Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    ^^ And this didn't come out of your ....?
    Dude stop trying to troll me.

Also, "I feel" is the pretty big indicator that I'm not following data.

Go troll elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Dude stop trying to troll me.

Also, "I feel" is the pretty big indicator that I'm not following data.

Go troll elsewhere.
    Wait, so you can make up shit, but others cant? And you use the T word with me?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Because you simply put a stupid idea out of your ass saying that was the truth.
    Geforce now was still in bêta. And it launched the battlenet launcher. So basically every thing you said was pure horse shit. Than you.
    So Geforce now launched and utilized the Battlenet launcher. So my point stands. They can troubleshoot problems on their software much easier without any third party software involved.

So you admit that I didn't pull any stupid ideas out of anywhere and I was completely right. Gefoce now just streamed it from somewhere else. A middleman mind you. That does nothing but, as I said, muddy their abilities to handle things properly. When you're having issues launching a game from bnet, do you Really expect them to be like "well, lets troubleshoot this 3rd party service you're using in order to connect to our launcher and games"? That's a ludicrous idea at best. Can't expect them to know how to troubleshoot someone else's product. Even then, the best they could do is copy/paste workarounds and if that doesn't fix it, you're SoL.

Just makes Blizzard look bad at that point because a 3rd party software is messing up and making it look like their services are unreliable when, in reality, they aren't. Not only that, it makes their job far more difficult when they try to help someone, just to find out that the game is running on a system it was never intended to run on in the first place.

Again, it makes perfect sense what they are doing and to ensure they limit all 3rd party involvements in their products to help ensure they can actually fix an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Third, MOST of the GM's told me that I could use it, there was probably 2 GMs overall that stated "it's against ToS" and another said "Contact our legal team" and ask.
    As soon as even 1 GM said no, that its against the ToS, thats it. Thats confirmation saying that its sketchy to use, at best. If there is confusion like that among the GMs, then that means that there is confusing when looking at these cases for a suspension too.

Heck, if the final GMs were the ones saying no, I would take that as a definitive answer simply because it means you spread awareness enough that it was being addressed. Now that they removed them from Geforce now, its pretty clear that its not supported and is against the ToS
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, just get a PC, these streaming sites still make you buy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So Geforce now launched and utilized the Battlenet launcher. So my point stands. They can troubleshoot problems on their software much easier without any third party software involved.

So you admit that I didn't pull any stupid ideas out of anywhere and I was completely right. Gefoce now just streamed it from somewhere else. A middleman mind you. That does nothing but, as I said, muddy their abilities to handle things properly. When you're having issues launching a game from bnet, do you Really expect them to be like "well, lets troubleshoot this 3rd party service you're using in order to connect to our launcher and games"? That's a ludicrous idea at best. Can't expect them to know how to troubleshoot someone else's product. Even then, the best they could do is copy/paste workarounds and if that doesn't fix it, you're SoL.

Just makes Blizzard look bad at that point because a 3rd party software is messing up and making it look like their services are unreliable when, in reality, they aren't. Not only that, it makes their job far more difficult when they try to help someone, just to find out that the game is running on a system it was never intended to run on in the first place.

Again, it makes perfect sense what they are doing and to ensure they limit all 3rd party involvements in their products to help ensure they can actually fix an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as even 1 GM said no, that its against the ToS, thats it. Thats confirmation saying that its sketchy to use, at best. If there is confusion like that among the GMs, then that means that there is confusing when looking at these cases for a suspension too.

Heck, if the final GMs were the ones saying no, I would take that as a definitive answer simply because it means you spread awareness enough that it was being addressed. Now that they removed them from Geforce now, its pretty clear that its not supported and is against the ToS

Stop riding Blizzard's dick so hard or it might break. Blizzard doesn't have to do a single thing and no Geforce now doesn't mess anything up. It was quite functional hence why all the people that used it are pissed off.
    The only reason behind this move is money. ActiLizzard wanted to squeeze something out of Nvidia for allowing Bnet on their platform.
    Thats why GTA V , Monster Hunter and other titles were pulled recently. Greedy garbage ass publishers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Eh, just get a PC, these streaming sites still make you buy games.
    Geforce Now lets you use your steam/origin/uplay etc libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Stop riding Blizzard's dick so hard or it might break. Blizzard doesn't have to do a single thing and no Geforce now doesn't mess anything up. It was quite functional hence why all the people that used it are pissed off.
    The only reason behind this move is money. ActiLizzard wanted to squeeze something out of Nvidia for allowing Bnet on their platform.
    Thats why GTA V , Monster Hunter and other titles were pulled recently. Greedy garbage ass publishers.
    Im speaking the truth, nothing more. It wasn't "quite functional". Just looking it up on google got me so many threads and posts all over, including Geforce own site, about how things broke and there was no way to fix it until Geforce did.

The more parts there is to something, the more likely something can go wrong in any one of them. Throw in a service made and run by another company, and it becomes impossible for Blizzard to properly address issues surrounding its games. This isn't an opinion piece, this is fact plain as that. Can't fix something you don't own.

