Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

So why the anger over the final cinematic?

I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?

• Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    The ending was lazy.

They essentially reused two plot devices that they've done in previous expansions (Thrall shooting Deathwing with a beam + The Lich King trying to turn us) it was lazy writing.

It was anti-climactic as hell. There was no huge final cinematic like previous expansions.

And after everything....Azeroth was relatively untouched + the Horde vs. Alliance thing was so overhyped.

It was lazy.

I agree, the Old Gods demonstrated that they were absolutely NO threat Sargeras couldn't handle. The only question really is why was he wasting time floating around in a cloud surrounding Azeroth instead of just cleaving the planet immediately? Oh, because the story had to happen...

So in the end, the Old Gods suck and Sargeras is a moron. All to build up the Void Lords as a threat and I'm sure we just push them over too.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-02-13 at 03:30 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I agree, the Old Gods demonstrated that they were absolutely NO threat Sargeras couldn't handle. The only question really is why was he wasting time floating around in a cloud surrounding Azeroth instead of just cleaving the planet immediately? Oh, because the story had to happen...

So in the end, the Old Gods suck and Sargeras is a moron. All to build up the Void Lords as a threat and I'm sure we just push them over too.
    Pedestrian level writing where the villain doesn't do something because it would end the story. Instead of giving a long winded explanation regarding his masterful evil plan, he hung out in a cloud while we killed Argus until it was time for The Pantheon to imprison him.

And this was still somehow better and more satisfying than what we got from N'zoth at the end of BfA. Let that sink in. And people dared defend Visions as a logical and fitting threat from N'zoth. "Alternate dimension! Oh no, he can re-make Azeroth into Ny'alotha IF he wins!" It's like Hades' lackeys in Disney's Hercules.

"You mean IF? YES, if, IF IS GOOD!"

How did that shit turn out in execution?
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-02-13 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Welcome to World of Borecraft, where interesting characters, cosmic monsters and sinister plots are ruined by red herrings, macguffins and Ion Hazzikostas. He and J. Allen Brack are the left and right hand Meat Puppets of Bobby Kotick, in a trifecta of awful.

The best story you're going to find in World of Warcraft is the easter egg of good RP with intelligent people not bogged down by self-created social awkwardness. It's out there, you just have to find it under all the festering scum of online humanity.

I feel like the boars at Durotar and the kobolds at Elwynn Forest have had more impact than N'Zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras was not afraid of the old gods, he was afraid of what happens when the void takes over a titan soul - yes it would be done through the old gods, but he saw a planet that was overrun by them, and the world soul being twisted and corrupted to allow a void titan.

That scared him, because a void titan would be stronger than any of the titans, even azeroth. So he went on a crusade destroying everything, every planet, every world soul, to make sure the void never succeeded in that plan.

He also wanted to harness azeroths power for himself, like he harnessed argus. He only stabbed azeroth because he lost, and he didnt want to give up what he viewed as being his. That's why during the argus fight he does not simply slash azeroth in half, he doesn't want to blow up azeroth or destroy the planet, he wants to harness azeroth for himself.

The hate caused by the ever rising ridiculous high expectations of the ungrateful community that blizzard is unable to meet.

The End Cinematic was not a standalone thing like other Expansions. It was part of the boss fight itself, and people don't seem to understand that.

Furthermore, N'zoth actually won us over and only the heart of Azeroth saved us from falling into his madness, Azeroth being a very powerful titan to be, if I might add, according to the lore.

Also, old gods are only agents of the Void Lords, which are still out there. Also we did beat two other old gods before and nzoth was actually weaker in some ways than the other two faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Pedestrian level writing where the villain doesn't do something because it would end the story. Instead of giving a long winded explanation regarding his masterful evil plan, he hung out in a cloud while we killed Argus until it was time for The Pantheon to imprison him
    And people actually PRAISE the Sargeras cinematic for some reason. It made Sargeras look like a joke.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I feel like the boars at Durotar and the kobolds at Elwynn Forest have had more impact than N'Zoth.
    If not them, Hogger is definitely more memorable and relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes there was A LOT of build up, and yes we did win with a meme beam in the end. But we were never going to lose, unfortunately. N'zoth did take control of us before the heart broke us out, he did "win". There are only a few bosses who have ever won, the lich king killed us, argus killed us, queen azshara free'd n'zoth despite losing, and n'zoth took over our minds but azeroth saved us.

Sure, it wasn't the ending a lot of us wanted, and maybe it felt rushed, but this was a storyline building since EN - Is that really rushed?

Truly, what did we expect? lol

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wasted 2 expansions worth of material (Azshara & Nazjatar - N'zoth & Black Empire) and two very significant chars in lore, in two patches of the worst expansion of WoW history, in the laziest possible way.
    And yet, they had time and money to render 4 full 3D cinematic for the sadface and black mamba, developed a story no one asked for, in a D&D GoT level of stupidity - which turned out to be MOP 2!

