Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I would personally say bloomberg could be at least just as bad as trump imo.
    The difference is mental competence, so yea, he could be worse. People act like Trump is the worst possibility, but it could always be worse, so we still need to take care to select the best candidate, or at least steer clear of the worst ones.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why? The primary still will get a candidate out and you can still vote for your prefered candidate in whatever format your state allows. Your PROPORTIONAL representation is there. You do not get disproportional representation by trying to force strategic choices on others. So this is not about Democracy, this is about me above others.
    I'm not forcing anything on anybody, as to your second point, Bloomberg was Republican until five minutes ago.
    /s

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would a Bloomberg presidency replace two liberal judges in the SCOTUS with two very conservative judges in the next four years? Would it push for conservative judges in all circuits?
    scotus is the least of my concerns.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Indeed.

Moderate democrats seem unwilling to realize that Bernie holds the power and influence right now... and that if they really want to get rid of Trump they should just go and support him -right now-. Else it'll be a toss up, some of the most prominent polls even seem to indicate that it's either going to be Sanders or nobody for the Democratic Party.

So support Sanders if you want to get rid of Trump. It's very easy and simple to understand.
    The "Vote blue no matter who" thing the right wing of the party uses all the time is very flimsy when confronted with how they deal with Sanders as leading candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well good for you not having a uterus.
    I would rather that than a nation wide stop and frisk policy that targets minorities over white people.

Sorry if you don't agree.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Well good for you not having a uterus.
    or being gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    The "Vote blue no matter who" thing the right wing of the party uses all the time is very flimsy when confronted with how they deal with Sanders as leading candidate.
    On this forum its usually "They shouldn't even let him run" or "He should drop out".
    /s

I would rather that than a nation wide stop and frisk policy that targets minorities over white people.

Sorry if you don't agree.
    yeah continuing legal discrimination is always worth it.

that moment when you forget the lesser of two evils is still evil as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    yeah continuing legal discrimination is always worth it.

that moment when you forget the lesser of two evils is still evil as fuck.
    I mean preferable he doesn't actually make it and that choice is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No he hasn't. The media attacks him constantly.
    This is where your delusional and ignorant approach backfires on you. If you had a cooler head you'd realize the war between Bernie and the media/candidates/party has not broken out yet. After Iowa you could see the frustrations flare up and people talking about unity and divisiveness while looking in his general direction, but that's it. If you think you have seen all that is standing between Bernie and the nomination you really want to think again.

And while I do think the cordiality between bernie vs. everyone else is a ticking time-bomb, I do think that on the short term things will stay civil. As long as Bernie doesn't pull in a surprise demo (black people?) and stays cemented at a quarter to a third of the base, I don't think people will be all that worried about him or frustrated with him.

Would a Bloomberg presidency replace two liberal judges in the SCOTUS with two very conservative judges in the next four years? Would it push for conservative judges in all circuits?
    Probably? The guy is literally a democrat because he doesn't like Trump, he was a Republican until like 2 years ago. He's a prime example of why putting a "D" next to your name doesn't make you worth voting for.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Many of Bernie voters are honest in their intent. They're anti-establishment independents that chose their candidate because of policy and to me seem to be very principled voters.
    They have enough voting power to pressure the party, and I'm perfectly fine with it. That's how democracy works when you have a winner-takes-all system after all.
    Sounds good. As long as they vote for the eventual nominee.

- - - Updated - - -

So why aren't you going after yang supporter where 42% say they will not support the other candidate. You really upset about Bernie supporters where it's only 16% which is within 5% of 2 other candidates.

Going after everyone so they are on message, including me.

Many of Bernie voters are honest in their intent. They're anti-establishment independents that chose their candidate because of policy and to me seem to be very principled voters.
    They have enough voting power to pressure the party, and I'm perfectly fine with it. That's how democracy works when you have a winner-takes-all system after all.

I'm going to assume you're not being a T-Word here and not deliberately trying to sow division into the party like so many here are trying - so I'll explain this simply.

1) There's nothing "Right Wing" about "Vote Blue no matter Who". I voted for Bernie in the primary in 2016, and happily voted for Hillary in the main election - because I know what's at stake here. Warren is my #1, with Bernie #2 and Pete #3 - I'd have NO problem voting for Pete if he won the primary in this election.