The major factor here is that these are not buy and play games. These are online games with customers continuously playing them. Without the ability to properly assist them, it makes Blizzard look bad for someone else's screw up.

I could really care less about this to be honest. However, I see the reasoning and its logical. As for me defending Blizzard, as you put it in different words, no. They screw up a lot and its why I cancelled my WoW sub and have barely played this expansion. This is just one thing they are not screwing up for once.

Now, what part of this screams Greedy publisher? I really must ask since if that was the case, Keeping it on Geforce would benefit them more through the sales gained from people playing Overwatch and WoW subs from other launchers. So from a greed point of view, they just shrank the number of people able to buy loot boxes from Overwatch and cut of some subs being payed for WoW.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-02-12 at 11:10 AM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

- - - Updated - - -

My my..
    Nope you are just saying horse shit pulled our of your ass.

1/ if geforce now had the games in their catalogue it means they had the autorisation to have them.

2 / geforce now was in bêta so they were still working on it. And possible problems with other launchers or games.

3 / there was no heavy problem with battlenet. And if there was, see 2. Blizzard is not impacted.

4/ no statement from blizzard or geforce for the reason so every thing you say is pure horseshit.

5/ many people are impacted by that retarded decision. Not being able to play the games they bought to use on that service. Blizzard shit on them. Once more.

There is nothing to defend.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-02-12 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Conversation for the sake of conversation is wasted time... Pretty sure OP wants solutions, not wasted time.
    What? All this time and you don’t know how forums work? The OP presents a topic to discuss and we discuss it. Lately, you have done nothing but try to shut down all threads with a loaded question. If you don’t want to discuss, then why are you even on a forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Quick 3 solutions for OP then.

1. Stop playing and move on.
    2. Buy a PC.
    3. Switch to Linux.
    Just corrected your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Mu my..
    Nope you are just saying horse shit pulled our of your ass.

1/ if geforce now had the games in their catalogue it means they had the autorisation to have them.

2 / geforce now was in bêta so they were still working on it. And possible problems with other launchers or games.

3 / there was no heavy problem with battlenet. And if there was, see 2. Blizzard is not impacted.

4/ no statement from blizzard or geforce for the reason so every thing you say is pure horseshit.

5/ many people are impacted by that retarded decision. Not being able to play the games they bought to use on that service. Blizzard shit on them. Once more.

There is nothing to defend.
    1: False. It doesn't mean they had the authorization to have them. It just means they found a way to host them.

2: If the general public could get GeForce Now at any time and use it, then beta means nothing. Its used at that point to do as it did with you, make you brush off any bugs and accept them. Something most wouldn't under normal circumstances with something that has a Fee attached for extended play length.

3: Blizzard would be impacted with customers who mistakenly thought the issue was with them and thus, contacted them for a solution. There were some issues posted to the GeForce forums now and again.

4: No statement from them doesn't equate to crap. It just means you don't want to discuss reasons nor accept any.

5: Only people who are at fault are the ones who bought an item from a 3rd party and the 3rd party for offering a service it had no guarantee it could sustain nor continue to grant access to. Any company has a right to remove their products from any 3rd party software it wants to if it did not out right give them permission, as well as if they deem that service no longer profitable to continue a contract with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im speaking the truth, nothing more. It wasn't "quite functional". Just looking it up on google got me so many threads and posts all over, including Geforce own site, about how things broke and there was no way to fix it until Geforce did.

The more parts there is to something, the more likely something can go wrong in any one of them. Throw in a service made and run by another company, and it becomes impossible for Blizzard to properly address issues surrounding its games. This isn't an opinion piece, this is fact plain as that. Can't fix something you don't own.

The major factor here is that these are not buy and play games. These are online games with customers continuously playing them. Without the ability to properly assist them, it makes Blizzard look bad for someone else's screw up.

I could really care less about this to be honest. However, I see the reasoning and its logical. As for me defending Blizzard, as you put it in different words, no. They screw up a lot and its why I cancelled my WoW sub and have barely played this expansion. This is just one thing they are not screwing up for once.

Now, what part of this screams Greedy publisher? I really must ask since if that was the case, Keeping it on Geforce would benefit them more through the sales gained from people playing Overwatch and WoW subs from other launchers. So from a greed point of view, they just shrank the number of people able to buy loot boxes from Overwatch and cut of some subs being payed for WoW.

You are speaking out of your ass as was already proven. You figured it was a good opportunity to do some actilizzard lawyering pro bono.

Whatever is broken is something Nvidia related so it should do the work. What kind of silly arguments are you trying to make up?
    Every issue is an Nvidia Geforce Now issue and they have to fix it. Do you even understand how it works? Blizzard doesn't have to fix anything because its not on their side nor would they be able to. By this stupid reasoning Blizzard should block Bnet access to any low en pc user "because it makes them look bad when they try to run wow on their potato".

1: False. It doesn't mean they had the authorization to have them. It just means they found a way to host them.

2: If the general public could get GeForce Now at any time and use it, then beta means nothing. Its used at that point to do as it did with you, make you brush off any bugs and accept them. Something most wouldn't under normal circumstances with something that has a Fee attached for extended play length.

