Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this doesn't surprise me one bit, even though GeForce NOW is quite a bit different from let's say Stadia. nVidia basically rents you a PC to play the games you own while Stadia actually sells them to you and also offering a pc. GFN doesn't actually get a slice of the profit of in game purchases or purchases as a whole (where stadia does) so it doesn't make any sense to prohibit GFN users from playing their games.

But do we remember the Twitch debacle? Activision wanted massive amounts of cash from twitch for the rights to their e-sports leagues. Of course Twitch declined. And now you can watch OWL and MDI on youtube lol. My point is, probably Activision wanted money from nVidia so they could provide AB games, and nVidia of course declined.

Activision Blizzard isn't doing anyone or themselves a favor with this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No you don't. AB is a publicly traded company, if they came to an agreement with Nvidia for this it's on the books. Feel free to link to it, instead of trying to play semantics over some shitty writing on the part of the journalist.

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't, they are making money off standard game sales. Nvidia is making profit by letting you play them, and advertising those games without giving them any cut. You think just because you have to buy the games on Stadia google could just put them up without publisher permission? Hell no they can't, and I'm not sure how nvidia's legal team let this project happen in the first place. If you think it has a future you are wrong.
    "As we take GeForce NOW to the next step in its evolution, we’ve worked with publishers to onboard a robust catalog of your PC games," the spokesperson said. "This means continually adding new games, and on occasion, having to remove games – similar to other digital service providers."

Helps if you read the article before you spout off at people. Nvidia isn't my favorite company but they are anything but stupid. If what you say was true they would have never gone ahead with it. The clear answer is that ActiBlizzard changed their mind or had a deal recently made, like a certain one with Google, that forced them to pull their support for essentially a competitor (of Google) .

It's a shame, gfnow looks like a very consumer friendly service and being forced to use stadia is almost certainly a downgrade for anyone wanting to play ActiBlizzard games on older hardware, a Mac, or remotely.

More proof that ActiBlizzard has a really hard time reading the room these days.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

No you don't. AB is a publicly traded company, if they came to an agreement with Nvidia for this it's on the books. Feel free to link to it, instead of trying to play semantics over some shitty writing on the part of the journalist.

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't, they are making money off standard game sales. Nvidia is making profit by letting you play them, and advertising those games without giving them any cut. You think just because you have to buy the games on Stadia google could just put them up without publisher permission? Hell no they can't, and I'm not sure how nvidia's legal team let this project happen in the first place. If you think it has a future you are wrong.
    You talk big like your the voice of the of the hard reality of the world, yet you actually are trying to sell that NVIDIA is going to spend millions building and developing a service for YEARS without having a team of lawyers vet the laws and determine if what they are doing is legal? You actually think these companies on the platform had no idea about the service for the YEARS it was being developed? It’s more likely than not they were working WITH Nvidia to make sure their games worked on the service because they want access to more customers, which it provides. Feel free to prove they didn’t have permission.

Furthermore I find it hard to believe they are going to stick to an outdated line in their TOS over the prospect of getting access to a whole new demographic of consumers. Money almost always wins. Especially with this company.

This whole thing reeks like Google is the cause of it. Look at the archive of YouTube videos calling GeForce the Stadia killer. Getting Activision pulled hurts GeForce Now and helps Stadia, especially if they get them to go exclusive to Stadia.

Oh and look they partnered with Google on cloud backup and exclusive streaming rights last week. Their on the same team now.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-12 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    More proof
    You have a funny definition of the word proof when you have yet to link to any agreement being reached between Nvidia and Activision Blizzard in the first place. Again, publicly traded company if it happened it is reported.

Oh wait, that's right it never happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    This whole thing reeks like Google is the cause of it.
    You have yet to provide any evidence outside of your weak ass conspiracy theory linking the youtube esports streaming deal to it when that is completely separate parts of both companies coming to a completely different agreement. The youtube division of google has jack shit to do with Stadia and the esports division of Activision Blizzard has jack shit to do with where the company allows their games to be played. I don't think you understand how the real world works, chalk this one up to paying more attention to clickbait youtubers then seeking real information I guess.

You have a funny definition of the word proof when you have yet to link to any agreement being reached between Nvidia and Activision Blizzard in the first place. Again, publicly traded company if it happened it is reported.

- - - Updated - - -

You have yet to provide any evidence outside of your weak ass conspiracy theory linking the youtube esports streaming deal to it when that is completely separate parts of both companies coming to a completely different agreement. The youtube division of google has jack shit to do with Stadia and the esports division of Activision Blizzard has jack shit to do with where the company allows their games to be played. I don't think you understand how the real world works, chalk this one up to paying more attention to clickbait youtubers then seeking real information I guess.
    Who the hell said there was any kind of official agreement?

All gfnow is remote pc power, they don't provide a storefront that I'm aware of.

It could been as simple as an email from Nvidia to blizzard "hey were gonna allow people to remotely play your games through our service, they still have to own it though and all that" and blizzard responds with "yeah sure, as long as no infringement is going on we will allow it".

Read between the lines man. Or just read the lines, they specifically said they have been working with publishers.

Who the hell said there was any kind of official agreement?
    If there wasn't an official agreement, blizzard never authorized it. That's kind of how these things work and the fact you're using a PR statement from an intern that answered the phone at nvidia as "proof" Blizzard authorized it is the most laughable shit I have seen in this thread. Where is blizzard's statement saying they ever authorized it? I'm waiting... All this "proof" you keep listing is literally just garbage canned quotes from nvidia. That's not proof my dude.

