Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There are no tangible victims and no race war as far as I’m aware.
    So it's fine to attempt it so long as it doesn't happen? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    And since trump is a celebrity he should be treated equally then right?
    Because trump is “president” is why I’d want him removed from office... you know he’s president right???

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    So it's fine to attempt it so long as it doesn't happen? Got it.
    Let’s pretend he was trying to start a race war, I’d say it’s a pretty shitty thing to do but I wouldn’t say it’s any more worth wasting money on pressing it then say a homeless man yelling on the street corner how the darkies are coming to kill every one and steal there land.

If they had just given him a fine when they found out he was lying then sure but going to this extent is just a waste of resources.

Let’s pretend he was trying to start a race war, I’d say it’s a pretty shitty thing to do but I wouldn’t say it’s any more worth wasting money on pressing it then say a homeless man yelling on the street corner how the darkies are coming to kill every one and steal there land.

If they had just given him a fine when they found out he was lying then sure but going to this extent is just a waste of resources.
    Apples and oranges. A homeless man yelling obscenities is not the same as planning and executing a fake hate crime. Your mentality is exactly why Trump gets away with what he does. You seem to think people with privilege should be allowed a pass. Not me. Doesn't matter if you're homeless or the president, charges should be the same. If this were you or I, we'd be in prison right now, guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Don’t make fucking guesses you wouldn’t have to if you just read and understood words you see

False report crimes are often dropped because pursuing them generally isn’t worth it. Period. This isn’t magically a partisan thing.
    Yet you dismiss what a shit show this was. This wasn't someone saying the neighbor stole their bike, this was something on a much bigger scale that wasted police resource. You would have to be obtuse to deny it didn't have a financial and social impact to the city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apples and oranges. A homeless man yelling obscenities is not the same as planning and executing a fake hate crime. Your mentality is exactly why Trump gets away with what he does. You seem to think people with privilege should be allowed a pass. Not me. Doesn't matter if you're homeless or the president, charges should be the same. If this were you or I, we'd be in prison right now, guaranteed!
    I mean as far as “trying to start a race war” goes, shitty thing to do but though I highly doubt that was the motive and as far as I know there are no criminal charges for some one guessing that’s your motive.

As far as falsely reporting a crime it seems unlikely Celeb or not that that there would be jail time unless you took a plea deal and even less likely that it would still be pressed after charges were dropped.

Im all for treating him like any one else And I’d think any one else would have had the matter dropped by now as it’s not worth the money for no gain.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-02-12 at 08:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    That sounds a lot like sovereign citizen logic. Did road pirates take your vessel?
    Dropping charges when cases aren’t worth pursuing is some type of far out concept to you?

7+ Year Old Account
    CPD lost hundreds of hours and tons of tax money going after these maga guys. As you said there other crimes to go after. If he was a private citizen and didn't make it a hate crime I'd agreed with you. Make him do community service and fine him. But him being a public figure and getting away with it. sets a bad example.
    I don’t think that some one being a celeb should make any difference when it comes to the law which is probably why we disagree.

I mean as far as “trying to start a race war” goes, shitty thing to do but though I highly doubt that was the motive and as far as I know there are no criminal charges for some one guessing that’s your motive.

As far as falsely reporting a crime it seems unlikely Celeb or not that that there would be jail time unless you took a plea deal and even less likely that it would still be pressed after charges were dropped.

Im all for treating him like any one else And I’d think any one else would have had the matter dropped by now as it’s not worth the money for no gain.
    If someone is planning a hate crime, it's probably safe to assume they are trying to start a race war. Why else would you do it?

I'd be curious to make a bet with you and do what Jussie did, but putting my life at risk doesn't really seem worth it.

This is really still ongoing? What’s even the point any more are they just wasting time/money because they are upset he wasted time/money? I mean what’s to be gained this far in?
    It's the gift that keeps on giving. As you think it's gone away, suddenly more stuff!!!!

Honestly, if he'd just kept his mouth shut, maybe it would have gone away, but he has come out saying he never lied and the cops made stuff up and his accomplices did it on their own (possibly wearing white face according to one of his lawyers).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yet you dismiss what a shit show this was. This wasn't someone saying the neighbor stole their bike, this was something on a much bigger scale that wasted police resource. You would have to be obtuse to deny it didn't have a financial and social impact to the city.
    Where did I dismiss it was a shit show? Please point out specifically where I'm dismissing that. There really aren't different degrees of false reports until we get to terroristic threats, which this wasn't.

No Adam called me a trump supporter when I said a prolific anti-trump tweeter gets attacked in the middle of Chicago by red hat wearing trumpers saying this is maga country? I said the fact he's an anti-trump tweeter that got attacked by the only 2 trump supporters in Chicago was too far fetched. Funny enough if he left out the maga part that's enough doubt.
    Right - what got Smoolieyay noticed wasn't that he made up a story about a hate crime, it's that he made up an incredibly stupid story that would only be believed by people that have a ridiculous caricature of Trump supporters in their heads. Pretty much no one that didn't want to believe thought the story of people yelling about MAGA Country while carrying nooses and bleach around Chicago made the slightest bit of sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    If someone is planning a hate crime, it's probably safe to assume they are trying to start a race war. Why else would you do it?

I'd be curious to make a bet with you and do what Jussie did, but putting my life at risk doesn't really seem worth it.
    Id say wanting a race war is far less likely then say trying to get more money from his show trying to promote the anti lynching bill or any thing else really.

Well when you call everyone racist for not believing your lies... they kinda remember it.

The issue is this is being treated as the crime of the century by some of you people when routinely false reports are dropped

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Well when you call everyone racist for not believing your lies... they kinda remember it.
    Okay, but that really doesn’t change the fact it isn’t the crime of the century. What should happen as is often in most cases. Is a fine and community service.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are no tangible victims and no race war as far as I’m aware.
    The victims are taxpayers, he wasted taxmoney and the justice systems time.

Put the fucker in jail.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Right - what got Smoolieyay noticed wasn't that he made up a story about a hate crime, it's that he made up an incredibly stupid story that would only be believed by people that have a ridiculous caricature of Trump supporters in their heads. Pretty much no one that didn't want to believe thought the story of people yelling about MAGA Country while carrying nooses and bleach around Chicago made the slightest bit of sense.
    It isn’t an unbelievable story when we have had trump supporters do much worse What wasn’tBelievable were his actions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    The victims are taxpayers, he wasted taxmoney and the justice systems time.

Put the fucker in jail.
    That’s an even larger waste of money. Fines and community service is the usual punishment.

Sucks for him. Hopefully this time they actually do their jobs and prosecute him.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Sucks for him. Hopefully this time they actually do their jobs and prosecute him.
    And what is a proper punishment you think?

And what is a proper punishment you think?
    I'd say whatever the typical sentencing is, including paying back whatever was spent on the investigations, hearings, etc. As he has the means and isn't your ordinary citizen, and especially due to the intent behind it, the maximums allowed of any jail time and fines.