Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Gotta love people who dont pay attention to the story and then bitch about it. He had a plan, it was to take over the Forge of Origination and reshape Azeroth into Ny'alotha. Then we used the Forge on him. It was not some "pewpew lazor beam". It completely originates it's target. You can't really have a defense against something that removes you from existence.

Then once we got into Ny'alotha. His backup plan was to let us get to him and use our Heart to direct link into the Heart Chamber to take Azeroth from there.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2020-02-13 at 04:17 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. Sargeras had much more then 10 years lead up to, and we didnt even fight him, he just died in a cinematic.
    Sargeras didn't die.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It lacked the typical finality of prior finales. Just go back and watch the Arthas one, or the Deathwing one, or the Garrosh one. You'll figure out very quickly exactly what N'zoth was missing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I agree, the Old Gods demonstrated that they were absolutely NO threat Sargeras couldn't handle. The only question really is why was he wasting time floating around in a cloud surrounding Azeroth instead of just cleaving the planet immediately? Oh, because the story had to happen...

So in the end, the Old Gods suck and Sargeras is a moron. All to build up the Void Lords as a threat and I'm sure we just push them over too.
    I know it's not reflected in Chronicle, but in the game lore Sargeras has been discorporealized since he let his avatar get defeated by Aegwynn to let him haunt Medhiv.

I mean the entire point of rescuing Illidan's body on top of the Nighthold is to keep it from being possessed by Sargeras. Although from that cinematic it's unknown whether or not Sargeras has been haunting Azeroth since Aegwynn or whether or not it was him being left without a body since we re-homed Illidan before Sargeras could move in.

Either way his spirit is drawn off Azeroth by the Titans who then imprison him but he just manages an almost fatal strike in the process. Seems like a good setup, but one that wasn't fully capitalized on. Which isn't exactly off-par for Blizzard, even from Vanilla.

Tbh it was just... the bare minimum. Instead of making all the Saurfang movies, I mean, ya know.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    All the ending was a rehashed cataclysm ending paired with lotr. And to mention this what we got for the black empire some obelisks and floating places while all the cool stuff and what I assume people actually wanted is all contained in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    Wrong. Sargeras didn't fear the Old Gods at all. He feared the Void Lords. Y'know, the ones that created the Old Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrong. Sargeras didn't fear the Old Gods at all. He feared the Void Lords. Y'know, the ones that created the Old Gods?
    He used to fear old gods instead - before they were made mere parasites. I guess that's what he meant.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Sargeras didn't die.
    We don't know if n'zoth is dead either.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    He used to fear old gods instead - before they were made mere parasites. I guess that's what he meant.
    The whole pantheon worried what they could do to Azeroth if left unchecked, but they couldn't just rip them away like they did Y'sarj. So, they locked them up. Sargeras, believing Azeroth was doomed anyway, wanted to destroy it to prevent it from becoming a void titan. That began the burning crusade. When called out by the others for corrupting himself with fel, he killed their bodies, and their souls were flung away until he could collect them back in an attempt to corrupt them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certainly not angry about it but, it does feel anti-climactic after his lurking as a threat for so long.

But I mean, what else was going to happen? We were always going to win.

Still waiting for the magical mythic only-phase cinematic I see, eh?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something in the game hints that he isn't. A mention that the whispers haven't stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Still waiting for the magical mythic only-phase cinematic I see, eh?
    Look below you.
    also all three other old gods were killed, but are still very active to this day.

So why the anger over the final cinematic?
    Because there wasn't one.

Not really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    None of that precludes the point that Sargeras is an idiot.
    To be fair... Sargeras isn't an idiot. He was just written exceptionally poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    All the ending was a rehashed cataclysm ending paired with lotr. And to mention this what we got for the black empire some obelisks and floating places while all the cool stuff and what I assume people actually wanted is all contained in a raid.
    This is exactly what I came here to say.

I know that blizzard likes to reference pop culture and other stories, but basically jacking the ending of Return of the King for the climax of your entire expansion is not a great look.

what does this have to do with the fact that you claimed that Sargeras died?

Besides the anticlimax of it all, the problem is they could have done a whole lot more with it - not just the end cinematic, but both N'Zoth and Ny'alotha. Instead, they devoted most of the time of the expansion to a shitty faction war turned Horde rebellion storyline nobody wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    what does this have to do with the fact that you claimed that Sargeras died?
    He was removed from the story, we likely will never see him again. or atleast not for another 6 years.
    Kelthuzad is not dead, yet we havnt seen him since wotlk.
    a charecter being "dealt with" one way or another, usually means they are gunna be removed from the story forever, or for a long time.
    archimonde was gone from tbc till wod.
    Kelthuzad was gone for tbc, then again wotlk till whenever they have him pop up.
    bolvar was gone from end of wotlk till shadowlands.
    illidan was gone from tbc till legion.

charecters commonly die/get locked up then come back.
    but its how they are dealt with thats important.
    Sargeras was dealt with, we are obviously not going to see him in shadowlands, we didnt see him in BFA, so atleast 6 years with him just gone?
    yeah.