They invested so much in the side dish, and served you a peanut as the main course.

N'Zoth was truly wasted. RIP tentacle daddy. :_(

And people actually PRAISE the Sargeras cinematic for some reason. It made Sargeras look like a joke.
    And yet, they managed to make an evil more pitiful end with BfA. It's almost like they challenged themselves to do worse.

"How long has it been since Return of the King? 16 years? That's long enough, let's just rip off that ending, but make it as short as possible, and no epilogue! We don't want to spoil our player base into thinking WE CARE!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Welcome to World of Borecraft, where interesting characters, cosmic monsters and sinister plots are ruined by red herrings, macguffins and Ion Hazzikostas. He and J. Allen Brack are the left and right hand Meat Puppets of Bobby Kotick, in a trifecta of awful.

The best story you're going to find in World of Warcraft is the easter egg of good RP with intelligent people not bogged down by self-created social awkwardness. It's out there, you just have to find it under all the festering scum of online humanity.
    That's like seven burns in two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    He also wanted to harness azeroths power for himself, like he harnessed argus. He only stabbed azeroth because he lost, and he didnt want to give up what he viewed as being his. That's why during the argus fight he does not simply slash azeroth in half, he doesn't want to blow up azeroth or destroy the planet, he wants to harness azeroth for himself.
    Like I said, Sargeras is a moron. KILL AZEROTH IMMEDIATELY. Holy crap.

I'm sure the last thought running thru Sargeras' head as he got jailed was "fuck! I'm an idiot for not cleaving this planet".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    1. Sargeras had much more then 10 years lead up to, and we didnt even fight him, he just died in a cinematic.
    2. sargeras is not terrified of the old gods, he is terrified of the void lords, and a void titan. if you werep ut in a room with a cancer cell would you be scared? No of course not, but does that mean you arnt scared of someone you knowing GETTING cancer? nah.
    3. again, sargeras.
    4. again sargeras.
    5. sargeras didnt even get to take center stage.
    A. He had a plan, but seemingly we broke it. Seemingly, it seems odd he let us go straight to him, and Ion did hint at more
    B. yes just a DBZ beam... Not a forge of origination we have been working on making sure was not used since wotlk, a thing that could wipe out all life on azeroth, instead directed at destroying Nzoth
    C. We dont know that, how could you know that? He did much, MUCH in the background, and we will see what that will be as time passes, it took many many years for the death of cthun and yog for their deaths to effect azeroth (the cataclysm)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Like I said, Sargeras is a moron. KILL AZEROTH IMMEDIATELY. Holy crap.

I'm sure the last thought running thru Sargeras' head as he got jailed was "fuck! I'm an idiot for not cleaving this planet".
    He wasnt trying to kill azeroth, he fell inlove with her, both of you need to read the Destro warlock staff lore.
    he fell inlove and wanted to fel corrupt her. but when we start pulling him away he pulls a "if i cant have her, no one can" and tries to kill her as in "No if i cant corrupt her, i need to kill her so the void lords cant"

read the lore next time, both of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

He wasnt trying to kill azeroth, he fell inlove with her, both of you need to read the Destro warlock staff lore.
    he fell inlove and wanted to fel corrupt her. but when we start pulling him away he pulls a "if i cant have her, no one can" and tries to kill her as in "No if i cant corrupt her, i need to kill her so the void lords cant"

read the lore next time, both of you.
    None of that precludes the point that Sargeras is an idiot.

If this is where the saga of the Old Gods end, then they were the most useless and ineffective villains that WoW has ever seen. They all essentially showed their...non-face and got stomped immediately. These creatures considered so stubborn that the titans deemed them impossible to kill, these reality-bending freaks of nature that are conniving and intelligent to the point of warping even the mightiest creatures to insanity.

It's just a boring victory again. Yet another evil we stomp out without any real hiccups. The Void Lords are introduced as an ineffective and weak threat considering the Old Gods all rolled over the moment they were confronted.

7+ Year Old Account
    None of that precludes the point that Sargeras is an idiot.
    Why is he an idiot? He was actually being quite smart.
    He was trying to corrupt her into fel, then boom 2 fel titans, they could easily take on the void lords.
    he could have gone for a swing but a swing takes longer ten a direct stab, he would have only hit the surface before being pulled away. going for a direct stab had the best chance of killing her while being pulled away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    These creatures considered so stubborn that the titans deemed them impossible to kill
    no they ddint, the titans literally killed one... they just said it was not a good idea to kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

It's a huge waste of time and resources coming from blizzard's idea to just LOL KAMEHAMEHA from ur necklace?!?! I was kinda epic chaos crazy madness fight... Nope, it's fucking lame than we thought it would be. It could have been better