Cloud computing is against TOS, person already post the exact language. If your TOS says no to cloud gaming, yet another company is allowing people to sign in using Blizzard launcher. Its a legal mess not to mention bots and etc. We had a banwave a few months ago because people violating cloud gaming clause.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Cloud computing is against TOS, person already post the exact language. If your TOS says no to cloud gaming, yet another company is allowing people to sign in using Blizzard launcher. Its a legal mess not to mention bots and etc. We had a banwave a few months ago because people violating cloud gaming clause.
    And yet there is still some people like above trying to act like Blizzard ever authorized it when they literally banned some people that where using it. It's so comical.

If there wasn't an official agreement, blizzard never authorized it.
    Oh shit, I thought they had and just pulled out. Haven't been following this too closely...how on earth did they think this would play out when the big publishers start noticing that folks are playing their games on the cloud without their knowledge? Good lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    You can afford an overpriced Mac Pro but whine about not being able to play games on a cheap service. Anyone else find this irony delicious?

If there wasn't an official agreement, blizzard never authorized it. That's kind of how these things work and the fact you're using a PR statement from an intern that answered the phone at nvidia as "proof" Blizzard authorized it is the most laughable shit I have seen in this thread. Where is blizzard's statement saying they ever authorized it? I'm waiting... All this "proof" you keep listing is literally just garbage canned quotes from nvidia. That's not proof my dude.
    I'm going to believe the official statement by the company over some know it all on it the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yeah, but you still have to buy the games.
    This is probably good for those who don't want to upgrade their PC every few years.
    But what if you want to pirate games, hmmm?
    I saw a wild necro of a thread on geforce now forums recently with the exact same issue. Why do I have to own any games to run on Geforce Now ( most likely on free only version since it was 2 years ago).

What kind of entitled cheap dirt bag do you have to be to even consider bringing an idea like this in public?
    You want to pirate? Throw 2-3k on a decent pc and knock yourself out.
    This service lets you run your steam games on 1080 60fps on a potato laptop for free or 5$ a month after 3 months and these dirtbags didn't think of providing free top tier games for also free quality game streaming service. If they added free blowjobs it still wouldn't have been enough.

Edit: Theres a better alternative out there called Stadia that actually forces you to buy the games AGAIN, forces you to buy a 120$ controller and has way questionable quality than GFN.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2020-02-12 at 11:15 PM.

I'm going to believe the official statement by the company
    Where is that official statement from blizzard? I'm still waiting for it. It's their games you're claiming they supposedly authorized use of and yet have no receipts to backup your claims. At this point we're just going in circles because you can't backup your claims and are just grasping and straws in an attempt to keep the debate going.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-12 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet there is still some people like above trying to act like Blizzard ever authorized it when they literally banned some people that where using it. It's so comical.
    Why are part time lawyer fanboys keep trying to paint a picture of glorious Blizzard getting abused through evil cloud gaming?
    There's a ton of other areas to pretend you care and defend the degenerate practices of ActiLizzard.
    You remind me of the derpheads that cried hard about private servers as if it was a death row felony to play on when Blizzard didn't gave its turd seal of approval.

Where is that official statement from blizzard? I'm still waiting for it. It's their games you're claiming they supposedly authorized use of and yet have no receipts to backup your claims. At this point we're just going in circles because you can't backup your claims and are just grasping and straws in an attempt to keep the debate going.
    I was speaking of the statement made by Nvidia. Any other dumb questions?

Also prove that it was made by "an intern that picked up the phone". Oh right, you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Activision is using GOOGLE CLOUD for multiplayer games going forward. CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU NOW.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...loud-deal.aspx

https://cloud.google.com/press-relea...r-relationship

https://www.investors.com/news/techn...mobile-gaming/

Want more links? Cause I can give em.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-12 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Blizzard getting abused
    Quote me ever saying this because it didn't happen. All I have ever said is blizzard never authorized this and where within their full rights to shut it down. Complaining about it isn't going to change the legal red tape around it, and truthfully nvidia is more at fault here for selling customers a snake oil they can't ever guarantee will be able to play such games.

- - - Updated - - -

Activision is using GOOGLE CLOUD for multiplayer games going forward. CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU NOW.
    You mean they're using one of only 3 possible providers for it? So you're mad they didn't choose Azure or AWS because those where the only other options for something on their scale...

Quote me ever saying this because it didn't happen. All I have ever said is blizzard never authorized this and where within their full rights to shut it down. Complaining about it isn't going to change the legal red tape around it, and truthfully nvidia is more at fault here for selling customers a snake oil they can't ever guarantee will be able to play such games.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean they're using one of only 3 possible providers for it? So you're mad they didn't choose Azure or AWS because those where the only other options for something on their scale...
    HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY AUTHORIZED?

You don’t. Just stop talking.

I was speaking of the statement made by Nvidia.
    So then you have no statement from blizzard ever saying they authorized it. Like I was saying.

- - - Updated - - -

HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY AUTHORIZED?
    Pretty sure I do when cloud gaming is against their ToS, they banned some people for using it, and now when the program was out of beta told nvidia to get that shit off there likely by threatening legal action.

The evidence only points to one thing my dude.

So then you have no statement from blizzard ever saying they authorized it. Like I was saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I do when cloud gaming is against their ToS, they banned some people for using it, and now when the program was out of beta told nvidia to get that shit off there likely by threatening legal action.

The evidence only points to one thing my dude.
    You don’t know the details of the bans and furthermore everything I’ve seen is hearsay. Maybe they were botting or something using GeForce and got banned for that, but the idiots blame GeForce. Who knows. Nothing was officially released about it from what I’ve seen. So using bans as an argument doesn’t actually have real validity. It’s very possible just a bunch of idiots on reddit.

I’m going to start wanting money soon for all this teaching I’m giving you for free.