Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Have that and the one that revives you.. Still not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling the tree as fast as possible but the amount of momentoes needed every time is ridiculous.
    It takes me a week at least to get one talent.
    The more visions you run the faster you get the momentos. The amount you get per run starts spiking if you can do a couple medium zones or a hard and a medium + the end person. The more you clear the faster it goes also as you get your research up you will see more and more chests that drop a good amount of momentos too. I have been playing super conservatively and not risking failures and still am down to like 1 point left in the last 3 pointer talent and then the capstone one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Their HP is nerfed by 42% for healers and 25% for tanks, or something along those lines.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a few rares that can spawn, you can click all the mailboxes(each has a chance to summon a mob that drops a mount), there's at least 1 easy to get toy in each and probably more.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding potions, there's a specific spot that always has the bad one in each vision. Both on a corpse early in the first area. In Orgrimmar it's in a house next to the blacksmith and in Stormwind it's in the south east(iirc) corner of the first quarter. That way you know which color to ignore and can safely take the rest.
    Oh wow, see all the visions i have done, hadn't noticed that about the potion. Will be handy thanks bud.

They are fun but you can't even run them, you get so few keys to enter, you basically only have enough to upgrade cloak and maybe 1-2 more per week to actually try hard mask full clears, wasted potential.
    Full clearing without masks is faceroll but doing multiple masks (trying to full clear with 4) takes attempts, if they are so afraid people are gonna grind them down if keys become easily available then they can keep adding more masks later on or an affix that doubles the masks effects.
    idk, I just don't see the point of limiting entry this much.
    Last edited by kek280; 2020-02-11 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Two changes would make them a LOT better:

1. Make vessels stack
    2. Increase CV cap to 30k

Right now, I have to burn vessels because I'm overflowing the cap.
    Yea, that would be good. I have been needing to spend because i have been doing them everyday due to rep, i'm not losing a single rep. I just did it like one day and that was because i was at work til late and cba to go game after that.

I think they should increase the amount of CV, because if they do that, you're not "forced" to not get more or just spend them. A lil bit more expanded CV would be better imo. And you could buy whatever you wanted, instead of just vessels, i would even say, 40k, 30k still feels low.

I love them

It’s fun and stuff you can do just for fun

Two changes would make them a LOT better:

1. Make vessels stack
    2. Increase CV cap to 30k

Right now, I have to burn vessels because I'm overflowing the cap.
    Just uncap coal, vessels or both. What's wrong with letting people stockpile as many as they want?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just uncap coal, vessels or both. What's wrong with letting people stockpile as many as they want?
    Because in the end you would run out of bag and bank space since they stack one and one in them! :P

Pls make them actually stack in bags!

I barely did WQ for 2 weeks, did extra Vessel runs and Im still sittin at 5 in the bag and 25k in currency and I have yet to do the other Invasion in Uldum an the minor Vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Because in the end you would run out of bag and bank space since they stack one and one in them! :P

Pls make them actually stack in bags!
    haha, I figured that would have been fixed weeks ago..

You know how I know you don't play a caster?

Without telling us what class you play, your comments aren't really worth anything.
    Even as a caster you should quite comfortably(in terms of time/health, not necessarily fun) clear 2-3 side areas with the talents mentioned.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    If you're dying in a horrific vision, you have your own poor planning to blame. Not a single pack in either of the 2 versions can kill you all on their own unless you do nothing and stay still for 20-30 seconds. If you over-pull, that's on you. If you under-pull and end up losing sanity before killing the boss, that's on you too for not being able to do some simple mental math and determine you could've pulled 2-3 mobs more per pull.

You go from a random sentence about playing classic right into being tossed around with scorched feet? How is either of those relevant to each other? Also it only takes you to get tossed 1-2 times for you to figure out that if you stand still, you don't get tossed. You only get tossed if you move a couple steps forward or sideways.
    Also your claim about being tossed when refreshing sanity is non-sense, because popping the orb temporarily disables ALL horrific vision affixes within the orb's radius. So even if your feet were already ignited, popping the orb makes it go away. If you moved in that duration, that's on you.

Manage health and sanity? As a DH? Are you running visions at like 390 item level? What in there is doing that much damage to you? Do you not interrupt or stun anything? Are you running it without the leech talent? If so, that's on you, again. Starting to see a pattern here.

Sanity drain stops being a worry once you hit cloak rank 3 and upwards, at least for a 3 chest run. If you're running single chests for just the quest item, then you have 3 orbs to use before you enter Alleria/Thrall's room, what the heck are you doing with those?

As another dude pointed out already, you're playing one of the best, if not THE best class to do visions on right now and yet you're coming up with the most illogical complaints.
    Maybe it's time to take a step back and accept you don't know how to play your class. First learn how to do that, and then play the content that requires you to know how to use the tools at your disposal. SMH \rant
    Uhm, what? What the hell did I say that pissed you off so much, you needed to write a 5 paragraph rant how much I suck? Maybe I haven't been doing a ton of horrific visions and am still getting the hang of it? Could have inferred that from me mentioning that I'm only playing the game for 1-2 months right now and having obvious beginner problems? Which still does not invalidate my statement that I personally don't enjoy the visions currently for my stated reasons.

I never said I'm an amazing player or that I know how to play my class perfectly and the game is to blame. I did my share of high end raiding in the past but at this point I'm a casual player, and as I mentioned, only playing for probably a month or two till I take another break for probably several months.
    And I only explained explained why I don't enjoy the horrific visions and those are my personal reasons.
    I never said that the visions were unfair or the game too hard or anything like that. Just that I'm having these problems, be they unfounded or not.

