Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...you sure about that?

[video=youtube;Cas2wXZz1PE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cas2wXZz1PE[video]

Because I'm fucking not.
    i mean, i guess. i know people are stupid, but it's the same motions, the same movement over and over.

the intention was obvious from the start imo.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...s-program.html

So that whole scholarship thing...yeah, it was dumber than it sounds. And Trump and Devos are still looking like they want to gut our education system for anyone that makes the stupid decision to be poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...s-program.html

So that whole scholarship thing...yeah, it was dumber than it sounds. And Trump and Devos are still looking like they want to gut our education system for anyone that makes the stupid decision to be poor.
    I think they want to gut the education system in general since the source of most of their support is stupidity and ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    anybody that watched it knows that's not when it happened.

it's not to say she did it during that, it's to say that by ripping the speech, she disrespected those honored during it. personally, i don't exactly care about her ripping it, and i know that if she's even half-decent, she's not gonna be against that little girl getting a scholarship. but this is why she shouldn't have done it, it was a dumb stunt that just made more of a mess.
    No, you are just doing mental gymnastics.

This type of editing is common in reality shows to present a false narrative. This edited video is not aimed at anybody that watched the SOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    So trump is weaponizing Pelosi ripping up the speech by editing it into a video that makes it look like she did it as the airman was being honored.
    Is that why the GOP is now letting Trump Blackmail other countries to look for dirt on a Political Opponent?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    No, you are just doing mental gymnastics.

This type of editing is common in reality shows to present a false narrative. This edited video is not aimed at anybody that watched the SOTU.
    this is the same as every other political ad i've ever seen, with quick cuts to dirty looks and other shit like that.

i'm just saying that the intention seems obvious "look at her ripping up that speech where i talked about a bunch of good people, she's mean and bad". it hits on two points. pelosi bad, those people good. it's a good political ad, tactically speaking, the kind of shit people fall for. though, the people that fall for political ads are probably already voting republican anyway.

this is the same as every other political ad i've ever seen, with quick cuts to dirty looks and other shit like that.

i'm just saying that the intention seems obvious "look at her ripping up that speech where i talked about a bunch of good people, she's mean and bad". it hits on two points. pelosi bad, those people good. it's a good political ad, tactically speaking, the kind of shit people fall for. though, the people that fall for political ads are probably already voting republican anyway.
    Stop defending lies and misinformation. Honest to god people like you need perm banned from the internet. There seriously needs to be laws making this shit illegal starting with the bullshit shill websites all the way down to all their lemmings who spread this shit elsewhere.

I really never thought what happened in the book 1984 would come to pass and I have spent the entire past year watching it happen. It needs to fucking stop.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Stop defending lies and misinformation. Honest to god people like you need perm banned from the internet. There seriously needs to be laws making this shit illegal starting with the bullshit shill websites all the way down to all their lemmings who spread this shit elsewhere.

I really never thought what happened in the book 1984 would come to pass and I have spent the entire past year watching it happen. It needs to fucking stop.
    go to youtube right now and search up political ads from like the 70's to now.

i'm not defending anything, i'm just saying it's not exceptional in any way. there's no reason to act like it is, it's psychotic to do so.

5+ Year Old Account

i'm not defending anything, i'm just saying it's not exceptional in any way. there's no reason to act like it is, it's psychotic to do so.
    Agreed. Lies and misinformation have been a part of US politics since the assassination of JFK and likely well before that. Trump is just fighting fire with fire and the only reason people notice it now is because the deep state told them to.

That's like saying a paper cut is the same as stabbing someone man you people aren't even trying anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You basically just said "please don't ever take me seriously!"

Politics around the globe has been about lies and misinformation for a long time. The actual reason people are noticing the utter bullshit with people like Trump is because it is the blatantly obvious garbage ever that can be checked in seconds with a Google search. Nothing to do with your dreaded "deep state."
    It has everything to do with the deep state because Trump’s corruption is posted all over the news. Meanwhile the Bush and Obama administrations have been covered for. Why wasn’t Bush impeached for going to war based on a lie? Why wasn’t Obama impeached for drone striking innocents? But Trump gets impeached for trying to expose corruption in our country? The answer to all 3 questions is: because the first two worked for the deep state while trump works against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    It has everything to do with the deep state because Trump’s corruption is posted all over the news. Meanwhile the Bush and Obama administrations have been covered for. Why wasn’t Bush impeached for going to war based on a lie? Why wasn’t Obama impeached for drone striking innocents?[B] But Trump gets impeached for trying to expose corruption in our counry? The answer to all 3 questions is: because the first two worked for the deep state while trump works against it.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're funny
    If he wanted to expose corruption why did he wait so long to try to get an investigation announced into someone who just so happen to be a political rival?

