Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt they already ban people before using cloud gaming.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    It's part of Blizzard's anti-bot/anti-account-sharing/anti-account-stealing protection. They bind your account to your IP. As simple, as that. Game isn't allowed in some countries (that are under US sanctions for example) and player can possible use virtual computers as proxy servers. And while binding to IP is a little bit obsoleted, Blizzard still don't want to get rid of it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

this really sucks my nut.

so why exactly would they do that? wasn't it a win-win-win for everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What is GeForce NOW?

I only know GeForce as a manufactorer of video cards (and drivers), but it's clearly now what this is about.
    use google thats smart idea

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's part of Blizzard's anti-bot/anti-account-sharing/anti-account-stealing protection. They bind your account to your IP. As simple, as that. Game isn't allowed in some countries (that are under US sanctions for example) and player can possible use virtual computers as proxy servers. And while binding to IP is a little bit obsoleted, Blizzard still don't want to get rid of it.
    Actually they dont do that anymore. Hence the fact that you can play with VPN, this is confirmed by GM's. But it is part of the anti-bot protection. With cloud streaming there is no way of knowing what is happening on the third party computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I mean, they are a company and their sole goal is to make money, soooo yeah they are going to follow the money. Why are you mad at them? it is not their responsibility to make an alternative for you. If they go to Stadia because they were offered more money, then complain to Stadia. Companies do not owe you anything, likewise you are not forced to use their products if you are unhappy.
    THIS
    THIS
    THIS

this freakin attitude is WHY we are in this place.
    Stop it.

A few hundred years earlier everyone said the same thing as you do, EXCEPT used the word "GOD" instead of "MONEY".

The "sole goal" of a company is to make GOOD PRODUCTS or SERVICES. Nothing else. It the product is good, they get rich. If the product is awful, they go bankrupt.
    Now? Do "big" corporations ever go bankrupt? Nope, because the governments use YOUR TAX MONEY to bail them out.

Think think think, please.

Geforce now has been against the terms of service since, at the very least, june 1st 2018. But i swear i heard about bans in summer 2016, could be wrong.

Idky nvidia kept bnet games on there... they should have known it was against their(bliz) tos.

As for botting evasion? How would that even work? Its the same as a desktop and using a vpn while using a cloud service is counterintuitive, meaning you will only slow down performance with ping and shit. They can still run software checks like they always have and ban you at the account level. So i dont see a problem in this regard.

Maybe the just dont want change. Cloud game will be part of the future but i dont think its THE future. Not until ultra stable internet is a thing. Ya know, <1ms latency overall devices in the connection with no hiccups.

As it is rn, cloud gaming is more of a convenience than a commodity. What do i mean by this? Its great to have while on the go but dont want to bring the big rig or judt going from room to room with your phone from the tv. Its nice.

But with in home use, I recommend steam link. Its a much better way from going from room to room and you have your own dedicated hardware. I personal opinion, cloud gaming need another ~15-20 years of r&d.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Actually they dont do that anymore. Hence the fact that you can play with VPN, this is confirmed by GM's. But it is part of the anti-bot protection. With cloud streaming there is no way of knowing what is happening on the third party computer.
    And actually. Typing your login and password in 3rd party app falls into "account sharing" category.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    Well to be honest the WC3 thing was a Blizzard screw up and this thing has to do with Activision, as much as you just want to lump them together it's not that easy.

Why is anyone surprised genuinely? They updated the EULA in June 2018 to explicitly prohibit cloud gaming services for their games, and additionally banned people for it, so they actually enforced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You made the statement blizzard agreed to it, the burden of proof is on you. I'll give you a hint from the EULA:

Now have fun proving it was ever authorized. Blizzard literally did a ban wave on people using it months ago, likely just realized wtf was going on and told nvidia to take the shit down. It's not complicated my friend.
    I have proof. Its called: read the article linked in the op. Its plainly stated that every game supported on GeForce Now was authorized by their publisher and Activision just changed their mind. Its pretty ridiculous people in here pretending to experts on stuff when they didn't even look at the article.

Seems like Activision-Blizzard really wants to give EA are run for their money for the title of "most anti-consumer publisher of all time".

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess they're going with stadia or just want to piss people off for the lulz? I mean they're missing out on more revenue with people that don't have good PCs so they must have something planned. I'm pretty sure I could play WoW on it when I got in the beta for free that lasted years so its pretty odd they would remove them now. Its a really nice platform for when your PC takes a shit or just want to travel and play, hell you could use a shitty laptop and play in good graphics.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-02-12 at 05:43 PM.

Good reminder that while digital ownership is already tenuous, digital "ownership" on livestreaming services is even more so.

This is why I'm not a fan of cloud gaming, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seems like Activision-Blizzard really wants to give EA are run for their money for the title of "most anti-consumer publisher of all time".
    Sorry, but at least since a few years they Activision left EA behind like the Road Runner outruns the Coyote on being the "most anti-consumer publisher"
    MEEP MEEP

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Good reminder that while digital ownership is already tenuous, digital "ownership" on livestreaming services is even more so.

This is why I'm not a fan of cloud gaming, at least not yet.
    I'm in the same boat. I hate having anything that is a digital only license because things can be yanked away for any reason and leave you with nothing. With that said, I do have games on Steam, Blizzard, etc. I just hate the whole idea altogether.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It likely has nothing to do with being "outbid" at all. The way geforce now works is you have to login to the bnet app on a cloud based nvidia PC or in other words not your own. Some idiot big wig at blizzard probably just realized this and told them to shut it down because it's technically against their ToS.

Expect more and more publishers or launchers to start doing this, especially now that it's out of beta. Why? Because nvidia didn't seek permission from any of them and they are making money off their product without giving them a cut. It's about greed but has nothing to do with stadia and just Nvidia being stupid AF and going about it the wrong way.

You can't just sell a service that lets you play a publishers games without getting their permission to do so, they're lucky blizzard just told them to take it down instead of outright suing because they legally could. Blame Nvidia for promising such a service without doing their due diligence to make sure it would work.
    But publishers are making money out of it. GFN is used by people who doesn't want to buy new PC or have shitty laptops and can't run new games. Now they can buy these games and play through GFN.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not surprising. Blizzard has their own launcher that provides access to their games and connectivity between them. Having them on a whole, unaffiliated launcher, would do nothing but muddy their process. B.net battle tag would be gone, not to mention any ability to actively support their customers would be drastically cut since they would not have acess to the launcher for troubleshooting problems.

As much as I hate Activision, I can see why Blizzard would do this. It just makes sense when you stop to think about how integrated their launcher is with their games. Especially a game like Overwatch where connecting with friends would just be made harder when a new launcher that Blizzard cannot make any compatibility to is introduced.
    Steam allows you to add Bnet Launcher to your game list, which is no different that running it Local

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Geforce Now lets you use your steam/origin/uplay etc libraries.
    Yeah, but you still have to buy the games.
    This is probably good for those who don't want to upgrade their PC every few years.
    But what if you want to pirate games, hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I have proof.
    No you don't. AB is a publicly traded company, if they came to an agreement with Nvidia for this it's on the books. Feel free to link to it, instead of trying to play semantics over some shitty writing on the part of the journalist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AkundaMrdal View Post
    But publishers are making money out of it.
    No they aren't, they are making money off standard game sales. Nvidia is making profit by letting you play them, and advertising those games without giving them any cut. You think just because you have to buy the games on Stadia google could just put them up without publisher permission? Hell no they can't, and I'm not sure how nvidia's legal team let this project happen in the first place. If you think it has a future you are wrong.