"Random sentence about playing Classic into scorched feet". Wtf? I explained that I play solo because because most people I did play with in the past don't play WoW or anymore or are playing Classic, which means I can't group with them. And I mentioned scorched feet because I had attempted a corrupted area in Stormwind for the first time and had trouble with the scorched feet thing the first time around.
    Oh my god, how dare I explain my situation and my take on the topic just a little bit?

I didn't attack you or make accusations or ranted or anything like that, so how about you take a chill pill and don't start random beef with people?

Not gonna like, to me they are the most enjoyable thing since mage tower. I'm not playing a perfect dps class but still I enjoy them a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonentity View Post
    Uhm, what? What the hell did I say that pissed you off so much, you needed to write a 5 paragraph rant how much I suck? Maybe I haven't been doing a ton of horrific visions and am still getting the hang of it? Could have inferred that from me mentioning that I'm only playing the game for 1-2 months right now and having obvious beginner problems? Which still does not invalidate my statement that I personally don't enjoy the visions currently for my stated reasons.

I never said I'm an amazing player or that I know how to play my class perfectly and the game is to blame. I did my share of high end raiding in the past but at this point I'm a casual player, and as I mentioned, only playing for probably a month or two till I take another break for probably several months.
    And I only explained explained why I don't enjoy the horrific visions and those are my personal reasons.
    I never said that the visions were unfair or the game too hard or anything like that. Just that I'm having these problems, be they unfounded or not.

"Random sentence about playing Classic into scorched feet". Wtf? I explained that I play solo because because most people I did play with in the past don't play WoW or anymore or are playing Classic, which means I can't group with them. And I mentioned scorched feet because I had attempted a corrupted area in Stormwind for the first time and had trouble with the scorched feet thing the first time around.
    Oh my god, how dare I explain my situation and my take on the topic just a little bit?

I didn't attack you or make accusations or ranted or anything like that, so how about you take a chill pill and don't start random beef with people?
    Nice cop out lol.
    My entire "rant" was based on the bullshit you were spouting in your post, trying to make visions look more complicated and harder than they are.
    Taking the "i'm a casual player now, i'm not skilled" road now won't change what you posted earlier and the approach you took to making visions look like this needlessly complicated content.
    Just seeing the crap you wrote about the things "you face" in visions while playing a DH and having seen the content on a DH myself, it was just triggering to see you complain about the content or paint it as complex. If you felt attacked, fair, maybe that wasn't my intention, but telling you things as they are, I definitely meant to.
    There's maybe 1 sentence in my previous post that took at a dig at your lack of skill on your class, while the rest of it was just breaking your comment apart bit by bit and telling you how it was nonsense. But sure, try to make it look my entire post was just an attack. Lmao, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Doing it solo the problem with them is that you get 3 (easy to earn) chances per week, 4 if you grind dailies and so on. This week you need 2 runs to get the cloak upgrade which means it's risky to experiment with new strats, talents etc and be more aggressive because if you die you're done. Next week you need 3 runs for the upgrade which is all of your tokens used up on runs where you don't want to take any chances. The content would be a lot better if you had limited chances to get loot/mementos etc but an unlimited amount of practice runs.
    well in those 2 "needed" you have to kill 2/4 zones to get the upgrade and you dont need to kill the end boss, so if you can easily solo it full you have time worth of 2 zones and end boss to experiment, so trying whatever shouldnt be much of issue

I just wish I could have a reliable interrupt as Demonology without throwing away my Fel Guard. I mean I can stun the casters but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Ion said in an interview that one of the things Retail should learn from Classic is "the pacing". So why do they still think this ADHD gogogo solo content they call Horrific Visions is OK in 8.3? Did they learn anything from Classic? I agree with you 100%.
    It's probably because they prefer to save large-scale design shifts like that for expansion launches. Expect Shadowlands to be a bit slower-paced and Torghast to be more about planning and timing than zerging with 5 melee.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

5+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I feel I'll enjoy them more when my cloak gets to the point I can do more solo. I don't really like the slows/jumping thing and some of the adds are annoying. I imagine when I feel less pressed for corruption, these things will feel less and less obnoxious to me.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Ye i don't get why can't we have more than 5.... :/

15+ Year Old Account
    As a havoc DH this is currently the most enjoyable thing for me to do solo in the game. But I also loved Mage Tower, Brawler's Guild, and the Warlock Green Fire quest. Solo challenges are probably my favorite aspect of WoW, including soloing old dungeons and raids, for that matter.

I'm certainly not playing or geared optimally (446 ilvl) but yesterday I was able to clear all four lost areas in Orgrimmar and make it back to Thrall with about 150-200 Sanity remaining, got him to about 50% before I messed up and ate some AoE that drained the rest of my Sanity. I made some pretty obvious mistakes in that run as it was my first time attempting 2+2+1 and only the second time I'd included Valley of Honor in a run, but now I have my cloak at Rank 10 and I've reached Gift of the Titans in the research tree, so my next set of runs should get me the rest of the way there.

Incidentally, I think this is basically what Island Expeditions should have been from the start. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the Maw of the Damned in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-02-12 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the biggest fan of then on my lock. Plenty fine on dk and hunter. Overall, it would’ve been nice to have more than Org & SW. I dislike Stormwind and tempted to simply skip those weeks soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem i have with them is if you DC/crash/etc then that's a wasted vessel. Otherwise i really enjoy running them.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!