Keep in mind, for the millionth time, he didn't want an investigation he wanted one announced by a foreign nation. Mostly so he could go "Look guys they started an investigation totes by themselves clearly somethings there!"

But Trump gets impeached for trying to expose corruption in our country?
    If that was his intention he would've done it through official channels, instead of doing it in secrect and trying to get a foreign country into the scheme. Keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Trump gets impeached for trying to expose corruption in our country?
    The only thing he's exposing is himself.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/l...dal-of-freedom

During his radio program, Limbaugh referred to the former South Bend mayor as “Booty-judge” and described him as “a gay guy” who “loves kissing his husband on debate stages.”

“Can you see Trump have fun with that?” Limbaugh said.

The radio host went on to call Buttigieg “a gay guy kissing his husband on the debate stage” another three times and compared him to Trump, whom Limbaugh called “Mr. Man.”

“You ram it down Trump’s throat and beat him in the general election. Really?” he said with a snicker. “Having fun envisioning that.”
    I'm so glad that the highest civilian award in the land was given to a rank homophobe and bigot.

Is there nothing Trump won't try to sully?

Though bonus points for "ram it down Trump's throat" being ripe for endless mockery and jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://apnews.com/2722fe07cc220914f6772272e15b0c6d

Tony Rankins, a formerly homeless, drug-addicted Army veteran, got a standing ovation at the State of the Union after President Donald Trump described how he turned his life around thanks to a construction job at a company using the administration’s “Opportunity Zone” tax breaks targeting poor neighborhoods.

But that’s not completely true.

Rankins, who indeed moved out of his car and into an apartment since landing a job refurbishing a Nashville hotel two years ago, doesn’t work at a site taking advantage of the breaks and never has done so. In fact, he started that job four months before the Treasury Department published its final list of neighborhoods eligible for the breaks. And the hotel where he worked couldn’t benefit even now because it’s an area that didn’t make the cut.
    Spoilers: Another one of the Trump's political tools at the SOTU wasn't quite what it seems.

In that the guy got a job before "Opportunity Zones" even existed, and the Trump administration can make no claim that any of their policies helped him.

Why is Rankins playing along with this farce? Who knows. But reality doesn't back up yet another lie from team Trump.

It has everything to do with the deep state because Trump’s corruption is posted all over the news. Meanwhile the Bush and Obama administrations have been covered for. Why wasn’t Bush impeached for going to war based on a lie? Why wasn’t Obama impeached for drone striking innocents? But Trump gets impeached for trying to expose corruption in our country? The answer to all 3 questions is: because the first two worked for the deep state while trump works against it.
    Nothing you said is accurate, reasonable, or in the realm of reality

If Trump wanted to deal with corruption he'd have to start with his own family and administration. This is the first clue for knowing that he does not care about corruption.

If Biden had never been in the picture for someone that could run in 2020 this Ukraine thing never would have existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If Trump wanted to deal with corruption he'd have to start with his own family and administration. This is the first clue for knowing that he does not care about corruption.

If Biden had never been in the picture for someone that could run in 2020 this Ukraine thing never would have existed.
    As soon as it becomes clear Biden will not be THE democratic nominee, they will forget Biden instantly. Remember how they "locked her up"?

So, Trump lied about the vet.

Was there anything at all factual in his entire speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If he brags about committing crimes and getting away with it...well...
    He's already going on a tour actively bragging exactly that, if recent US headlines are any indication. Actively declaring that he is innocent of absolutely any wrongdoing ever and that everyone who criticized him are the real enemies, here. Not even exaggerating a jot or tiddle.

So if that self-masturbatory round trip isn't enough for him, expect more of the same at the SOTU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I think they want to gut the education system in general since the source of most of their support is stupidity and ignorance.
    He seems to be cutting in general, but shifting some of that into private schools. Which I know some of them are good, but I've seen too many examples that seem to indicate they can just teach whatever the hell they want and call it an "education", like Jesus founded the USA in the year 0 AD, or entire fields of science like evolution and climate science being hoaxes.
    (edit: yeah actually they just come out and say it right at the bottom of the article. "(Conservatives often prefer vouchers because, unlike public charters, they support religious schools that operate totally outside public control.)")

edit: On another note, what's this about Nancy Pelosi tearing up a speech? I'd be curious as to an actual source since it sounds like many sources are deliberately misrepresenting it to make what she did sound worse than it was.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-14 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.