10+ Year Old Account
    Phillip Rivers and the Chargers officially official parting ways. My money is on him ending up with Tampa Bay.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Phillip Rivers and the Chargers officially official parting ways. My money is on him ending up with Tampa Bay.
    TB or Indy is my bet. Chargers 100% drafting a QB now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to look up who their backup is. Tyrod Taylor is servicable while they decide who to replace Rivers with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I had to look up who their backup is. Tyrod Taylor is servicable while they decide who to replace Rivers with.
    Chargers need to make a splash to sell tickets in LA. They have little choice but to try and go for the big play. Starting Tyrod Taylor and figuring it out, like the Bills did they year before they drafted Josh, is probably a non-starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tua cleared his first hurdle with positive medical news on his injured hip.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Chargers need to make a splash to sell tickets in LA. They have little choice but to try and go for the big play. Starting Tyrod Taylor and figuring it out, like the Bills did they year before they drafted Josh, is probably a non-starter.
    The only way Tyrod starts is if they're going to engage in a tank job for Trevor Lawrence. Trading for Cam Newton is a possibility, otherwise they probably try to swing a trade with the Lions to lock up Tua.

Honestly with two teams now in the QB hunt the Lions and Giants both have to be licking their chops. Plenty of opportunity to trade down and pick up multiple firsts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Surprised nobody is talking about Tom Brady being a free agent.
    Most people expect him to return to New England with a massive payday.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Most people expect him to return to New England with a massive payday.
    I don't even know about Payday. I think he decides one more crack at it with New England is better than going 6-10 in LA before being replaced with Justin Herbert next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I don't even know about Payday. I think he decides one more crack at it with New England is better than going 6-10 in LA before being replaced with Justin Herbert next year.
    Going to LA would be the same as retiring now, but getting some sucker to pay you an extra year, I don't see Brady coasting into the sunset like that.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Going to LA would be the same as retiring now, but getting some sucker to pay you an extra year, I don't see Brady coasting into the sunset like that.
    You know retirement could play into this too. I doubt he wants to go out being booed in a 1/4 filled LA stadium with announcers saying "It doesn't always end gloriously for a legendary QB."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way he'll go to LA. Who wants to play 16 away games a year?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    There's no way he'll go to LA. Who wants to play 16 away games a year?
    I mean who wants to play for a new team to begin with? That's my entire point. There's no reason for him to leave New England so long as the Patriots give him an offer.

15+ Year Old Account
    The failure of Brady/Pats is so overblown. Remember when everyone was going nuts about the Titans HC using the loophole to take all that time away from the pats possession before the game ended? It was a close game by a team that went on to embarrass the top seed Ravens.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-02-12 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jameis Winston got eye surgery. Watch him suddenly become a good QB from this.

What, was it a surgery to fool him into thinking opponent's jerseys are the same color as his team so he is more likely to target his own players?

10+ Year Old Account
    It made Kearse a serviceable WR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh Norman cut, which is no surprise, he was barely playing last year. Its been almost four years since he signed that big contract and only one CB contract has exceeded it, and barely so.

With Trumaine Johnson and Xavier Rhodes also likely facing release, that's 3 of the top 4 CB contracts going away, weird to see such financial stagnation at that position given how important it can be in a passing dominated league.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Norman will realistically go wherever they pay him the most.

But he should go to Buffalo.

As for the stagnation. I think CB is becoming much more a system position than a player position, kinda like WR is. Teams are confident in just drafting "athletes" and letting their DC scheme them into good situations.

The only way Tyrod starts is if they're going to engage in a tank job for Trevor Lawrence. Trading for Cam Newton is a possibility, otherwise they probably try to swing a trade with the Lions to lock up Tua.

Honestly with two teams now in the QB hunt the Lions and Giants both have to be licking their chops. Plenty of opportunity to trade down and pick up multiple firsts.
    Tyrod's last full season he led the Bills to the playoffs in a Rick Dennison-led offense.

If you design an offense around him, I think he can be a perfectly servicable QB. Especially with the weapons they have in Ekeler etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Norman will realistically go wherever they pay him the most.

But he should go to Buffalo.

As for the stagnation. I think CB is becoming much more a system position than a player position, kinda like WR is. Teams are confident in just drafting "athletes" and letting their DC scheme them into good situations.
    We're already in the hunt for Greg Olsen, might as well add another Panther to the roster.

In seriousness, though, I don't think CB is a huge need for us. Our two guys who played 2nd CB this season were both okay-to-above-average, they just got outshone hard by Tre White on the other side. But both are FAs, but both can be had for much cheaper than Norman probably wants.

Though signing one cheap AND getting Norman might make the secondary lock down.

I never understood why a team would have paid Josh Norman anything close to above mid tier money, he had 1 year he wasn't average at best.

I can't wait to see what team gives Chris Harris Jr a bunch of money to suck next. He was bad this year, but supposedly wants top corner money still.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Tyrod's last full season he led the Bills to the playoffs in a Rick Dennison-led offense.
    This might be the most impressive thing a team has ever done. Rick Dennison is insanely bad.