3: Blizzard would be impacted with customers who mistakenly thought the issue was with them and thus, contacted them for a solution. There were some issues posted to the GeForce forums now and again.

4: No statement from them doesn't equate to crap. It just means you don't want to discuss reasons nor accept any.

5: Only people who are at fault are the ones who bought an item from a 3rd party and the 3rd party for offering a service it had no guarantee it could sustain nor continue to grant access to. Any company has a right to remove their products from any 3rd party software it wants to if it did not out right give them permission, as well as if they deem that service no longer profitable to continue a contract with.
    1 / they had the right to host them, since pretty much the start of the bêta.
    2 - 3 / when you launch a game from geforce now and it does not launch. You know it's from geforce now.
    4 / no statement from a company that suddenly make impossible for people who bought their games to play it, is a dick move from a piece of crap company. Not much more to say.

5 / people bought their game from blizzard. Thinking they could play them by geforce.
    Blizzard rend inopérant their only way to play the game. Blizzard are complete assholes. That's their right. That's still being an asshole.

6 / your arguments are false and pure horseshit
    Based on nothing. And you even go to imagine horseshit arguments from blizzard to eat them with a smile.
    Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I just found out that last week they partnered with google to stream their e-sports and there is speculation they are going to go to Stadia and be exclusive to them for cloud streaming, effectively making everyone have to re-buy their game to play them on Stadia. If this is true, there aren't even words to describe how much of a garbage pos company they have become.
    Fucking gross lol...
    I get the sense google is even worse run than Acti, when it comes to these side projects, how much shit do they introduce that just fails out the gate. Stadia has been awful from day one, and out of all the companies in the world, Google with their scrooge mcduck money should be able to just throw cash at it to make it work, but they dont.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as even 1 GM said no, that its against the ToS, thats it. T
    hats confirmation saying that its sketchy to use, at best. If there is confusion like that among the GMs, then that means that there is confusing when looking at these cases for a suspension too.

Not really. It just confirms that GMs have no idea on everything, besides serving basic services for customers.

All I know if that I was not banned and my friends did not, and we played like what 1 year + ?

So why didn't Nvidia have a contract that prevented publishers pulling their games at will? Surely it must be their bad for selling a service without locking down the rights.

Man, I agree that its messed up, but all you can do is shrug and go on about your day. I was actually on OPs side til I read more.

Now, the OP is just coming across as a whiny child who doesnt understand how business works (literally at all). Let's say it is a greed thing and they want to move it to Stadia. It's a good move, a great move, actually because the people that will go "Oh neat" and rebuy the game for on the fly play will far outweigh the whinebags.

Hell, not gonna lie, if they do go to Stadia (and confirm it wont get you banned to play), it might be the first time I take Stadia seriously and give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they are a company and their sole goal is to make money, soooo yeah they are going to follow the money. Why are you mad at them? it is not their responsibility to make an alternative for you. If they go to Stadia because they were offered more money, then complain to Stadia. Companies do not owe you anything, likewise you are not forced to use their products if you are unhappy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    From reading all the OP's posts they do come off as a entitled whiny brat.. And it is up to Activision as they own the IP's to say yay or nay if GeForce Now can do this.. And since they can't nothing more can be done about it, until Activision give Nvidia the okay to supply the games..

Not surprising. Blizzard has their own launcher that provides access to their games and connectivity between them. Having them on a whole, unaffiliated launcher, would do nothing but muddy their process. B.net battle tag would be gone, not to mention any ability to actively support their customers would be drastically cut since they would not have acess to the launcher for troubleshooting problems.

As much as I hate Activision, I can see why Blizzard would do this. It just makes sense when you stop to think about how integrated their launcher is with their games. Especially a game like Overwatch where connecting with friends would just be made harder when a new launcher that Blizzard cannot make any compatibility to is introduced.
    So does Steam. And they managed to intrgrate it.

As to making blizzard look bad, they could just throw in a disclaimer when launched informing you that's not supported but allowed.

Same as it was with latency reducing services. I knew it wasn't blizzard's fault that I would get disconnected ilwhen heavy aoe happened.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-02-12 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It likely has nothing to do with being "outbid" at all. The way geforce now works is you have to login to the bnet app on a cloud based nvidia PC or in other words not your own. Some idiot big wig at blizzard probably just realized this and told them to shut it down because it's technically against their ToS.

Expect more and more publishers or launchers to start doing this, especially now that it's out of beta. Why? Because nvidia didn't seek permission from any of them and they are making money off their product without giving them a cut. It's about greed but has nothing to do with stadia and just Nvidia being stupid AF and going about it the wrong way.

You can't just sell a service that lets you play a publishers games without getting their permission to do so, they're lucky blizzard just told them to take it down instead of outright suing because they legally could. Blame Nvidia for promising such a service without doing their due diligence to make sure it would work.
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I disagree that they are making money on their games any more than Asus or Intel are. It isn't giving you the games, it's just giving you remote hardware to use.