Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Paladin, I can't farm or solo anything with my squishy ass mage. Locks are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Normally I would choose pala because he is a tank and farming gold as a tank is very straightforward, you res some orbs/ greens and there you go. On the other hand, a mage can farm lower level dungeons and make some monumental pulls. I prefer the pala because I don't have to loot much but what I hate about him is that he lacks the ability to pull from a decent range, I can't describe how much I hate that part about him.

Anyway, what do you think?
    Frost mage is way better than pally for gold farming. With a frost mage, you can just sweep mobs with good set of crowd control abilities while pelting them to death with frost bolts. You get the best experience and gold per hour as a frost mage compared to pally tank.

But if you are concerned about being able to clear dungeons, mainly soloing bosses. Pally is pretty good since they are one of the fewest class with good healing abilities, decent armor and can tank bosses without any issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    But if you are concerned about being able to clear dungeons, mainly soloing bosses. Pally is pretty good since they are one of the fewest class with good healing abilities, decent armor and can tank bosses without any issues.
    If you really care about soloing bosses you should be playing a Hunter or Warlock.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Mage is vastly better

Paladins are only known as teh lowbie dungeon farmers because it's not profitable for a mage to do it relative to other higher gold per hour options.

A mage doing ZF GY runs by himself will make as much or more gold than anything a paladin could do. Add on XP carries and you're getting the best gold in the game.

I do stocks runs as a paladin. Make good gold, but not as gud as mages in ZF or hunters solo farming diremaul trib

Can also solo DME runs as a holy paladin...But not as well as a mage
    I honestly can't believe anyone pays for ZF GY runs. On my server they're about 5g a run for the mage to take 10 mins to kill 7k xp worth of mobs. Such a huge ripoff.

Had another mage who would pull the entire purple side of Maradon for 5g per run, and it was 25k xp. ZF GY mages are total scam artists, avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If you really care about soloing bosses you should be playing a Hunter or Warlock.
    It is just a matter of preference. A tank that can self-heal, or a hunter / warlock that uses his pet as a meat shield. But for optimal experience, pally is the best for soloing bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I honestly can't believe anyone pays for ZF GY runs. On my server they're about 5g a run for the mage to take 10 mins to kill 7k xp worth of mobs. Such a huge ripoff.

Had another mage who would pull the entire purple side of Maradon for 5g per run, and it was 25k xp. ZF GY mages are total scam artists, avoid them.
    Yea mara carries seem to make more sense

But the gold is HUGE relative to what paladin can bring is. Reality is we just don't have the dmg to bring home the good gold as a solo 60 carry