Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    People said the exact same about WoD lol

- - - Updated - - -

While I loathe WoD, what little content it had was at least doable. BFA's content is just an atrocity. I just could not suffer through any of it. Not to mention the "progression".

I booted up 8.3, collected all the new quests, and completed two of them before abandoning because they were very clearly time wasters with absolutely zero substance and story. I did one whole run through rehashed Uldum before closing the game and submitting my request to get my Blizzard account deleted.
    Compared to previous expansions people were right that WoD was more RNG(random sockets and tertiaries got added) and garrisons were basically a mobile game. It's all obviously relative to the expansions that came before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    False, not only you don't have to farm AP PER SPECIALIZATION but also it has basically a hardcap + softcap. Artifact did not have any hardcap.
    And because it's not that powerful like legion artifact, you don't need to farm it for so long. You will be fine with 3xM islands a week.

False, you can reforge traits or acquire duplicates. Tier sets did not have any vendor at all and were unavailable for mythic+ players unless they also did raid.

False. Tier sets were worse in every aspect except for visuals. Tho this can be fixed by having ensembles like in trial of valor.

Nope, you get specific ones from a raid and on top of that you can buy them from vendor.
    Azerite traits are not your missing talents, they are a bonus on top of what you class gives.
    Both neck and artifacts had/have both soft and hard caps, not sure what makes you think there's a difference.
    The solution to M+ players not having tier sets would've been to add a M+ set each season too, not deleting tier. The big advantage tier had was that it actually changed each tier. Azerite doesn't, we're running basically the same setups as in BoD(and would've used basically the same in Uldir if we had the extra ring if traits back then)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Of course it'll be super alt friendly when there's no content in the first place.
    Yeah, 6.0-6.1 were just terrible. But 6.2 had exactly enough content for casual player. It was leveling 90-100, garrison leveling, shipyard leveling, then Tanaan Baleful gear farming, RNG tokens + guaranteed item once in 2 days = around 25 days of farming, then going maintainance mode on that character, i.e. logging in just to do garrison/shipyard leveling for about 2 more months, leaving all other free time to do the same thing on a next alt. Perfect casual/alt-friendly content. That's it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I do miss picking herbs from the garden in WoD.

It was just about enough to survive on, and I could log in once a day, spend two minutes dicking about with that and the followers, and have enough herbs and gold to let me raid.

I just want to raid. I honestly do not give a fuck about anything else in WoW. It's a timesink that sits between me and what I want to do.

For high end raiders I think that WoD was much better. For everyone else BfA is probably better since there's actually stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I also think WoD was better than BfA has ultimately proven to be - but that doesn't make WoD a good expansion on its own, either. BfA dethroned WoD as my previous low bar for expansions, but both expansions are ultimately lackluster and flawed for different reasons.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The problem with WoD is that it had little content. But the content it did have was miles better than the anti-fun shit in BfA that feels soulless and with the sole purpose of increasing /played time metrics.

Off the top of my head, WoD was better because:

The classes were better in WoD. Both how they felt to play and how deep they were, and how different they were from one another. Now we have standardized trash that feels the same. With the GCD change it's even more annoying and tedious.

WoW was always grindy, but even in WoD somehow the grinds felt much less tedious and they were more rewarding. In BfA they feel pointless, unrewarding and plain awful.

Timegating was already present but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, with timegates within timegates on top of timegates.

RNG wasn't as bad as it is now. RNG is straight up worse than in mobile games now. Hell, with the cancer of 8.3 and the way corrupted gear is wrapped within many layers of RNG (right tier, right effect, right slot etc...), we could say the RNG now is worse than ever.

Even the zones and exploration had more to it. They were already pretty much soulless quest hubs back then, but now they're literally just empty worlds with good art (yeah yeah good job art team).

The story was already a clusterfuck so I guess they're equally shitty in this department. But I do remember enjoying it more back then, but that's probably just me being jaded by now.

And the so-called "content" that BfA has is shit. Island expeditions, warfronts etc... are just shit, pure shit, it's not even subjective, they're not fun or worth doing. It feels like they learned from WoD that they need to add content, but this company is so incompetent it doesn't actually know what good content is.

Hell no. WoD sucked lol all you had was raids because there was no mythic+ system and a shit daily system and garisson.

BFA has a ton of shit to do but people like to think of them as chores. i for one dont and have a good time with them

Wow turned to shite since Ion got involved in core designing

15+ Year Old Account
    They even smeared LFR out over an 8 week period just to get the LFR crowd to sub for 3 months instead of 1, desperate stuff like this wasn't in WoD.