2) Being "honest and principled" only works in a normal election - this is NOT a normal election! Not voting only works as a viable option if the two candidates involved are stable and not government-shattering. Here's the reality check: You can, quite literally, lose all rights to being Honest and Principled if Dump wins as that may be the last time you ever get the chance to vote ever again. That is not an exxageration either. RBG will be gone from SCOTUS one way or another in the next 2 years, and that will fundamentally change our entire system. You will have only ONE chance at deciding who's going to be at the head, with one of them a proven criminal/facist. No candiate (apart from Tulsi) on the Dem side has shown ANYTHING close to being as bad as Dump.

The time for "Being Principled" is later. The time for doing simply what is right is now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Going after everyone so they are on message, including me.

So I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to provide a couple posts of your condemning the 42% of yang voters that won't vote for the other candidate? Or in fact even anyone but Bernie.

Do any of you Bernie supporters really believe that he wants to be POTUS? This doesnt feel like another cash grab to you? I mean, its pretty much what he did last time. They basically stole Iowa from him like they did last time. He knows it will happen again. Bernie is just looking to write another book to get more $$ from you broke ass Bernie Bros. Its hilarious to think a Senator that is known to basically do absolutely nothing throughout his entire career. A person known to be a lazy old ass fuck by all of his peers, really wants that job. He knows he is going to lose. He wants to lose. He wants more of your donations, even though he knows most of the people that follow him are broke ass college dropouts. I mean if the guy really wanted to win, he would have run like the Independent he is. You Bernie Supporters think you are the Dem version of Alex P. Keyton. But you all are more like the cast of Half Baked.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-12 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

So I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to provide a couple posts of your condemning the 42% of yang voters that won't vote for the other candidate? Or in fact even anyone but Bernie.
    Yang's voters are nowhere near as relevant as Sanders' voters. Sanders stat is the one that stands out because a) he's a frontrunner and b) he has a lot of No's and Undecideds. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.
    Last edited by Zaktar; 2020-02-12 at 05:10 PM.

Calling it now, Sander will not be the canditate. Trump will lose popular vote by about 1-2 million votes. But will win electoral colleges. You can quote me when the clown show happens this winter. Pretty fucking hillarious to blame Bernie voters for the incoming democrats loss.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-02-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Probably? The guy is literally a democrat because he doesn't like Trump, he was a Republican until like 2 years ago. He's a prime example of why putting a "D" next to your name doesn't make you worth voting for.
    I was watching the Hill's NH primary coverage and they mentioned that Bloomberg funded both Bush 2 and Giuliani, plus also funded Warren's opponents as recently as 2018. I haven't managed to verify sources on this yet, though, so I don't know how true it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I was watching the Hill's NH primary coverage and they mentioned that Bloomberg funded both Bush 2 and Giuliani, plus also funded Warren's opponents as recently as 2018. I haven't managed to verify sources on this yet, though, so I don't know how true it is.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...y-winning.html

Doesn't go back to the Bush days, but it does show that he backs a variety of candidates, and mostly candidates who win. If he's throwing his money against Trump, I'm fine with that. He's not gonna get the nomination, so he can burn money hurting Trump and other candidates can benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...y-winning.html

Doesn't go back to the Bush days, but it does show that he backs a variety of candidates, and mostly candidates who win. If he's throwing his money against Trump, I'm fine with that. He's not gonna get the nomination, so he can burn money hurting Trump and other candidates can benefit.
    While right now I tend to agree on that as statistically he most likely won't... I must remind you that people said the same thing about Dump durring the 2016 GOP Primary. >_<

If there's one lesson anybody in 2016 should've learned, is to never ever take anything for granted. ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Do any of you Bernie supporters really believe that he wants to be POTUS? This doesnt feel like another cash grab to you? [snipped as the rest is so stupid]
    Wow, your types are really out in force trying to just get people arguing, are you? That was so poorly and obviously written that I can tell even YOU don't believe in what you wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

scotus is the least of my concerns.
    The Bloomberg SCOTUS choices asside - SCOTUS should be the PRIMARY concern IMO!

You could have the most progressive President in history and nothing would get changed if the SCOTUS is 6-2 in favor of Traitorpublican Policy (Currently it's 5-3, with RBG almost guaranteeing to leave in the next 2 years).

The ONLY thing that could stop that from happening is a Democratic Senate stacking the courts... and as people pointed out, Democratic Senate is a long shot ATM.