
    I'm saying that Blizzard is restricting taurens and draeneis from being rogues from their lore point of view, they have hoofs. It'd be impossible for them to sneak around with them. You could use "but then can use boots", yeah, but if you cannot be a certain class without any equipment, then you don't deserve to be one.

Which class are you talking about, and what's your point?
    I'm tlaking abour rogues. And my point is that taurens cannot use shadow magic to be rogues.

Your own opinion. Might even shared by many, even the developers. It has nothing to do with making sense based on reality, though.
    That's not opinion. That's a fact. Tauren cannot hide after normal objects, while trolls, orcs and gnomes can. And if you read some of the novels/comics, you would realize that size seriously matters for rogues.

As I said, stealth in the game is invisibility, not being able to hide in a barrel. It's magic. And if it wasn't, there is no reason why bigger races couldn't do it just as well. Taurens even have something in their jokes about it: "...You ever see a tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings".
    Not really. Sometimes they use their magics, and sometimes they just hide normally. It's not pure magical thing, as I wrote above, there are plenty of examples in comics/novels where rogues aren't using their magic, but they're just sneaking around. Damn... even in the game! (e.g. legendary quest line in Cata, Mathias Shaw questline etc.)

Sure, you can just reiterate that if you want, but I have not made any new point about DKs.
    Reiterate what? You used that argument(about sweet gnomes being unable to become DKs), which has nothing in common while discussing about tauren rogues, so I've shown you why your comparison is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine tauren/draenai rogue, clop clop clop. haha
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I want Mechagnome druids that aren't actually druids, but studied them in a lab and learned how to emulate their abilities with technology. Guardian/Feral would be robot bear/cat that the mechagnome is actually riding like a mount, balance would use lasers and orbital-type targeting, resto would use cauterizing beams/etc.

For flavor there could be minor 'glitches' that do fun/cosmetic things like set you or your target on fire for a negligible amount of damage.
    This would be a good compromise to the race restrictions, from a players point of view, i just want to play the race and class i like the most, not the race i have to because the class isn't available to the 1 i want to play.

Just make a story and quest chain that leads to other races being able to emulate it in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is no lore issue with panda dk,arthas era yes,but now?with bolvar becoming lk and the pandas that died in this recent war?whats stoping him from raising them as dks?
    I agree, so I guess you quoting me is not asking me the questions but rather the post I quoted?

And that's a game. It may have different laws of physics(and sometimes even logics!).
    Yup, so since they have already tossed common sense out the window, why stop now? At least stop using realism as an excuse.

No one is arguing about anything, I just corrected you, because that's a popular mistake that non-rogue players make. There's no need to be worried about such a small thing.
    I never knew that a common word like that was often misspelled by non-rogues, but ok.

I'm saying that Blizzard is restricting taurens and draeneis from being rogues from their lore point of view, they have hoofs. It'd be impossible for them to sneak around with them. You could use "but then can use boots", yeah, but if you cannot be a certain class without any equipment, then you don't deserve to be one.
    Then what about the classes that basically cannot do any attacks without a weapon? They don't deserve to be that class? What kind of tank would a warrior be without a shield and plate armor? Also, this is not lore, it's practical concerns and realism. From a lore point of view you could argue that the draenei and tauren are by nature noble and honorable, and that don't have many characters that are into assassination, theft and tricks, but that's not a hindrance, just the way things have been so far.

I'm tlaking abour rogues. And my point is that taurens cannot use shadow magic to be rogues.
    They can be shadow priests without a sweat, so that's not a good argument.

That's not opinion. That's a fact. Tauren cannot hide after normal objects, while trolls, orcs and gnomes can. And if you read some of the novels/comics, you would realize that size seriously matters for rogues.
    Comics/novels don't matter. And even so, in the thrall/saurfang cinematic the rouges are invisible. They're not hiding in the shadows or behind a chair.

Not really. Sometimes they use their magics, and sometimes they just hide normally. It's not pure magical thing, as I wrote above, there are plenty of examples in comics/novels where rogues aren't using their magic, but they're just sneaking around. Damn... even in the game! (e.g. legendary quest line in Cata, Mathias Shaw questline etc.)
    Ok, so you agree that it's not possible to vanish into thin air just by being small/thin, right? There you go. Let's say taurens and draenei would use magic all the time then.

Reiterate what? You used that argument(about sweet gnomes being unable to become DKs), which has nothing in common while discussing about tauren rogues, so I've shown you why your comparison is wrong.
    Yeah, it was a different example of something ridiculous that the game does allow for, that I used in my original post. But to make things clearer, by removing magic and undeath, I switched the example to warrior, which is basically just pure physical strength and toughness, and is a class that any kind of frail and tiny race can become with huge success.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks gazingly into your eyes*
    *grabs you closer*
    *whispers soft in your ear*

"Panda Death Knights"

Essentially, please gib Death Knight Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Yup, so since they have already tossed common sense out the window, why stop now? At least stop using realism as an excuse.
    You cannot expect people to use realism in a fantasy game... but there are still restrictions. Some thing you can explain as "magic", but if, for an example, Magni eat Gamon and become Magnamon and then one-shot titans then you would probably notice that something is wrong.

I never knew that a common word like that was often misspelled by non-rogues, but ok.
    It sometimes even happen on the rogue forums.

Then what about the classes that basically cannot do any attacks without a weapon? They don't deserve to be that class? What kind of tank would a warrior be without a shield and plate armor? Also, this is not lore, it's practical concerns and realism. From a lore point of view you could argue that the draenei and tauren are by nature noble and honorable, and that don't have many characters that are into assassination, theft and tricks, but that's not a hindrance, just the way things have been so far.
    As I wrote above, I wasn't talking about weapons only. Anyway, there was a part two of that thing below.

They can be shadow priests without a sweat, so that's not a good argument.
    That's a good argument, because there's a difference between shadow priests and rogues. (see below)

Ok, so you agree that it's not possible to vanish into thin air just by being small/thin, right? There you go. Let's say taurens and draenei would use magic all the time then.
    First thing - yes. Second - not really. Maybe rogues are restricted to use it only once a while? Otherwise why they aren't using them all the time? I guess that they just can't.

Comics/novels don't matter. And even so, in the thrall/saurfang cinematic the rouges are invisible. They're not hiding in the shadows or behind a chair.
    Since when they don't matter? Are we talking about WoW or your head-canon where you disqualify a proper sources? If it's the latter then I don't want to participate in such a discussion.

Yeah, it was a different example of something ridiculous that the game does allow for, that I used in my original post. But to make things clearer, by removing magic and undeath, I switched the example to warrior, which is basically just pure physical strength and toughness, and is a class that any kind of frail and tiny race can become with huge success.
    Okay. That's fine. I'll just explain it better: gnomes can become strong, while Taurens can't become smaller.

I'd prefer not.
    I like the notion that a race's history and culture affect what they do; it makes races feel more distinct to me.