Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Well, to be fair, they did have to grind the MC/Ony raids for months to get the epic gear required in order to clear BWL. Those thinking they can enter BWL with leveling greens and dungeon blues and think they're getting very far in there with that gear are in over their heads. Unless the 1.12 version of talents/gear in Classic really was THAT strong and made that much of a difference, it's not happening...
    ....well we also have the fun fact that unlike before people now KNOW that they need to farm ony scales to do BWL and can do so ahead of time...versus before no one had any idea and it was this fun surprise mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I haven't. As I mentioned in another topic i quit WoW shortly after TBC. Only came back for Classic. But I watched a few boss videos on YouTube from various expansions since then and they looked nowhere near as hard as original Vanilla ones.
    At least you are honest enough to say you havnt done it - most on here are world first raiders in retail, classic, and every single PS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    world first bwl clear was by drama september 26 2005, 15 years ago
    This take is not funny or clever. Everyone knows that. There is still some skill in clearing a raid, on a new server, first.

Just a few hours unless there are server issues or boss mechanic bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    This take is not funny or clever. Everyone knows that. There is still some skill in clearing a raid, on a new server, first.
    Making stupid thread about BWL "world first" is not funny or clever either. "Everyone" knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Making stupid thread about BWL "world first" is not funny or clever either. "Everyone" knows that.
    Are you really this salty and mad you won't be able to compete with world first in classic? Like it's just a game, back off

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Are you really this salty and mad you won't be able to compete with world first in classic? Like it's just a game, back off
    More likely amused by the classic community. You guys seem to be very unique people.

I haven't. As I mentioned in another topic i quit WoW shortly after TBC. Only came back for Classic. But I watched a few boss videos on YouTube from various expansions since then and they looked nowhere near as hard as original Vanilla ones.
    Its cause you havent played the game in so long. Its hard to understand everything that goes into killing mythic boss now without knowing the fight, everything that has to happen, how tight dps checks are , etc. In vanilla you had patchwerk where ranged dps just dpsed him like a training dummy, and thaddius where you had to make a simple jump and then do 1 mechanic, polarity. Now you have 10+ mechanics on hard bosses and one mistake means a wipe, while you need to do high dps to make dps checks and dps rotations are not as easy as 1 button.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, anyone got an update how is the progress going? US guilds should have cleared it by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    So, anyone got an update how is the progress going? US guilds should have cleared it by now?
    At 3:00 p.m. PST (6:00 p.m. EST) on Wednesday, February 12, we will unlock the following WoW Classic content simultaneously on all realms:
    Blackwing Lair
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    At 3:00 p.m. PST (6:00 p.m. EST) on Wednesday, February 12, we will unlock the following WoW Classic content simultaneously on all realms:
    Blackwing Lair
    I'm dumb. Totally forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Watching videos is very different from executing the fight. There are also way more things going on in raid fights now than back then so to say classic raid fights are harder than current ones and some even on heroic level is truly laughable.

You're essentially going "eh I watched some vids and it looks easy" and on top of it admitting you haven't done any.
    Don't respond to troll bait dude, the guy is literally just egging you on, nobody is retarded enough to genuinely say that and believe it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Well, to be fair, they did have to grind the MC/Ony raids for months to get the epic gear required in order to clear BWL. Those thinking they can enter BWL with leveling greens and dungeon blues and think they're getting very far in there with that gear are in over their heads. Unless the 1.12 version of talents/gear in Classic really was THAT strong and made that much of a difference, it's not happening...
    This isn't any different now than those who complete raids at heroic/mythic level and then go in to the next tier smashing normal mode.

No one has the expectation someone in leveling greens/dungeon blues can take down +1 raid tier bosses. Also not even sure if it's possible to do in retail.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Don't respond to troll bait dude, the guy is literally just egging you on, nobody is retarded enough to genuinely say that and believe it.
    People can surprise us everyday.

Nah but truly usually I want to look for someone's reasoning why they would say that. Especially when lots of prominent wow influencers have already stated how piss easy Classic raids are compared to Retail.

Also someone brought up a good point about it's not just spamming 1 button rotations anymore. To do amazing dps in retail you really have to play keyboard ddr basically. That's another major difference between Classic's easy raid gameplay vs Retail's.

That's fair enough. Classic raids are quite a bit harder than equivalent Normal raids in retail. Some of them are arguably on a heroic retail level. I don't buy that 4-5 hours clears people keep bringing up. Average guild will take a week of attempts to clear BWL for the first time.
    Lfr is harder than classic raids.

The hardest part of classic raiding is getting out bed and brewing a Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Lfr is harder than classic raids.

The hardest part of classic raiding is getting out bed and brewing a Coffee.
    Yeah small overaggro just on trash and its a wipe. LFR people won't have the patience so get past the first trash mob in BWL, Naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Ny'alotha WF race is over and it's time to another race.
    Original BWL lasted 3.5 months but with better experience it'll probably take 4-5 days.

What do you think will top Classic guilds gather to play in same place and have retail like event etc like we had in Ny'alotha and Molten Core race?
    We had Method hosting world first MC race but I haven't heard anything about them hosting BWL race.
    Man there are people have done that place zillion times, they know the place inch by inch. They can walk through the raid with close eyes.

*IF* there were no private servers available over the years, i would agree that it would take about a week to clear it, because ppl forgot the mechanics etc.

But since there are guilds that killed it literally hundreads of times on private servers, they minmax the living shit out of classic and probably cleared it with green BoE gear just for shits and giggles at least once. I would say it will take like 2 hours to clear it when it goes live.

Nevertheless I enjoy the classic gameplay way too much. I am not a classic hater, I am just realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    damn thats some serious GRAVE DIGGING! :-P

ps: the world first bwl was done 15 years ago....
    wow classic world first has nothing to do with wow world first. In classic the rules/circumstances for the world first raids are quite different.

Unfortunately the race will always be won by US Servers

BWL first is about hours, not days. It's a one shot for lots of guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Unfortunately the race will always be won by US Servers
    Why is that? It's a world wide release.