Starting with M+ (Or as someone arguably said, since MoP challenge modes) the game turned into shit, as Ion loves his timed content and the only players that remain make a community of rush-asap players who cannot play chill but treat everything as a timed challenge. Classic has laid back 5mans to gear, with some drunk friends running through scholo, getting ready for raiding. Retail has some performance based timed-heavy stuff to even gear up on offdays; the difference is night and day. It's either mindnumbingly dumb and easy like LFR, but that offers ZERO rewards, or raid-level performance needed, which is needed to gear up, nothing inbetween those two.

Pandaria while it was released made me kinda sad, but looking back it was the final expansion I truly enjoyed and it was at that moment WoW changed into making everything timed or challenging, removing the chill gaming aspect. Terrible design choice.

Hell no. WoD is worst thing ever happened to this game.

I mean, at least the Archimonde fight was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    His point was that MoP had a far better aesthetic than WoD. He then said the one stand-out bit of WoD in terms of visual design was BRF (which I agree with), you pointed out that BRF used a lot of assets from MoP. That definitely supports the idea that MoP had better art and design than WoD.

Personally I think WoD had quite a lot of nice art and design but it somehow fell short in the "making Draenor amazing" department.
    And I'd be posed to disagree. Coming out of 14 months in Siege of Orgrimmar, moving into the exact same aesthetic again for several months more is not visually appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Had alot more playtime in wod and enjoyed the classes and pvp tons more there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no, if you do you're hopelessly delusional.

WoD just had a better questing/leveling experience because it was linear story that flowed through to end game level, BFA leveling/quest experience felt completely detached from the end game story and the pre-patch story.

Other then that if you're saying WoD with 6.1 being blood elf models that should've been done at launch and selfie camera is some how better, I gotta say bitterness and uncontentment has completely taken you over and you're not seeing or thinking clearly. Sure it had some good class design but that was because we just came off the back of MoP which had the best class design we've seen in years with the new talent layout and towards the end was probably the most balanced ever...and they hardly changed things for WoD. So you can't attribute class design to WoD at all, but a lack there of further progression with said classes and specs
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-02-12 at 10:39 PM.

From mythic raider view WoD was awesome. I could just raid log and be done. Now I can't. Fuck this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lying? Well thats true for me and a few guildies. One who had 12 alts in Legio got zero now because he needs to the the essence stuff and all that. Not that I agree with him or some of the others on that particularly, casuals..
    Oh please, getting essences is easy and deterministic compared to getting leggos. People don't level alts now cause it doesn't give them free millions of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Both neck and artifacts had/have both soft and hard caps, not sure what makes you think there's a difference.
    The solution to M+ players not having tier sets would've been to add a M+ set each season too, not deleting tier. The big advantage tier had was that it actually changed each tier. Azerite doesn't, we're running basically the same setups as in BoD(and would've used basically the same in Uldir if we had the extra ring if traits back then)
    This is a plus for me cause I am sure we won't get another retarded tier sets that made you a turret for 6 seconds or changed gameplay in some retarded way.
    And it's not a solution if you have separate tier sets, yet another shit in bags.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    From mythic raider view WoD was awesome. I could just raid log and be done. Now I can't. Fuck this crap.
    Still possible if you don't mind hanging out in the bleachers of Mythic raiding.

Oh please, getting essences is easy and deterministic compared to getting leggos. People don't level alts now cause it doesn't give them free millions of gold.
    Getting essences is easy but that's not the problem here. The grind is time gated, easy and boring. Farming rep and AP is garbage, I am part of the players that hate doing it on their main so doing the chores on alt, no thanks. The time wasted doing the horrible chores could be spent elsewhere having fun like M+, Mythic raid and PvP.

At the end of the day, players play for fun. When the fun stops on the main, the WoW sub is stopped as well.

Oh please, I actually agree with you here. Except the gold part. People don't level alts now because the content is bad compared to Legion. Why play alts if the content sucks.

People remembers 7.3.5. But I am old school myself, first 6 months/year of Legion was the best part. Finally something to play for outside raids and dungeons.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-02-13 at 09:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was the expansion that made me "quit" the game and I had no intention of coming back (until 7.1.5, that is). BfA is garbage but at least I still care enough about the game to mindlessly level alts if nothing else. And I'm at least somewhat optimistic for Shadowlands.

Purely because of gameplay and overall systems, I thought WoD was better than legion too. Legion's content was better and more plentiful (suramar, mage tower and legion's mythic+ was fantastically designed), but didn't matter with horrible class design, gutting of PvP, titanforging etc. I have zero hopes for current wow, but I hope they'll someday release tbc/wotlk and maybe mop. I'd like to point out that I didn't think it could get worse than WoD at the time the expansion was out.