Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want something to be rebooted? I want them to make something actually new, not a forgotten old

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    wow crazy! good news for me love it that they hold onto the orginial plot.
    Hold on to that optimism.
    While Whedon approved of the reboot, he won't be involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hold on to that optimism.
    While Whedon approved of the reboot, he won't be involved.
    Hmm, the new one needs to step into big footprints.

Claymore. While the anime ended well enough (granted, I still think the ending itself was trash), the manga unceremoniously disregarded a massive wad of information that completely blew the story open at the mid-point... and promptly ended the story on a mediocre cliff hanger. I'm pretty sure the author got tired of it or ran out of ideas.

Vampire Hunter D. The Bloodlust movie was GORGEOUS, and I love it to this day. I've heard a pilot was developed back in 2018, and a studio has been shopping around to produce up to 7 seasons of an anime for it. I pray for that.

The Fantastic Four, but only because I want to see a movie around The Marquise of Death. Given the track record of Fantastic Four, it'll never happen.

Terriers - Singlehandedly got me into Donal Logue as an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    This. This here. This every day, this forever.

Show got screwwwwwed.
    I have to say I loved this show as a kid. One of the more original ideas of the 80s, definitely wish it had gone on or they'd start it back up.

Sliders.

I'm sure Jerry O'Connel is bored.

I was thinking about this the other day, not sure why it didn't occur to me earlier.

I love the Neverending Story movie, but it's its own adaptation of the books.

I'd like a full on adaptation from the book. Peter Jackson style (LotR, not the Hobbit).

reboots are usually lazy money grabbing bad movies, and a disgrace to the originals. atempts to milk a quick buck, because they cant come up with something good themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow crazy! good news for me love it that they hold onto the orginial plot.
    Then you may not like this one . They've already said it will be more like a reboot, than a remake. Expect a WILDLY different plot, more diverse cast (not that that would exactly be difficult XD), etc etc. I mean, Joss has signed off on it, but he's not part of it, beyond that.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

There was a show called Profit in the late 90s that was before its time, it only ran one season before public outcry of it being too dark or some shit ended it before it started. Would love to see it rebooted if it was faithful to the original idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    reboots are usually lazy money grabbing bad movies, and a disgrace to the originals. atempts to milk a quick buck, because they cant come up with something good themselves.
    i would not conclude every reboot garbage. It is the act of balancing that tell the success.

That is why i like the chilling adv. of sabrina even if its really far from the originial thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Then you may not like this one . They've already said it will be more like a reboot, than a remake. Expect a WILDLY different plot, more diverse cast (not that that would exactly be difficult XD), etc etc. I mean, Joss has signed off on it, but he's not part of it, beyond that.
    Anyone remembers when Dawn suddenly hit in the show, i was so confused. Everyone acted as she would have existed the whole time. Made me twist my mind If their "wildly different plot" is on this level. Be my guest, i take that

- - - Updated - - -

And not sure if it is doable because this show is genius and whoever recreates it with an honorable approach deserves an oscar: Scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I have to say I loved this show as a kid. One of the more original ideas of the 80s, definitely wish it had gone on or they'd start it back up.
    They did a short Transformers / Visionaries crossover comic a few years ago that had some neat ideas, and an interesting reinterpretation of the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remembers when Dawn suddenly hit in the show, i was so confused. Everyone acted as she would have existed the whole time. Made me twist my mind If their "wildly different plot" is on this level. Be my guest, i take that
    You mean, does anyone remember the entire plot of season 5, which was based around Dawn. Yes, I remember.

Fun fact. They actually teased her arrival in season 4, but it was so subtle a lot of people missed it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    They did a short Transformers / Visionaries crossover comic a few years ago that had some neat ideas, and an interesting reinterpretation of the whole thing.
    I vaguely remember hearing about that. I know Hasbro has been talking about their shared universe for years, and this was one of the properties mentioned. I've used some of the names from this series my wow characters over the years as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I vaguely remember hearing about that. I know Hasbro has been talking about their shared universe for years, and this was one of the properties mentioned. I've used some of the names from this series my wow characters over the years as well..
    The Hasbro shared universe is over at this point and I don’t know if they’re gonna go back to it, but it had its moments.

Death Knight named Cravex, Warlock named Virulina, Druid named Galadria, Shaman named Ectar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The Tom Clancy-verse; The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, etc., hopefully expanding beyond Jack Ryan so we can finally get a Rainbow Six film, among others.
    I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing some splinter cell movies as well......I found out splinter cell is in a shared universe with far cry as well and there is probably a old man version of Sam running around post Far cry new dawn.

You mean, does anyone remember the entire plot of season 5, which was based around Dawn. Yes, I remember.

Fun fact. They actually teased her arrival in season 4, but it was so subtle a lot of people missed it.
    Going to rewatch season 4...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    Bleach. . . .
    I thought they were working on a possible real finish to Bleach instead of the trainwreck that was caused by the disagreement between the writer and publisher?

- - - Updated - - -

Keep your eyes peeled for March 21st. Kubo has some big announcement, there's a new Bleach iOS game coming out AND the Bleach Anime rights just got picked up by a new Network.

I'm not saying we're 100% going to get a continuation/reboot... but if we're ever going to, it's now.
    WHoops....there it is. Nevermind! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Wheel of time with a director who doesn't want to push his own politics and cares about making a faithful adaptation. Would also be fine with an animated version.

Also an Akame Ga Kill that actually follows the manga and doesn't radically depart from it.
    Wheel of Time REALLLLLLLY needs to be a full CGI or animated show. I think it would just be an outright better medium for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I thought they were working on a possible real finish to Bleach instead of the trainwreck that was caused by the disagreement between the writer and publisher?

- - - Updated - - -

WHoops....there it is. Nevermind! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Wheel of Time REALLLLLLLY needs to be a full CGI or animated show. I think it would just be an outright better medium for it.
    Yup it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    REBOOT of a REBOOT:

Also shadow raiders:
    reboot got rebooted. its fucking terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Quantum Leap.

and just for the laughs of seeing how badly a reboot would !@#$ these up...

Blazing Saddles and The Princess Bride
    No...not Quantum Leap...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Farscape!!!
    Game of Thrones redo of the last season and add more!!!
    The Shannara Chronicles

More like finish these and redo one.
    I agree with Farscape. they did aliens really well with the Jim Henson puppetry team. other shows got lazy and just did humans with forehead accessories.